1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Cowherd - Difference between Rox and Thunder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Stros, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and blue Kyptonite to haters

Rocket River
    Those Bizarro Rocket 'fans'

Daddy Long Legs and hakeem94 like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't like that analysis. Not denying that personality doesn't play some role, but the reason Houston is successful and OKC is not can't be just a matter of personality difference between Harden and Westbrook. It's too easy to trash a player personally when their team is struggling. Let's not forget that's what the media did with Harden a couple seasons ago.

tinman and hakeem94 like this.
  3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Max Kellerman is the new Ja.

douglasreedy1 likes this.
  4. SuraGotMadHops

Since Cowherd went back to just doing radio I like his takes much better. When he was on ESPN he was basically playing a character (like Skip is now) and it just wasn't him.

Htown Stros likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Colin has a pretty good brain . He just knows that outlandish takes generate more publicity than calm, rational ones ....

Just like everybody's favorite max kellerman.

These guys are all just talking heads . The only thing they care about is viewer/listenership .

You don't get any points for being right . You are allowed to reverse your position on a dime . You are allowed to say you've been saying something all along ( even when you've been saying the opposite )

None of these takes matter . I guess it's nice that people are talking about the rockets .

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I cant stand this guy. He knows nothing about sports

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

After listening to that piece by Colin I felt like giving Russel Westbrook a hug.

heypartner and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

It's about playing style and habits to me. Harden and Chris Paul are working because they're both willing passers and they respect each other. You can tell they each love to see the other guy make the big play in tough games. Westbrook is amazingly talented but when stuff starts getting tight, he reverts to trying to do too much himself.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

As others have said, it's difficult to take Colin seriously. He has one agenda: say something controversial / contrarian and attract / engage an audience. Most of what he says is fabricated and not really his view.

I find Kellerman to be more sincere!

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm listening to this now and all I gotta say is, if PG stays in OKC, then it's because of WB.

PG's responses so far says they actually have a chance.

And I actually liked his attitude with the dumb reporters. I'm as sick as he is with them always baiting for ****.

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This is first-class horse****. Cowherd, feigning boldness, has constructed a simplistic theory to fit retrospective data. If the Thunder were doing better, he'd make exactly the opposite argument, with exactly the same air of authority. He's a performer.

Listen to what real players say about situations like this: Winning makes everything easier, and losing makes everything harder. Harden isn't facing nearly the same strain Westbrook is dealing with. If he did -- think of that eye-roll and abrupt exit he once gave to Matt Bullard, or his eruption at McHale's comment about leadership -- we'd probably be seeing the kind of funk and sniping we're seeing in OKC.

durvasa and tinman like this.
  12. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Please don't sully the forum with Cowherd B.S.. That guy doesn't have any of his own opinions he just tried to be provocative and go against the public view. The way he talks says it all. Total trash.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

What does Colin Cowherd know about hiring surgeons at Boston General?

glimmertwins likes this.
  14. JazzLakerHater

This guys a big time Harden hater. He just hates Westbrook infinitely more.

Rocket River likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I said it wouldn’t work because of Westbrook’s egomaniac personality.

Watched an OKC game recently vs Warriors

Rockets: Force switches to get Harden or CP3 on a mismatch center or PF at the top of the key iso.
    Now add iso Joe in iso or post up action.

Thunder: Mostly go iso with their star vs opposing counterpart on the other team. No deception.
    No mismatch. Just mano-a-mano vs an equally talented player with help defense behind him.

Rockets way is easier and more efficient

#35 ApacheWarrior, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Htown Stros likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

it does 1 player cares most about wins, team success, best seed possible, HCA

the other its all about individual success, trip dubs, uncontested rebounds, stat chasing, stat padding, holding back all-star teammates

17. Wylo

Wylo Member

Cowherd also says Kerr is jealous of Harden and defends Harden's free throw drawing tactics in this video

#37 Wylo, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It does seem like a very arbitrary argument. To say Westbrook is brooding, hard to get along with, stat chasing, etc goes completely against the narrative that many in the media including Cowherd were pushing about Westbrook last year to get him an MVP...and don't even get me started about how the media takes turn saying no one wants to play with Harden, he's aloof, selfish, etc. It's not even attempting to be a fair read on a situation - it's just "make a read that support whatever stupid semi-controversial theme you want to spout off on" It's not based on reality - if you are winning, they say it's because of all your star's best qualities, if you are losing, it's because of all your star's worst qualities but we know that's never going to be true because real life just isn't that black and white.

Finally, to insinuate that Westbrook(who has been to the finals and has won an MVP) compares to Johnny Manziel is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard someone say. Just think about how ridiculous that statement is for a second comparing a successful NBA athlete to a guy who hasn't done anything in the NFL at all. Sure Westbrook's team is underperforming, but he has been deep in the playoffs several time, averaged a triple double, and won an MVP - what about Westbrook as a person is so similar to a guy who has done nothing professionally? Dumb.

[​IMG]

19. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Media still trashing harden.

20. riko

riko Member

Harden didn’t make Lin better because Lin is a average role player. Limited talent and low ceiling. Lin was a average offensive player with a broken shot. Hence he keeps bouncing around the league.