1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN, caught in a leaked video, FAKING a muslim protest against the London Bridge Attack.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by kingdragon22, Jun 6, 2017.

1. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

AntiSonic and kingdragon22 like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

What a shocker... Snopes calls this:

[​IMG]
    false.

CNN Staged Muslim Protests After London Attack?
    http://www.snopes.com/cnn-muslim-protests-london/

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe but still wasnt very organic. Snopes will always lean left when in doubt.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

lol OP is going to need a few hours to dig himself out of this one. That's the most standard msm news segment I've ever seen, if he thinks this is "staged" wtf is he watching the news on tv for?

6. NewRoxFan

LOL... seems that the facts and truth are often left-leaning. Seriously, when folks like Mike Cernovich (self-described "new right") and Sean Hannity jump on a story like this, any other analysis has to appear "left-leaning."

But honestly, you have to ask yourself "is this is the best thing I can latch on to at a time when terrorists are attacking cities and the US president is being accused of dealings with Russia?"

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

God this is what the Right is concerned about? Not climate change, not Syrian civil war, not health care, not tax reform, etc.

But they are concerned with police letting protestors through a cordon so they can be shown on TV rather than "it being filmed organically".

What is this ... the National Geographic channel where we need to film animals in their natural habitat or something? There is no way to prove they aren't Muslim, and that they weren't originally there to protest so what are you trying to prove to us by showing CNN setting up a news segment that pulls them beyond a police barrier and sets up and camera shot so the anchor can shoot a segment in a controlled fashion.

Good grief you guys must be bored.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Are you talking to me? I haven't latched on to this. I made an observation. Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia. Better?

9. NewRoxFan

Actually, the "you" was intended towards anyone that latches on. Like the OP, or RocketLegend who posted it in the London thread (and somewhere else I believe). So my apologies if in your observation you are not pushing the "CNN making up a story to make Muslims appear sympathetic" fable being pushed by the Trump supporters here.

But... if you in any way make an equivalence between this made up and disproven controversy and the Russia story (at the very least they have been proven to have attempted to hack the 2016 election; and there are so many proven stories of Russian interaction with Trump people that you can't simply "poo poo" the growing possibility of collusion), well, perhaps I am talking to you...

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Isn't this a funny way of saying that Snopes is not a reliable conservative voice.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree about Snopes, but even if that was true, it isn't relevant for this one because there is no doubt.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, this is a non-story but one could consider this staging....

But nothing suggested that CNN “staged” the demonstrations to any extent greater than engaging protesters, directing their positions, and asking them questions as part of a news segment.

CNN has been a joke for awhile but this story doesnt move the needle either way.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

I think your interpretation of 'staging" is different from what others interpret... "Staging" meaning they hired a few extras,dressed them up and gave them lines to read" versus "hey, you protesters, stand over there so we can get you all in the picture" .

And your last sentence suggests that you are always going to believe whatever some right-wing source tells you in criticism of CNN. Even when its proven wrong.

DFWRocket likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't actually approve of what CNN did here. It wasn't news as it was happening, and they tried to present it as if it was, I believe. It's not the kind of journalism with which I regard highly. I also agree that this story doesn't move the needle either way. The only thing about it is that it isn't fake news, and they weren't really caught doing anything.

Astrodome likes this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This is exactly what I was saying. I am not trying to imply that either inrepretation is better just merely pointing it out.

And no sir, I will believe CNN on occasion. I am less right wing than you think.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I kept watching that video and hoping there was more to it. When it was over, I was like "that's it?"

Saying this protest was staged is kind of like saying the NBA Finals were staged because there was a leaked video of a referee bouncing a ball before the opening jump ball.

DFWRocket likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Wait until you guys see my video where people are selling baby parts. TELLING.

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

It amazes me what people DON'T know about television. This is not fake news..it's not a "staged protest". It is moving existing people around to get a better-looking shot for TV. It's done all the time by everybody in news. As long as they're not hiring actors to pretend to be protesters, it's not a concern.

People on the right calling this fake is about as dumb as people on the left calling Fox News racists because some small-town fox affiliate misspelled Obama as Osama on a graphic once (while ignoring it when CNN did the exact same thing)

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Facts are simple and facts are straight
    Facts are lazy and facts are late
    Facts all come with points of view
    Facts don't do what I want them to
    Facts just twist the truth around
    Facts are living turned inside out
    Facts are getting the best of them
    Facts are nothing on the face of things
    Facts don't stain the furniture
    Facts go out and slam the door