1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Codman's intel (taken from soon-defunct "cyberx" thread)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Jul 12, 2015.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

There's no Rick Adelman connection that I can recall, but perhaps Eric Gordon is the aforementioned "splash" that Codman was referring to?

Gordon was once upon a time a 20 PPG scorer that's quite obviously had trouble staying on the court. But injuries don't change the facts that EG can play. He's a playmaking combo guard that can knock down the open jumper as good as anybody, put the ball on the floor and generally plays high IQ basketball. Plus, he's in the final year of his contract. With Tyreke and Holiday manning the starting backcourt, perhaps New Orleans views him as expendable?

Just thinking outloud here. Odds are EG isn't the guy Codman was referring to. Defensively, at least historically, he's been very subpar. Plus, can he play PG consistently? I know he's logged minutes there before, but can he stay in front of the young fast guys? And, of course, the injuries.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Unless we plan on trading either Harden, Howard or Ariza's contract, it would be impossible to trade for Gordon.

Once Brewer and Bev become available for trade, then it would be possible, but that's not until Dec 15th. Plus what would the Pelicans would probably rather have cap space instead of taking on Brewers contract.

Really, Evens, Holiday and Anderson are really intriguing, financially we could keep Ariza and add one of them by using Papa/Prigs

But what incentive do they have to dump their best players until next the off season at least? Doesn't really make sense, doubt they want 30 year old Ariza either. Milos got be pumped with his decoding of codman, but the more I thought about it, the less sense it made.

The only trade that would make sens with the Pelicans is something like Motiejunas, Papa, Prigs for Anderson. Gordon's contract is too large, we can't replace Holiday or Evens for them.

3. malakas

malakas Member

yes. He was alr available but now they got insurance.

4. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Jennings brings baggage and IMO a lack of passion for the game. However if he was around this environment that could change.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Would absolutely love Jennings but I don't think he will be ready by the season opener?

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I hear ya on all of that. Like I said, I was merely thinking outloud and trying to solve the puzzle.

Like you said: practically speaking, this would be more of a February move.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Would have to be a buy-extremely-low situation for me to trade for Jennings. That achilles injury would prevent me from giving up any real trade value.

#167 clutch citizen, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

what's jennings contract look like?

9. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

$8,344,497 expiring next season. So it'd be super easy to match the salary. Just depends on what Detroit would want for him. Being an UFA next summer should drive his price down some along with his injury. Could be worth taking a shot on him if the price is right.

10. basketballholic

Dinwiddie. Not Jennings.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Looks like Pen15clubber has taken an early lead,
    but BBHolic is quickly making up ground...:eek:

1 person likes this.
  12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Jennings is definitely a classic buy low/low risk gamble that Morey could dump the Jones, Papa, Prigs package for.

Jennings/Bev/Terry
    Harden/Thornton
    Ariza/Brewer/KJ
    Smith/Dmo
    Howard/Capela

Works for me, depth for days

13. mightybosstone

Fixed. Couldn't help it.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmfao this is how you know this thread is destined for great things

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

We have Terry's birds rights. We could S&T to match salary. Or do the same with KJ if he were to sign at the minimum.

16. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Im gonna start by saying I actually watch the Pistons. They're one of my league pass teams. Dinwiddie is trash. Jennings is underrated because his percentages are trash.

Also Drummond is an absolute God.

17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Pistons a league pass team, dude you either have a lot of time on your hands, or the patience of a saint

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Why do you want to dump that package on a player coming off a major injury? There has to be better value for those assets

19. malakas

malakas Member

I watch some of their games too and I totally agree Persian Rocket. But maybe there's still some hope for him.
    Definitely neither Jennings at his state, nor Dinwiddle are a starting caliber pointguard that we need or should aim for. After acquiring either we will still be the weakest pg rotation in the league except Philly (which doens't count because it's not a real NBA team).

What do you think of Monroe btw?:p

20. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

This thread in a nutshell:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.