1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clyde Drexler Commentary is Unbearable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Oct 13, 2007.

1. longbow111

longbow111 Member

That claim is quite true according to my own obsevation.

2. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Clyde Drexler couldn't even carry Madden's Man's bra when it comes to color commentating!

3. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

You're trying too hard...

4. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

les and clyde enjoy being with each other...les loves to lap up to clyde's fame and clyde loves les' money.

5. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Yeah I know, McCarver's analysis is pitiful. He says garbage just to take up air time.

As for Les and Clyde; did Les have coffee with Clyde, and Clyde was a principle reason why we hired Adelman?

6. Trip

Trip Member

Haha my favorite quote from the game Panathainakos.

Clyde: This is a good basketball team. Bill, help me with the pronounciation here...
    Bill: (silence)
    Clyde: Pana...that's good enough (chuckles)
    Bill: (silence)

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bill is OK and I don't mind him. Clyde is awful and subtracts from the broadcast sometimes. Bull is OK and is better than Clyde. I lost all sentimentality with Clyde with his UofH coaching debacle and haven't felt the same about him since. If Bull had some charisma, he would be pretty good.

The bottom line is I can grade a Rockets broadcast by how many times I want to say "Clyde, just shut up". Sometimes you can get so much into analyzing what's going on in the game that it's like Clyde isn't even there. Then (unfortunately) sometime in the 3rd or 4th quarter he'll say something to remind you he's there.

In all fairness, Clyde will sometimes say stuff that adds to watching the game. But when there is nothing to say he should learn to keep quiet instead of saying something silly.

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Hahahah I noticed this A LOT. Clyde would always ask Bill to pronounce it or make joke about how he can't pronounce it and Bill acts like there's nobody in the room.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Listening to Clyde makes me respect his career as a NBA player even more. The guy was Jordan-lite and apparently has absolutely no understanding of the game.

10. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Man I hope not. If Clyde was the primary reason why we got our new coach then Les doesn't know jack squat about basketball.. and I think our owner knows better. I think Les already made the decision and just wanted more input from a former player of Adelman.

11. mizike

mizike Member

clyde is doing his job. pro sports owners hire broadcasters to help sell their team. even if the team is playing like a jv girls squad, its the broadcasters job to find something good to talk about and manage to still make it seem like everything is ok. a good example is when alan ashby got canned by the astros. i thouht he was a great color guy but he through the team under the bus one too many times and drayton replaced him with two hyper active astro promoting goons. granted. clyde stumbles and mumbles his way along while doing it, but hes not that bad.

12. Fuse

Fuse Member

He's right... Lebron and Wade travels all the time.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

And don't forget that according to Utah fans Hakeem "Walked Like a Nigerian."

14. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Huh?? They said that? What the hell does that supposed to mean? The same Hakeem that gave us 2 championships while he walked all over the Spazz in 94-96? They're just bitter because our superstar can bring us to the promised land while theirs can only give cute little bear hugs.

15. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

and clyde was the person les leaned on with regard to hiring adelman.

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

calm down man...nothing to get heated over..."Walk like an Egyptian"

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This happened during the playoffs back 95 in when we faced (and lost to) Utah. The song "Walk Like an Egyptian" was changed into "Walk Like a Nigerian" because the Jazz claimed that Hakeem traveled when he made his moves in the post.

It was the first time I remember hating the Jazz and the entire state of Utah with every fiber of my being.

18. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Clyde was just simply loud with funny words! :D Clyde please enroll to a nearest school for journalism before you take a TV commentator position. But other than that he is just plain funny! ;)

19. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

His dancing >> his commentary.

Nuff said.. :rolleyes:

D R

20. Bob

Bob Member

We need to help him get promoted to network television to work with Bill Walton. Or would that be overkill?