1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coaching possibilities : Eric Musselman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dc rock, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I like that idea too.

2. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

isn't EM "co-coach" of the grizz. ...or something to that effect?

3. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

“We are stuck w/ JVG.”

The coaching inst the main problem with this team, it is the personnel!!! Who is making the player moves? Is it Dawson or JVG, or a combo of both? I wish we would dump Dawson, he is way past his prime. The last 5 years of Rocket player moves have been Elgin Baylor like.

The Rox roster is utter garbage. 2 players and then 11 guys who are trash, many with contracts that preclude us from making deals. Awesome. Thanks Carrol.

FIRE CD now. CHOP CHOP.
    :mad:

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I can think of maybe 3 teams that wouldn't trade their entire roster for Houston's - SA, Minnesota, and Cleveland. When you have two top 10 players, you should be over .500, it's that simple.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

are you kidding?? seriously???

6. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I agree with dc on this one, I was thinking the same thing about possible replacements last month... but I do agree with bottle as well about them not eating the final 3 yrs on JVGs contract...oh well:rolleyes:

7. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Phoenix, Miami, Detroit, Denver, and Orlando would probably all disagree with you.

They all have young (and more talent than us) or have an established team to win it all.

If a team like the Clippers or Utah continue to lose, get lucky in the lottery like we did, and land a superstar rookie, they would instantly be as talented if not more because of the surrounding cast.

This is not to mention Charlotte who has Okafor, and could be top 5 lotto bound with enormous cap flexibility to add a free agent.

8. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

No Thanks I'll pass.. I've had too much to eat anyways. (whoops sorry wrong forum)

hehe anyways Eric is not what were looking for in a coach. He doesnt develop young players, and part of that is he wants to win so bad so I can understand but he is not looking at the big picture. Neither is JVG you take some losses to hopefully gain more down the line.

To me the ideal coach would be Del Harris (I love that guys style) or PJ (I hate to admit it).

J

9. jondoe654

jondoe654 Member

Am I the only one thinking that if Musselman wasn't good enough for Golden State then why would he be good for the Rox?

10. TheFreak

Houston has a better chance to win a championship in the next 10 years with Yao & McGrady than any of the 5 teams you mentioned (except MAYBE the Heat, only if they win it THIS YEAR or the next year or two).

There's most likely no way that those teams could get so lucky as to draft a Yao Ming or McGrady, as those players don't come around often. You enourmously overrate supporting players, it would appear.

11. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Detroit has already won a championship with their current squad. They handilly beat the Lakers who had 2 of the best 5 players in the league without a Top 10 player of their own. How did they do that?

Shaq may be slowly fading but it'll take 3-4 years before he becomes mediocre and Dwayne Wade will become a superstar during that time.

Stoudamire is younger than Yao and currently better than Yao. Marion is not as good as McGrady but Marion, Nash, Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardson are superior to the crap we have. You think it's a fluke Phoenix is so much better? And exactly how are Stoudamire, Marion, Johnson, and Richardson going to regress considering they are all young players with tremendous potential.

Orlando has Francis but more importantly, Dwight Howard who is fantastic at 18 years old, and a revived Grant Hill - still good for 3-4 years.

Carmello Anthony is a superstar and Kenyon Martin is a fantastic supporting player. Andre Miller is very underrated and Camby, if healthy has tremendous ability. If Denver can trade Nene for Michael Redd, that team will be be as good, if not better, than Detroit last year.

How did Detroit ever beat the Lakers? How did Tim Duncan by himself ever beat Kobe and Shaq (Shaq is always 10 times better in the playoffs).

You far underrate role players - especially role players who are borderline all-stars.

#31 RIET, Dec 24, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  12. TheFreak

How did Detroit win? I don't know that I can explain it but I suspect it was a fluke. Odds are the team with the best player in the league will win again this year, just like in about 22 of the last 25 years. Detroit will need to win a few more before that formula can be second-guessed.

Amare is better and younger than Yao? So you'd trade him for Yao then, right? I call b.s. Phoenix doesn't even run their offense, I mean 'fastbreak', through Amare.

13. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Eric the RusseltheMuscleMan? You're high!

14. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

That's why we should hire an offensive coordinatoor with no authority under JVG. Gumpy's dignity would be torn to shreds and he would probably leave on his own. Well, he'd probably want a little buyout, but not as much as firing him right now.

15. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I am so tired of Jeff Van Gundy botching rebounds, making stupid passes, missing open jumpers and letting anyone who wants to drive into the lane waltz in -that we out to fire him and get a coach who plays like he has the talent of Jordan and Hakeem combined.

Red Arbauch, Rudy T, Phil Jackson, Larry Brown combined couldn't play any worse than this bunch of scrubs.

The scrubs on this team make TMac look bad.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

we could use this guy right about now...

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i've always wanted a muscle man on my team. i think we should do this

get scott machado from the euroleague, offer him a fat contract
    then sign mike muscala to the mle

3 muscle men on one team! curry wouldnt dare shoot the ball

18. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I like this... :cool:

19. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member