1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Codman's intel (taken from soon-defunct "cyberx" thread)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Jul 12, 2015.

1. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

SOURCES
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

LOWRY TO ROCKETS!!!

[​IMG]

#41 ZomgZ, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Your anti-Codman bit has been duly noted.

Over. And over. And over. And over again.

EDIT. Anyway, Thornton might be a reference to Adelman's old stomping grounds, but Codman also mentioned us making a splash. Thornton is a move that might help set up a splash, but in and of itself, it's a ripple.

#42 ROXTXIA, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  3. basketballholic

Is this a hint at Marcus Smart??? Boston signed Amir to a 2/24 deal with the second year non-guaranteed..Smart/Amir for DMo/Brewer/pick/other assets???

Sure looks like the true title contenders are tapped out and down to minimum salaries or parts of the MLE. I've felt like Smoove was coming back for awhile now. Codman is confirming it.

This confirms a little rumor I heard when Love re-signed. It's not written in stone that he stays there. Part of the agreement with Lebron is they'll move him if he wants out. Codman mentioned in another post Love being a chameleon. That fits what I've been told. Love is still wanting his free agent freedom even though he's signed a 5-year deal. He did what he had to do to get his 5-year deal with max raises. But he's still not locked in...in spite of what he says.

I can confirm all this. We won't trade for Ty unless we get other assets that we can use to ship him back out of here and clear his salary if we need to later.

Sure sounds like Derrick Rose. Google Portland theaters and remember Codman's words here
    Or...Jimmy B? (Possibly Kobe.) Foye? McCollum?

Adelman did play in Chicago.

Scola/Lowry package at the deadline???

Rubio

I'm out

4. MONON

MONON Member

I agree 100%.

Thanks, ROXTXIA for compiling Codman's recent info. Repped!

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Locking in for the necro bump in 2017

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Way to 2112 it, ROX. :cool:

7. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

anyone can translate the Pippen reference?

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Cj McCollum would be awesome don't really see Portland getting rid of him but then again they did just give lillard that 120mil deal, so I'm sure he wants a chance to start and get paid but he does have 2 more years on his contract so no really need to hybrid of him till after this year. I'm morey can pull McCollum Off we got our pg going foward.

I don't think Dennis Schroeder really fits here with harden he can't really score or shoot but is a great ball handler playmaker.

9. MONON

MONON Member

10. basketballholic

It's a hint at Chicago and Portland. Just like lost baggage. Rose, Butler.

#50 basketballholic, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Paging Codman thread

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, Minnesota was Rick's last stomping ground. And Rubio might be unnecessary now that they have two point guards they drafted in the past two drafts. Rubio was guarding Harden in that ankle breaking move that Harden put on him. Rockets have always been interested in Rubio.

But seems unlikely we'd give the T-wolves enough for a trade. T Jones for Rubio?

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL this was a Codman thread and now we have fake siders and wannabe insiders like _holic taking over again - SMH.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Nice insider analysis. A lot of it reads like a guy working on another team and hearing rumors... Which is what he said. When you consider DM chases a lot of stuff it's interesting but I don't think too telling

I don't doubt when something gets really close to going down Codman or someone like him might be able to scoop the news a wee bit early.... But it will be increasingly harder for them to outscoop Twitter

We shall see.

15. Airdough

Airdough Member

Seriously, every post has Rick James on repeat.

16. pass_to_Hakeem

Lol right?

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Rockets have to wait until August but I see Dekker, Prigs and Pap for Rubio's backup Zach LaVine and Kevin Martin. Gives Harden help at SG and LavVne did a great job while Rubio was out. Minny gets Kevin off the books and gets a somewhat local kid in Dekker.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why would Minnie keep Rubio and give up LaVine? They want to get younger and I thought they really liked LaVine.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

All yall thinking the Rockets are going to add a young guy who's going to take 2-3 years to become decent and 5-7 years to learn how to win... no. Just, no.

20. basketballholic

I take over because you can't. You don't know enough basketball to dribble your way out of a paper sack. So you sit around and post reams of crapola about other posters instead of discussing the game, the league, and our team.

Just another _arting _urd _anker that don't know which end is up because you've been swirlied so many times. LOL. :grin:

Since I refuse to break my string of posts that are on-topic on a miserable chap like you, I'll move forward and continue discussing the topic at hand.

The Chicago scenario with Rose/Butler is not quite buried. In fact, not at all. Chicago is monitoring the situation closely themselves. Butler could be on the block by January. Remember that.