1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach K wants to recruit Chen Jianghua

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ymc, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

The defender is giving Chen the "nut pinch".

2. lustdog

lustdog Member

woops, okay, i admit that i was a little over reacting. I just hate it when ppl say Yao is too soft, after his performance last season. I'm sorry if u feel being offended or sth. ONLY take my second half of the statement then.

3. ymc

ymc Member

4. kikimama

kikimama Member

I'm asian, but this thread... :(

that is all.

5. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

You are absolutely right! :eek: Come on Rockets, trade Yao for somebody who will block his own team mates' shots! :p

6. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

well the CBA has been known to cover up their talented players age so that they can keep them in the league........

7. Chuan

Chuan Member

Chen Jianghua = the yellow chocolate.

8. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

Chen Jianghua got mad hops! Those windmill dunks he did were off the hook!

9. william847

william847 Member

Chen Jiang Hua is an incredible player if you think in terms of asian leagues like CBA. He is good with his speed and court vision, but I don't think that he will be that effective in the NBA. There are a lot more expected of a point guard in the NBA, Chen Jiang Hua just don't have the physical ability to improve to that level, it will be very difficult for him to compete with other great guards.

10. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

First of all, sounds like you don't know what basketball is, so stop assuming. Second, Chen Jianghua would do just fine in the NBA. He has the speed and hops to burn past a lot of NBA players. All he needs to work on is his fundamentals (jump shot, passing, basketball IQ, etc).

11. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

So bascially you are saying he will have great success in track and field...

12. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

Haha, you're funny. Did I said anything about "track and field"? Come on now, don't be such a douche bag asking off topic questions. Thanks.

13. william847

william847 Member

You are right, his atheletism is great, especially is you think in terms of asian players. But I just don't think that he will succeed in the NBA. He has the potential no doubt, but because of his size and skinny build, he will be hurt a lot. I watch him in the ABCD camp, he got banged around too much. If he bulks up a bit, maybe.....but right now....I just don't see him as a successful NBA point guard.

14. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

That's a racist comment. I'm Asian and I'm 6'3", 215lbs, played some college football. Careful what you say. It's like saying black people can't score over 900 on the SAT.

15. ymc

ymc Member

Have any naysayers watched his games against the US team that is full of NBA stars? He did score couple baskets by driving to the hoops against the US team. I don't think there are many 17 yrs old who can claim that they did it. Plus, he also excelled in ABCD camp in 2005.

It is a stretch that he will be the next AI but based on how he played against NBA stars so far, I would have to conclude that he will do ok in the NBA.

Finally, can I say it again that he is only 17?

16. Chuan

Chuan Member

I think there are a lot of American high-schoolers who are like him...athletic tweeners who are the scoring 2-guard types at heart with no real PG IQ/skills.

But then again, if his age is true, he could develop into something special. Even if not NBA-caliber, someone better than Liu Wei would help the CNT tremendously in 2008.

17. william847

william847 Member

I am Asian too, Chinese infact. There would be nothing better for me than to see more asian players in the NBA cause I support the Rockets mainly because of Yao. I am just saying that, as a whole, asian's natural born atheletism is not as good as western people. I think that is a disadvantage, that is why very seldomly that asians excel in more physical sports (offcourse there are exceptions). By no means I am racist, I apologise if i did sound that way. I just feel that chen is too weak to actually succeed against nba players. I think that is the problem with the CNT backcourt as a whole. I dun think they can compete against more physical defenders, you just dun get that much in CBA. :D

18. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

Just cause you're a bookworm doesn't mean the rest of our race is the same as you. :D

19. kingkow

kingkow Member

some of Chan's highlights at the U18 asian champs

"Highlight" Dunk
    [​IMG]

Penetration "Vspan" style
    [​IMG]

From the right
    [​IMG]

From the left
    [​IMG]

Taken from hoopchina.com

20. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sOi-qBIKGB8"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sOi-qBIKGB8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Check out all the Chen highlights since joining the CNT.