1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[COD BOMB] Rockets have a backup plan for BIG 6 if signing Lebron fails in the summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 19, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

5 guys in their absolute prime isn't comparable to 5 guys on the downside of their career/injured

2. izeroi

izeroi Member

Kobe was injured (didn't play a single game) the first round and Nash only played in game 1 (lost by 12) and 2 (lost by 11). I mean if you're counting on injures then sure GS might not make it to the wcf, otherwise I'd disagree.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

That player is likely Luc.

4. Asian Sensation

Had 3 different coaches that year. Finished 45-37. No chemistry. Last won a Championship 3 years since that squad.

Nash was 38 missed 30+ games
    Kobe was 34
    Artest 33
    Pau 32 missed 30+ games.

Warriors next year
    Coming off back to back championships won 3 of last 4.

Durant 30
    Steph 30
    Boogie, Klay, Dray all 28 and under

I don’t see the correlation.

Assuming there’s no key injuries they are not going lose to freaking OKC or Utah or LA and unless we add a significant piece via trade 3rd star and add quality they won’t have much trouble with us either.

brosef and clutch citizen like this.
  5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

There’s already a key injury to that squad, and it’s a major one in any sport. Not saying GS won’t win because of it; they can win without Boogie obviously, and they can even win without Durant.

Adding Boogie was a smart move that had to be done by GS because it presented itself. But while it’s immaculate on paper, Boogie will miss half the season. He’ll be coming off one of the most dehabilitating injuries in sports. And he’ll have to adjust to playing in GS when he returns. If we assume GS has a top 3 record in the league (if not the best record) when it’s time to include Boogie, how will he affect their season’s formula. Will he adjust in time for the playoffs? Will he be 100%? Will he be able to move the same?

Regardless, your point is right on. Can’t compare that Lakers team to this GS team. GS is a favorite no matter how well Boogie gets integrated.

6. Asian Sensation

As long as he’s on the court he’ll have an impact. I can’t see him not playing well and hoping that he won’t be 100% or not fit in I think is the common sentiment and naive/wishful thinking on this board and the rest of the league.

He never relied on speed, quickness or athleticism and it’s not going to be like he forgot how to play when he’s back. Absolute worst case scenario **** hits the fan type of scenario he’ll still be like Bogut or Festival Ezeli which both of whom were key contributors.

It’s like a billionaire winning the jackpot lottery. They obviously don’t need the money but since they have it might as well put it to use.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you think there's ANY chance he's 100% then you've never seen a player come back from a torn Achilles before....same story if you can't see him not playing well.

If anything thinking that he'll play well and be anywhere near 100% is "naive/wishful thinking"

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

While his game doesn’t rely on athleticism or quickness, Golden State’s offense requires movement and timing at his position. He’ll have to screen (illegally) and pop out or drive quickly to the basket. His jumpshot and under-the-basket game will be affected. He’s a husky guy. His driving is underrated too.

It’s an Achilles tear. Not sure why this injury is being downplayed everywhere. I think it’s just people wanting to fall in love with a healthy Boogie joining Goliath. There’s a lot to overcome. Recovery from an Achilles, then fitting in yet another alpha to an already well-oiled machine. I think Draymond’s pitch was that Boogie could take his time to recover fully while being on a team with the best record heading into the playoffs. And get a ring in the process. Get paid next year wherever.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't think many remember that Elton Brand had the same injury and was never the same since. Brand's game wasn't built on athleticism either and his career flamed out almost immediately after he came back.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hindsight is 20/20

lebron is on downside of his carrer and yet noone is remotely good as he is

btw our 1 guy was better than worriers 4 allstars and only the refs made the difference

ITS A TEAM SPORT

Invisible Fan likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

hindsight? it was actually evident at the time. looking back at it doesn't make a difference.

i mean if you thought those 5 guys were in their absolute prime or not injured then basketball probably isn't your strong point

12. Asian Sensation

Yup, not disagreeing with you guys at all. AT are the worst. But as I mentioned even if he’s a shell of his former self I can still see him contributing enough to have an impact and that’s gravy on top.

As for Brand he was deceptively quick and athletic but regardless of that ...Brand was a 20/10 stud until his tear at age 28 as we all knew. After his tear he was obviously not the same but flame out almost immediately after is incorrect. After his injury he still had a few productive seasons averaging around 13/8. Not bad for a guy that signed a monster deal $79M especially at that time shortly after the injury. He could’ve packed it in completely. As for Cousins I know he hasn’t always been the poster boy for training and conditioning but he has some extra incentive to work and rehab as hard as he can. Dude went from potentially getting $175M this summer to that $5.3M. Ouch.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Yea and that's the other risk GSW is inheriting--Cousins is going to go out and try to get his own for that big payday next summer. That in and of itself could put a blackhole on the floor for the Warriors everytime he steps onto the court. Of course, that's totally fine with me that Cousins wants to sabotage the Warriors to get his stats.

clutch citizen likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dude, I like your optimism. But you are fast becoming one of the worst irrational homers on this board. Not everyone who thinks that the Warriors are better than the Rockets is living a miserable life. Some of us actually have a good life and do not need pumping up the Rockets to be happy. Let that sink in on your mind for a while please.

hakeem94, bulkatron, TheFreak and 2 others like this.
  15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I think our honey of a season was near as attractive as we thought. Cash money trumps honey.

16. Embrace the clutch

@Codman I can see your big 6 nugget coming to fruition. Honestly I’ve been a doubter of yours but think you are on to something with the big 6 prediction. Respect and please excuse my reluctant support of you!✊✊✊

J_Hunter_1977 and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Embrace the clutch

Staying optimistic

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. onreego

onreego Member

Bring Jimmy Butler home now.

/dream. No assets I know. :(

Plowman likes this.
  19. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I find it funny that everyone is panicking but we’re probably gonna head into next season with

Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Possibly Melo
    Clint Capela
    Eric Gordon

Not to mention P.J. Tucker and Gerald Green....

Come on guys I think we’ll be fine

20. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

The Bulls are one of the most difficult teams to deal with. You better have damn good assets to get a Butler

Ziggy likes this.