1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CNNSI - Marty Burns] Rockets are Contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 3814, Nov 7, 2006.

1. TracyMcCrazyeye

huh?? :confused: :confused:

2. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

We had pretty much 0 fastbreaks the last two games. I just don't think Rox practices fast breaks enough. Everytime we had fast breaks, the players seem lost and as you know, a small hesitation is enough for the other teams to catch up.
    :mad: :mad:

3. Rockets kupo

Rockets kupo Member

check out mike james stat line againest the lakers

4-14 shooting

4 AST

3 TO

and crucial miss at the end of the game.

oh i love how he can create his own shot. and miss it.

4. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

ppl just being too extreme about things.. and asses too =)

5. deshen

deshen Member

disagree on that.

6. johnrox

johnrox Member

ummm, this is just weird, everytime rafer comes up, someone has to bring in james as well.... i wouldn't be surprised to see this until the end of the year in EVERy freaking thread about rafer or something remotely about him.

there are a lot of arm chair gm's in here. if you don't like what the rockets did, move along and watch minnesota because they were the ones to show your boy the love.

if this was a perfect world, all of us would want a monster with nas's skills and allen's shot. but, mike james is not coming back to houston.

i would sure like to see everyone here how THEY would build the rpockets up, how THEY have the answers. plz

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Fixed.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. slacker84

slacker84 New Member

When i was in LA last year, i saw Kwame's defense up front. He's strangely effective on the low blocks as a defender. He does do a pretty good job, even on Yao, so the lakers do have a chance of knocking out the Rockets with Kobe catching on fire, a brilliant coach in Phil Jackson and Kwame's decent defense. But I sill think the Rockets can go all the way, as long as T-Mac gets his shot back and keeps his back from flaring up. Yao stays dominant and out of foul trouble, Rafer hitting his shots and running the offense he's doing now, bonzi getting into shape and staying happy...rockets look good IF all that stays true...which i think is very likely to occur...

10. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I watched two Rox games this season, the opener against Jazz and yesterdays' game. From what I saw, Rafer Alston improves a little bit from last season, although not much. I still think he is a bottom line starter and it will be better bring him from the bench.

I don't really understand why so many ppl insist he is a good PG. I think his best year was when he played for the Heat and came from bench. He hasn't really done much since. His shooting and defense are below average and he was destroyed by Mike James the last time these two met. But ppl still believe what they believe. I don't really care. Time will tell everything.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

James is 7-18 after last night - 38.9%.

12. johnrox

johnrox Member

but rafer is the point guard of the rockets, whether any of us like it or not. if they feel fit to keep him in there in that position, who are the joe shmoes of the world fit to tell them how to run their team?

this is getting OLD. comparing rafer to james is not going to get anyone anywhere. last time i checked he is playing with minnesota, and he ain't coming to houston. does rafer play mike james 82 games?

you believe what you ant to, and that is having james on this team, but man LET IT GO. time to move on.

talk about rafer, but PLZ, mike James is OLD news

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You know what, with people's obsession about the James vs Alston thing, someone please start a running thread comparing the two players' performance throughout the season. :p

I never understand why people would hate on a player simply because he replaced a beloved player in a trade. Hate Alston because we should have had James. Hate Battier because we should have had Gay. Hate Padgett because he takes away Novak's PT. Hate T-Mac because we traded away Francis for him (yeah, you know who ;) ). . .

Even if all those were bad trades, did Alston ask for replacing James? Did Battier ask for replacing Gay?

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Finally, a good analysis.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Good Analysis...It's true, we have the potential, its just JVG has to put it all together...I believe...

16. johnrox

johnrox Member

and then what? shut the rafer ones up or shut the james ones up? if you love mike james watch twolves.

who cares how mike james would have done this or that for the rox, he is not going to play for the rockets.

the only people who care are the ones in here who have to find ways to stroke their egos by being right one way or another. egos aside, rockets are going to play games with rafer in the near future, and if those who can't stand it, don't watch the games.

at this point, right or wrong, live with it, move on, you will be a much happier person if you can let go.

17. kjames44

kjames44 Member

Mike James is a shoot first PG with a scorers mentality...as the season goes on MJ would drive this team crazy. Did he ever have any assist a few years ago? Maybe one or two during the second half of the season that he was with us. I loved his instant offense back then when it was needed...this team needs a true 1 that is a playmaker and can also make shots...in that order. It's Skips job and there's nobody on that roster that is better than him running the team at the 1 so let's move forward and kill this Mike James crap....