1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN's Home Page Right Now

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Aug 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just goes to show what sort of bubble they live in. They think there is bias even when there is not. It's programmed in them.

Great, you would make a good dictator in your ability to vilify the press and suppress it. Although I must say I think you would be overthrown in about 7 hours once taking power given what you've demonstrated so far.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

delete and moved

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

It's like two different authors can have differing opinions on events. Who knew?

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do not think that comparison means what you think it means. (Another Inigo Montoya moment here.)

This definitely demonstrates the skill, ability, and competence of the two campaigns in selling their narratives and seeding information about their candidates.

The Melania piece reads like a contributor piece with a bone to pick with Trump. The Clinton piece reads like someone who was informed of the symbolic meaning of Clinton's wardrobe, which we know is managed by a fashion designer/editor.

From what I can tell, these are two different publications. The one on the left looks like the New York Times. However, the story seems to have made media rounds as per a google search for "why Hillary wore white". (Again insinuating the Clinton campaign is well- organized in spreading their message.) But the source I could find for the image on the right is Philly.com. It is a bit disingenuous to juxtapose them without citation as if to imply a single media company is biased in their reporting.

There would be a legitimate point if both articles were in the NYT and especially if both were by the same writer. Here it is just to stories from two media outlets. Perhaps the Trump campaign should have organized to discuss the symbolic meaning of Melania's dress? Ivanka had no problem spreading a message about her own.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, they are merely reporting what Trump said, and people's reaction to it.

But if it makes you feel better to cry about the media then go ahead.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Donald Trump whines and cries about the debate schedule and supporters constantly whine?

Bunch of p*****s honestly.

1 person likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Clinton runs a vast world wide network of assassins. Clinton is literally the devil. Trump is our only hope.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The funniest thing about his whining is his supporters think he's going to bring the end of "PC Culture" and he's the most easily offended politician I've ever seen.

He's about as PC as it gets.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly, the irony pretty much leads one to step back for a second because it's so obvious. And then you don't say anything because you can't understand how people are still oblivious to it...

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

[​IMG]

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

donald trump needs no help in creating a negative perception of himself.

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Never forget. I created a thread stating CNN's Obvious negative biased toward Trump with proof. An hour later Trump tweets my exact thoughts on CNN. Great minds think alike.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, Poor Donald.

I posted this in the other thread, but maybe it belongs in here.

Trump is the most picked upon person in the world.

According to Trump and his staff...

The media picks on Trump constantly.
    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-07-01/donald-trumps-campaign-against-the-media
    Of course there are many more examples of this.

The poor guy was attacked by other candidates for the Republican nomination.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...se-of-sexist-heidi-cruz-attack-stuns-cnn.html

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/politics/best-quotes-republican-debate-detroit/

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-chris-christie-muslim-immigration-bridgegate-2015-12
    And of course there's more instances of Trump claiming he's a victim by the other candidates as well.

Trump complains about Khan family attacking him.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/polit...icans-rebuke-donald-1470058389-htmlstory.html

Now Trump has been attacked by the Fire Marshall
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...rado-springs-brett-lacey-civilian-of-the-year

Poor Donald. He surely must be the biggest victim in this nation!

Either that or he's just the biggest whiner.

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

May I pass along my congratulations for your great imbecilic breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Trump campaign you will be duly enshrined.

-Lord John Whorfin

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The only people who call it that are fully grown psychopaths who make pre-schooler markups on a single screen shot.

By your logic in the '40s the UPI and AFP would have been called the Churchill News Network, because of all the bad stories about Hitler and Mussolini.

Honestly the extent to which you goofballs try to make white conservatives some kind of ethnic group, and equate unfavorable reporting with discrimination and persecution, is profoundly pathetic.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The backlash has already started. In case you haven't figured out yet the backlash is Trump.

19. TheresTheDagger

2 thoughts:

1. Trump has had a horrible week...primarily self inflicted. With close to 100 days till the election and debates ahead...its unclear if this will do lasting damage. I personally think it can't get much worse with the Khan family, but oddly, I think it can get better. After awhile, it seems like piling on as the story gets old. But we shall see.

2. CNN is absolutely in the tank for Clinton. The Wikileaks dump proved that. The CNN page screenshot here is nothing new...although even for CNN, that's a bit over the top.

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

The biggest threat and the worst enemy to Trump is...

Trump...

Old saying... if you leave a snake in a hole by it self, it will end up biting it self.

T_Man