1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Cowherd: Championship is there for James Harden to take it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, May 10, 2019.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Harden was not underdog vs Portland in R1.

He was not underdog against SA (without Kawhi)

bmelo, SWTsig and hakeem94 like this.
  2. gogispade

gogispade Member

I like Cowherd.. when he talks nice and objective about our squad.

Rock Block and hakeem94 like this.
  3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

If we lose it’s on CP0....
    He was brought in for these exact moments.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

And I think he got his fair amont of criticism for those losses.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Don’t disagree with any of that but it is incredible unfair to both Harden and Paul. They should already have a chip and if they had to face just an average championship level team they would be likely multiple time champs. The fact that Harden’s prime just by pure happenstance corresponds with the most talented team ever is really unfair to Hardens legacy.

J Sizzle likes this.
  6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I NORMALLY give no shiit what that nimrod says because he’s a hot take guy that flips the next day.

Wed morning he called Harden and the team a “bunch of Floppy McFloppers” and said that if we advance like some people want then the rest of the fans lose. The whole time he’s blabbing the film behind him on the big screen was showing Harden and Paul missing shots, lay ups and falling down but as soon as he started talking about the Warrriors it’s Curry and Thompson hitting every shot, LOL, just hilarious, talk about trying to further the narrative. I wasn't upset, I just laughed and flipped the TV back off .

7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The championship is there for capaela, and all that stands in the way is 2 million dollar kevin 'looney tunes' looney and Draymond greene.

House needs a hefty extension based off of his play against the jazz but the market value of house's contract is just crappy as the 1.5 million dollars that rivers is getting.

Rivers is the top contender for a mid level extension but will Austin rivers get buckets in a game 6 making him worthy of an extention?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Simmons is a gem no doubt about that. Too bad Philly wants to win now rather than a tad later.

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

If Harden wants to go down as one of the all time best he can’t let this team lose this series. Simply as that. Fairness has nothing to do w it. This is the same guy that demanded the rock in clutch time during the regular season, now all of a sudden when the pressure is really on some on here want to blame his supporting cast when he defers?? Sorry, it doesn’t work that way.

We expected him to take over all season. We should expect the exact same thing now. If he’s unwilling or unable to do so then we just have to come to grips w the fact that he simply isn’t the player we want him to be. I’m cautiously optimistic that he’ll finally shed his choker label starting tonight.

10. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Time for these:

[​IMG]

11. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

That legacy will be remembered by Rockets fans also.

J Sizzle likes this.
  12. cebu

cebu Member

THIS IS TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON HARDEN AND MDA.

13. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Agreed 100%

14. pippsux

pippsux Member

That doesn't count. Consultant..... Lol

#34 pippsux, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  15. pippsux

pippsux Member

I don't need Cowherd to tell me what we all know as fans. If Rockets dont win this series, Harden, MDA Cp3 will have to own this. The basketball Gods are fair, last year he took Cp3 from us when we needed him the most, now he has taken KD,
    No excuses
    Non

16. YaoMingsSoulja

Harden hasn't had what it takes to take his team to the promised land. His mvp year he couldnt do it, it was mostly CP3 who carried us to the conference finals and was about to take down gs before he got hurt. Then Harden shows up this season and takes his game to a whole other level that nobody thought was possible, having what Matt Bullard called a HISTORIC season. And even after that, the Houston Rockets STILL were underdogs coming into this series. Now their best player is out with an injury with 2 games left. Redemption from last season if you ask me. Can James Harden pull this thing off ? CP3 doesn't have to be the guy he was last year. But James Harden HAS to be the guy he was this year. He has to put the team on his shoulders like he did in the regular season and play some inspired basketball. Do it for your god damn legacy James.

17. shlhl

shlhl Member

18. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I dislike Cowtard a lot, but he is very right on this.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

If Harden comes out tonight and shoots 20% from three, breaks his own record for turnovers, quits before the half, looks stoned, etc., his reputation as a playoff choker is cemented. No doubt. I am predicting that he has his best game of the series so far. Let's go with that one.