1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach K wants to recruit Chen Jianghua

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ymc, Aug 7, 2006.

1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I think thetennisyao is referring to this article...

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2006-08-09/01272385898.shtml

Pure speculation at this point of time IMHO. Although the article presented a good reason behind. It said in order to ensure Yao got enough rest during the games, the Managament decided to leave the last spot in CNT for a backup center, Zhang SongTao. It also said that the decision was somewhat to protect the 2 youngsters, Chen and Xie, from being overwhlemed by media lately.

However, the article also stated that today (Aug 9) is the deadline of submission the roster list to FIBA hence I believe we would all know the actual outcome very soon.

It also mentioned that Chen's recent performance was recognized by the CBA management btw.

2. skywater

skywater Member

Wang is 29 ,not 27.

Yi is 21 ,not 22.

Yao is 26 and his age is definite.

Hospital? Funny~ :cool: Do you know why Chen failed to catch the 2nd Europe exhibitions last month? Do you know why Chen was left in Youth team for another year by his club last year? Do you know why Yi did not ask for early entry in Draft 2006?There are too many facts behind the stage in China and you fans only need to believe the "truth" what you favor.

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Only if he can ball.

#23 RocketForever, Aug 9, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  4. MFW

MFW Member

You are the only bullsh1t artist spreading these lies around.

Why did Chen not go to the European exhibitions last month? Well, China's Lithuanian coach explained very well around. It was because his late inclusion meant it was impossible for him and Xie Libin to obtain the visa to visit Europe. I'm guessing Kauzlukas is also part of China's web of lies right?

Put simply, you are full of ****.

5. skywater

skywater Member

You know nothing at all~ ;)

Chen got his last streetball champion in 2001. How could a 12 yrs old boy beat those players from high schools?Yes ,maybe in your dream which is full of XXXXX it would be true.

6. skywater

skywater Member

Chen is a nice guy and a young player with plenty of potential. I have been his fans for 3 years.

But you guys are just the shame to be called "Chen fans" for post those insulting sentences here.

7. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Maybe they got this lunar calendar vs solar calendar thing mixed up in China. Sometimes it would result in a difference of 2 years in a person's age, depending on which "version" one uses.

8. skywater

skywater Member

We just talk about solar calendar version.
    "the phenomenen of age " is halfly in the nude nowadays and it might be a part of chinese basketball system. You might ask why Yao's age is definete.The reason is that Yao is too special to be involved in that system.Yao is an extreme example for his height.

9. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Dude, by your own account Wang Zhizhi is two years older than his real age while Yi Jianlian should be a year younger. So what is that supposed to "reveal" about the friggin' pattern (aka the bad ass conspiracy)???

If anything, it's just the chaotic nature in some sections of Chinese sports.

Speaking of Yao Ming, after 4 years in NBA, many here in the U.S. still have trouble telling his family name and given name.

Spare us your "the phenomenen of age is halfly in the nude" crap. Save it for Brook Larmer, who's been looking for spicy new stuff to write about in China.

10. MFW

MFW Member

There is no difference between the lunar calendar and solar calendar that would generate such a difference. The 5 day a year difference over 17 years would mean at most 85 days. Even if you include Xu Sui, it still doesn't reach two years.

Furthermore, no, China no longer uses the lunar calendar in delivering birth certificates so there is no indication that this is the cause.

I believe what you are seeing is a wild dog spreading his lies.

11. MFW

MFW Member

Your most recent claims are as pathetic as your old claims.

1. Chen was 13 when he played in that tourney, unless you are suggesting that China plays such tournaments in winter
    2. Chen was trained PROFESSIONALLY
    3. He was PICKED to join the sports schools, which indicates he has talent to START WITH
    4. Chinese high schoolers AREN'T very talented to start with. In fact, most Chinese high schoolers haven't even stepped on a court due to the lack of such facilities even in Beijing and Shanghai. Even those that have need to share the courts with many others, stunting their growth. Sport schools are the only ones with enough facilities for players to hone their skills
    5. Streetball is completely different than organized ball. You need a lot less training to play streetball. Nor does it require a lot of physical strength. Postiing up and physical play is none existent in streetball tournaments
    6. Streetball usually ISN'T played one on one. The fact that some 16 to 18 year old can post Chen doesn't mean they can post up every other guy on the team

Your so called "evidence" is as good as Rummy's I know that you know that I know speech on whether Iraq has WMD's.

Let's analyse shall we? Your first pathetic claim was that Chen couldn't go to Europe because of his age. This is hilarious considering that he has already been abroad quite a few times, including the ABCD camp and junior level competitions.

Your claim that Guangdong Hongyuan left him in the junior as an evidence of his age is truly humourous as well. Could it be because he is ACTUALLY junior level age?

It's also funny on another level. When Chen first joined a professional team, like all Chinese jobseekers, he needs an ID card. When he travelled abroad, he needs a passport which shows his age. Hell, even if he goes to an internet bar to play games, they require ID. I suppose all his documents are forged as well?

Not to mention, let's say that he is an early bloomer and started showing extreme talent at age of 7 or 8. During that first 7 or 8 years, nobody, including to the doctors and nurses that delivered him, his relatives, his kindergarten classmates, neighbours, blah blah knows that his age is false when they announced it except you? That's just hilarious.

Last but not the least, I've seen many conspiracy theorists of your kind that bemoans the dirty laundry in the Chinese sports programs. You are about the 50th person on this board alone that made this claim. Know what the interesting thing is though? None of them EVER provided proof. Quite indicative I think.

12. skywater

skywater Member

You just misunderstanded my meaning. Those questions I wondered were not supposed to his ages but other facts about Chen, Guangdong club and CBA. And those fans can't get enough information about those facts for CBA would not allow journalists to report.

Another misunderstanding is that Wang's age. One had post a stupid thread that suggests Yao was 28 , Wang was 30,and Yi was 22. I just corrected that thread with their true age that Yao was born in 1980, Wang was born in 1977, and Yi was born in 1985. would you understand my points now?

Wang's age was uncovered 7 years ago when Mavs team pick Wang at 2nd round Draft. They got proof on Wang's true age from a Chinese whose name was Xia Song. So they had the right to draft Wang without Wang‘s early entry application. You should remember that Wang was only 20 as his public age that time he could not be drafted without early entry. But Xia Song helped Wang to be drafted and got to USA after 2 years in 2001. That was the truth and how could any chinese fans know the fact at that time? Only CBA officials and chinese army knew what happened. Now Wang was back and all the facts were not as sensitive as 7 years ago. 1977 or 1979, Who cares at this time?

Involving Yi and Chen, if they did have the ability and potential to be a NBA player, who cares their ages? Only those pesky fans would concern if the 17 year old miracle remains or not for their own peacockery.

I had emphasized several times that you guys could believe those "truth" you prefer and no need to care what I said.

13. skywater

skywater Member

Asking for evidence is really ridiculous because if one could provide evidence to the public, CBA would be punished by FIBA.

So you will find Wang' s official birthday printed (08/07/1979) in Stankovic Cup brochure and You won't be able to find Chen's complete birthday but birth year only.

14. skywater

skywater Member

What you mentioned about like ID card would not be a problem coz changing age was done by local officials, not the individuals. That's familiar in sino-football and sino-basketball , and not only China but in several Asian countries like Qatar.

If you guys were familiar with Sino-basketball news , you should remember that CBA published Guangdong youth team by cancel their champion of youth league for their serious age problems.

15. ymc

ymc Member

16. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

[​IMG]

According this picture from the article, Yao is still soft as hell. As a big man, you simply can't let any dribbler challenge you. When Chen goes up in front of you like that, you don't duck. Even it's your teammate, your instinct should force you to swap that crap into the 5th row.

I propose we trade Yao for Garnett.

17. lustdog

lustdog Member

Hell, cant you read pics? Yao is blocking the guy behind him, and let chen goes up to the basket.

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

First time I've seen this kid Chen and he can ball. Playing with the big dogs of the NBA at 17 and showing his package of crossovers, spin moves, 90 degree cuts and that speed. This kid looks to be the real deal, I hope Yao advises the kid on how best to prepare himself to get to the next level and the NBA.

19. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Learn, rookie, learn!

20. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Rookies without sarcasm detectors don't last long around here.