1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Codman's intel (taken from soon-defunct "cyberx" thread)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Jul 12, 2015.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm here to do my part in kick starting a new 5000+ page thread.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't know why Kevin Martin keeps getting mentioned. He isn't a fan of the organization and I believe he's a client of Dan "Satan's Left Nut" Fegan.

If there's a splash to be had? Codman mentions a point guard who is really kind of a 2 guard. Darren Collison kinda fits the bill. He supposedly isn't thrilled about the idea of carrying Rondo's luggage.

Which would be a nice "get", but maybe not a splash.

Boogie Cousins would be a splash but would require so many moving parts, and maybe even a third team, and Dmo's return to health, etc etc.

3. delishman

delishman Member

This too, is what I thought.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

This information is very logical so it has the appearance of truth even if he just made it all up ... I agree wth almost of of it which is nice . I'm worried about the DMO not healing fast line tho . I think people on here are way too optimistic given the normal severity of the surgury and are taking a line said by Dwight that his operation was worse than Dmo's as fact when in all likelihood it could have been BS .

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Because he fits the criteria and his feelings towards the organization and is agent are irrelevant.

6. delishman

delishman Member

YO.. PLOWER!

We need the DOC translators in here to break down each of those posts. SG in a PG's body, connection to RA, and in a crowded back court:

CJ
    Bled's Dead (No RA connection)
    Brandon Jennings (No RA connection)
    NOT RICKY: Zach Lavine

I also think he is referring to LaVine and not Wicky Wubio. Wicky is about a PURE of a PG as there is.. would not fit what CODMAN was talking about. Also, they've repeatedly said they aren't going to trade him. Just drafted Tyus too..

7. basketballholic

LOL.

Minny isn't going to trade Levine and keep Rubio. Levine is Flip's little project that he's hoping to turn into another Westbrook. Flip wants a scoring/shooting point guard in the Westbrook mold.

They may give up and trade Levine at some point. But they're not going to trade Levine and keep Rubio. Rubio is the one on the block.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the only teams adelman had an association with, as a player and coach, are:

rockets
    bulls
    blazers
    kings
    new orleans jazz (could count for pellicans and jazz)
    wolves

my guess is either collison, rubio, or trey burk.

9. ROXTXIA

And we just signed Marcus Thornton, a poor man's version of Kevin Martin.

How many shooting guards do we need?

1 person likes this.
  10. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

"2112" it's a Rush album. Rush is from Toronto.

Lowry or DeRozan?

11. SRR21

SRR21 Member

DYST Now ‏@DYST_Now 1m1 minute ago

"If you locked him a gym overnight and told him he can't dunk, he'd have 6 points in the morning." - Charles Barkley on DeAndre Jordan
    1 retweet 0 favorites

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

We've only got 3 now really.

Nick johnson still isn't ready.

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

codman just posted in the thornton thread if anyone wants to head over there and kiss or discuss it

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

and just like that, everyone stopped posting in this thread lol

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Has to do more with the Adelman being the common theme.

Kevin Martin has played in Houston, Minnesota, and Sacramento -> all places where Adelman has coached.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thornton being a rotation player isn't set in stone either, if we where to trade for a talent such as Martin, I believe both MT and NJ would be completely out of the rotation.

On a side note, I believe if we where to trade for Martin, that either Brewer or Ariza would be being traded, there's not enough room in the rotation for Harden, Ariza, Brewer, Martin and none can really play significant time at the PG or PF.

17. ROXTXIA

Oh well. You try and do the right thing.

Codman was apparently referring to Thornton with the Adelman reference. He has new stuff in that other thread.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Codman thanks for the info ( Hopefully we can still land a 2nd playmaker)

In regards to what you said about Smith and Dwight not wanting him to go anyplace. If Morey say uses the MLE on KJ and doesn't raise his offer for Smoove and he walks will that cause friction between Houston and Dwight for his next contract?

I can see that becoming a problem especially since Dwight is on the back half of his career and wants to win now a guy like Smoove is more vital than a project like KJ.

19. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Why would butler be on the block? He a legitimate max guy and rose is going to get hurt again next year anyway. Why would Chicago choose rose over butler when rose will probably never put together a full season at peak level?

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Yaaaa that makes no sense, nobody is rolling with the current rose over butler