1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach A @ Starbucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TRIQSTER, Jun 18, 2007.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

this guy is actually my friend too and told me the same story. he works directly next to the toyota center and goes up to work super early to avoid the traffic and talk to his wife to be, who is overseas

2. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I do not want him here at all. People keep talking about talent, and I know that we are only 2 deep as far as major talent goes, but a volatile player when Mike James had already gotten under T-MAc's skin? Artest will be ten times worse, and he seems to get bored of his place after a year or so, creates some sort of distraction that ends up dismantling the team (Pacers, Kings) and gets himself traded for peanuts again.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The orignal post in this thread is crap and TRIQSTR is either gullible or a liar. But anyway, if one could get rid of trash for treasure the answer is yes.

4. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I think the purpose of this thread is to weed out the morons.

5. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I dont believe Coach would openly talk about specific individual players. Artest is not even a free agent.

6. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

The interest of Vspan for the Kings is genuine.

If you haven't noticed when Morey gets on to 610 he always talks about these 3 issues: Bonzi, Vspan, and the 26th pick. He's reiterated for the past two shows that Vspan has high value and this is what he's indirectly pointing it out to.

7. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Worst case scenerio if we get artest, we make a midseason trade if it doesnt work out. He and bonzi played together one season. and he has way more value than bonzi. i say its a win win, but thats what we said about bonzi

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Top 10? I completely disagree.

Here are at least 10 players better than Artest by a mile....and two of them are on the Rockets.

Yao
    Tmac
    Kobe
    KG
    Duncan
    Dirk
    Nash
    Amare
    Wade
    Lebron

And many many more.

Artest gets most of his plays with the ball in his hands off the dribble, I am not impressed with Ron, I think he is declining....

And he has not ever been nor will he ever be a PF.....

I don't care if we trade V-Span (well as long as we get better), I just don't want Artest, he is a cancer.....

DD

9. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

You guys know what he is saying thou man..

We all know Artest isn't near the top of this league. But he is really good and a definate upgrade to our roster if he has good behavior.

10. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

I lived in the Bay Area when Artest was in Sacramento, and the things that came-up to me didn't show he was a bad guy. Listen to the 911 tape of his wife, she has no credibility. She's going on about "he's taking my car" and then the officer says his name is on the title so it's both of theirs. Then, only after, she says "domestic violence" in a weird way.

And the dog thing, well, come-on he's on the road. Can't the wife feed the dog?

To me he left the house to get away, maybe that's some progress...

911 Call

She broke the windshield by throwing a plant at him and her hand is bleeding... how many people hit someone in the hand? If your hand is bleeding it's because you did the hitting usually...

#50 SmoothOperator, Jun 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I want Artest. I don't see how V-Span is a real sticking point. I understand wanting to get the right deal for him, but c'mon. He's got Rafer AND Mike James ahead of him in the rotation. He's THIRD STRING! I know the board loves its white bench players, but Spanoulis is NOT going to get close enough to even sniff the very IDEA of being the deciding factor in winning a playoff series! That's our goal, right? Winning a series? Who could help us? Spanoulis or Artest?! I realize that Artest is a significant risk, but I just. Don't. CARE. We all cried and moaned after the Utah series about how we just needed SO MUCH more talent... here's a chance to get some REAL talent. All-Star talent. And we're worried about a THIRD-STRINGER?! When's he supposed to play, when Rafer AND Mike James are tired? What's to stop him from just going back to Greece, and THEN what do we have for him?

As far as being "loaded" at the 2/3... We have no guarantees that Bonzi is coming back. And even if he does "come back," he's MORE of a risk than Artest. I mean, Bonzi has ALREADY screwed us, yet we seem so willing to forgive because he could help the team? And Artest, who's five times the player Bonzi is, doesn't get that same benefit of the doubt?

As for Battier... If we get Artest, he's part of the risk. We trade him for a power forward. We lost in the first round AGAIN. I say we go all in. Double or nothing! I don't want to be "kinda" better in October. We need TALENT. I want to be SIGNIFICANTLY better on paper than last season. I want to be EXCITED. Battier and Spanoulis aren't making me excited. The #26 doesn't excite anyone, nor should it. Artest? Yeah, THAT'S exciting. That's TALENT. Let's roll a seven, people!

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Artest wife is a crazy b****. She also has a record of domestic violence. What a couple? Artest has a good heart but anger tantrum. I think Artest black out sometimes when he acts.

13. ham

ham Member

And he can't play PF because...?

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

There isn't a stand alone Starbucks near Toyota Center.

They do have a Starbucks about four or five blocks away in another building, but might be quite a bit of a walk from that building to Toyota Center.

Most of the Starbucks in downtown is on the other side of downtown away from Toyota Center.

So I don't know...

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

For godsake were only giving up a bunch of scrubs for the best defender in the league. whats the holdup?. how can you be against that>?.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

did he just go up to him and start shooting the **** or what? i believe he saw adelman but for the new coach to give out that kind of information to just a random person seems very strange.

i'd love for it to be it true and for adelman to ultimately have his way and get artest but the whole thing seems a little shady.

17. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Let me tell you how you can tell a poster is full of s..t !!!! after they get bashed several times they never show back up on the post. Why in the hell would RA tell some stranger that information. I could see him saying "yeah Artest would be nice," but its unethical and unproffesional for him to say " but Morey won't let me do it !!" This would never happen...Read his username !! Trixster....what else needs to be said.......

18. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

I've read crazier insider stories on here. This is before many other's time here but the Steve Francis trade that brought him here ranks up there pretty high.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Man... and I thought the Christies were weird.

20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

"Though Adelman kept what he was looking for close to vest, I did catch him on the radio on my drive home talking about wanting more "3-4 types", which was the most I heard him reveal publically. The draft next month, where the Rockets pick #26, will be a fun start to the offseason. "

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1402/adelman_press_conference_breakdown/