1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN censors CNN Sucks chant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Jun 19, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You really don't have any consistent thought do you?

You were referring to tv ratings. You were claiming how CNN sucks based on the standpoint in ratings. Last I checked, Fox News is doing quite well with ratings. So that criticsm wouldn't apply to Fox News and any casual reader would assume when you are ******** on CNN for ratings, you are implying that Fox News is doing something right when in reality it's just old people prefer conventional tv news.

If you want to make generalizations about old vs young people, then I can just as easily attribute older people being more prone to supporting Trump and the GOP blindly because of scientific studies that show cognitive decline of the elderly, the elderly being more prone to propaganda etc.

Also, the elderly tend to be more religious which means they attend church more often. Especially in the Bible Belt, these churches often can be GOP talking point mouth pieces.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's actually probably a mix of everything we've put forward. I don't really know what the point of this argument is. CNN AND FOX News both suck which is my main assertion. They are losing ratings yes. Part of it IMO is because they suck. I didn't say it's the only reason.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is actually a true story. The mainstream media is faced with a large conundrum with Trump coverage, but I would say his rallies are not going to get you mainstream level ratings though anymore. I know I would turn the channel myself because there’s nothing new and nothing of substance to see. The same could be said about his Tweets. It’s old news. Cover Trump scandals for ratings but they are dumb to cover such events that mean so little to the actual news of the day.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#25 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  6. WNBA

WNBA Member

CNN sucks internationally and historically. CNN is all time suck but it served as a US propaganda tool, we cannot blame them much.

FOX is not even a media. It is a sucking machine. At most it served as a Trump propaganda tool, which should stay only in toilets.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

While we are on the subject of Trumps rallies, can I take two seconds to remind you Trumpers who don’t want to admit it, that just a few months ago, a Trump supporter, radicalized at these rallies, sent Freaking pipe bombs to leading Democrats???

Open your eyes Trump voters. These rallies are not healthy to our country in any way, and CNN should not in any scenario cover these rallies live. Trump voters with any decency should not attend these or promote them themselves even if they do NOT want to vote for a Democrat in 2020.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Independent voter here.

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...0-campaign-launch-rally-in-orlando/vi-AAD3ZoF

https://thefederalist.com/2018/05/11/black-support-trump-rising-danger-zone-democrats/
    Many African Americans are waking up.

#29 mick fry, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    dachuda86 likes this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Point stands: CNN Sucks. I agree with the Trump crowd on this one and it is refreshing to see people call it out. I never thought I'd see the day where the Republican side had more brains than the Democrat side, but those days are upon us. Does not conforming to your far left weirdo politics offend you? I'm not sorry.

mick fry likes this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Don't expect anything but hate to this video here friend. These people here will call blacks who dare to think for themselves Uncle Toms because they are addicted to false promises from the DNC like reparations and more nonsense like that. It's sad but this is what happens when intellectuals in a community began to speak up. They are ALWAYS labeled heretics. I'll never forget that video of the black woman sending her young child on the street with a suitcase for saying he liked Trump.

mick fry likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Dems will roll out reparations in a desperate attempt to shore up black voters. This is a "trump" card they've been holding for awhile now. But it won't work. They know they are losing support to Trump day by day, as they push Biden who authored the tough on crime bill, while Trump is pro criminal justice reform. Trump's also bringing jobs and black unemployment is the lowest it's ever been. The dude is not some horrible KKK racist like people want to make him out to be. He is an urbane business cutthroat from New York City. Black people are not stupid, and they are waking up to the game the Dems play. The Dems are insulting the black community by thinking they are dumb enough to fall for the reparations ploy. How insulting can you be to dangle free money out there and assume the black community is for sale and stupid enough to fall for it. Shame on the racist democrats.

mick fry likes this.
  14. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

African American voters are leaving the democrats for Trump? Seriously? Link?

There are definitely corners of the country where democrat politicians take the african American vote for granted, they wave about some rhetoric and don't do much when in office. But there are a lot of democrat politicians fighting hard to improve life for african Americans. Trump is racist and uses racist dog whistles to whip up his base.

I'm sure there are a few exceptional exceptions and you can go find them on youtube and post them here, but that's anecdotal. Some actual polling would be in order if you want to provide evidence of the above statement.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's clear as day if the Dems are rolling out reparations. This is a desperation move and that right there tells you all you need to know. They know they need to hold onto it because Trump is a boon to the black community. Period.

mick fry likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

How? What explicitly had he done?

Are you going to tout black unemployment? If you are and are going to base success on a metric that is mainly a result of natural boom and bust cycles in our economy, then why would anyone give credit for the messily 2% drop in black unemployment under Trump when it dropped by 15% under Obama after after the crash?

I mean do you believe the largest economy on the planet has the property of intertia?

Btw, im not even going to give credit for the 15% under Obama. He didn't do anything unique that Romney wouldn't do. Our economy goes through cycles. The president has very limited control and can only really **** it up by pumping up the market artificially with tax cuts and demanding low interest rates which just creates a larger bubble with a larger burst at the end.

#36 fchowd0311, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Polling will not give the actual numbers because too many know they will be shamed for thinking for themselves and breaking rank. BTW Polls had Hillary winning in a landslide.

dachuda86 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

So all you have is wishful thinking and anecodotes?

19. Nolen

What would be clear as day would be polling that shows a trend of african American voters leaving the democratic party for Trump. If it's true, it won't be hard for you to find it.
    Presidential candidates like Bernie who have polled poorly with AA voters in the past are shoring up support in what is an important demographic in a national election. That's the cynical explanation. There are less cynical explanations, such as the idea of reparations gaining legitimacy on the left in general.
    This is baffling. How is this true?

20. Nolen

There are numerous polls that are anonymous. There are also other ways to measure demographic shifts in voting preference besides direct polling. I propose that if one insists there's a shift, one should present data, or try.
    Not really. Most 'models' pushed by various publications were taking the available polling data (which was no more or less accurate than previous elections) and cooked their own algorithmic take on that data. Most models relied heavily on the popular vote, because it's very hard to lose the popular vote and win the EC. Most polls had Hillary winning the popular vote by 3-5 points - and she won by 3.
    The state and national polling wasn't any better or worse by standard deviation than other elections. Fivethirtyeight had Trump with like a 30% chance of winning. (Silver also published a breakdown on how Hillary's 'blue wall' was not safe weeks before the election.)

To repeat: The 2016 polls weren't any better or worse than any other year. Because the polls (correctly) predicted a popular win for Hillary nationwide, most algorithmic models also predicted an EC win for her. Trumps' popular vote loss combined with his incredibly narrow EC victory eked out with 80k votes in 3 states is not inconsistent with data predicting his loss overall.

Conservatives should embrace the use of data and facts when discussing public policy, instead of disparaging it.

fchowd0311 likes this.