1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN's Home Page Right Now

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Aug 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Here's a book you might find useful...

[​IMG]

Here's what his colleagues think of him...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8XOocb-DId4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All Trump news should be positive and praise our dear leader!

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Hillary Clinton gets criticized by so many people but Mark Cuban's thoughts on Trump is more important and needs coverage.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

At this point if you still deny CNN's biased then you're a real sheep.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You don't get it. You simply don't get it, you immature, pathetic creature. Donald Trump has showed himself for what he is, something foreign to the vast majority of Americans. A man willing to vilify the family who's son made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation, and to do it on the alter of politics. Some things go beyond politics, but you wouldn't understand that, chump. You are too busy doing what your hero is doing - making a complete and utter fool of yourself before the world.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Fox News website has had a Clinton's email, Clinton Foundation, a Clinton friend in trouble or Benghazi story in their headlines EVERY DAY for a year and a half.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Of course he doesn't get it. He's paid not to.

1 person likes this.
  8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Unbelievable! Are you going really tell me CNN is not biased against Trump? WTF

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You know there are tools in Paint to draw straight lines, right?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see the big deal.....I mean, it's no surprise that almost no one likes Trump even among Republicans and he has almost no support from non-Republican conservatives so of course there's going to be articles about that.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do you struggle with English? I'm calling you out for being a blind, deaf, and dumb fool, you ignoramus. A willing pawn of an egomaniac who cares for nothing but himself. He doesn't care about our country. He doesn't care about you. Donald Trump cares only for DONALD TRUMP.

12. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CNN now as this story as the lead on their homepage:

First on CNN: Top Jeb Bush adviser leaves GOP, will vote for Clinton if Florida close

Bradshaw, who's been close to the former Florida governor for decades and was senior adviser to his 2016 campaign, officially switched her registration to unaffiliated. She told CNN's Jamie Gangel in an email interview that the GOP is "at a crossroads and have nominated a total narcissist -- a misogynist -- a bigot."

The departure from the Republican Party of a Bush loyalist -- Bradshaw began her career working for George H.W. Bush's 1988 campaign -- is the latest sign of an influential and respected member of the GOP establishment turning against Trump.

"This election cycle is a test," Bradshaw said. "As much as I don't want another four years of (President Barack) Obama's policies, I can't look my children in the eye and tell them I voted for Donald Trump. I can't tell them to love their neighbor and treat others the way they wanted to be treated, and then vote for Donald Trump. I won't do it."

Her decision comes amid controversy over Trump's criticism of the family of an Muslim-American soldier killed in action in Iraq in 2004. Bradshaw called that remark "despicable," saying it "made me sick to my stomach."

"Donald Trump belittled a woman who gave birth to a son who died fighting for the United States. If anything, that reinforced my decision to become an independent voter," she said. "Every family who loses a loved one in service to our country or who has a family member who serves in the military should be honored, regardless of their political views. Vets and their family have more than earned the right to those views. Someone with the temperament to be president would understand and respect that."

Bradshaw said the latest incident reinforced how she was feeling about the decision she's long weighed.
    "I've been considering the switch for months. Ultimately, I could not abide the hateful rhetoric of Donald Trump and his complete lack of principles and conservative philosophy," she said. "I didn't make this decision lightly -- I have worked hard to make our party a place where all would feel welcome. But Trump has taken the GOP in another direction, and too many Republicans are standing by and looking the other way."
    Bradshaw said she hasn't yet decided who she'll vote for -- though "it obviously won't be Trump. I haven't made a decision yet between Clinton, Gary Johnson or writing in a candidate."

"If the race in Florida is close, I will vote for Hillary Clinton," she said. "That is a very difficult statement for me to make. I disagree with her on several important issues. I have worked to elect Republicans to national and statewide offices for the last 30 years. I have never voted for a Democrat for president, and I consider myself a conservative, a supporter of limited government, gun rights, free enterprise, equality of opportunity. I am pro-life. There are no other candidates who were serious contenders for the nomination that I would not have supported.
    "But," she said, "we are at a crossroads and have nominated a total narcissist -- a misogynist -- a bigot. This is a time when country has to take priority over political parties. Donald Trump cannot be elected president."
    "I really fault the candidates who did not speak out against Trump until the end of the primary cycle. Lindsay Graham and Jeb Bush spoke out early and consistently -- but most did not, fearful of offending that segment of the party or positioning themselves for future office," she said in her email.

Bradshaw said she sees voting against Trump as "the only real choice for reasonable, thoughtful Republicans to make."

"Our president must represent what is good about America -- a belief in opportunity for all -- regardless of race and gender and background -- to rise up and live the American dream," she said. "A president can't tear down Hispanics, or mock someone who is disabled, or use symbols in campaign literature that Jewish voters understandably find offensive. To continue to be the hope of the world, all Americans regardless of party affiliation have to reject him."

She added: "If and when the party regains its sanity, I'll be ready to return. But until Republicans send a message to party leadership that this cannot stand, nothing will ever change."

------

This is what principle looks like.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Hello

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">People believe CNN these days almost as little as they believe Hillary....that's really saying something!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/760185303483187201">August 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. JeffB

Supporting Member

No where near as similar, unfortunately.

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

ha Trump basically just said everything I've posted in this thread.

19. JeffB

Supporting Member

Ummm.... As Inigo Montoya might point out: I'm not sure that association means what you think it means.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What a coincidence.

1 person likes this.