1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clyde Drexler Commentary is Unbearable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Im still waiting for Rafer to make an all star team like he says

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

haha same with Vassili

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

His final answer?! :D

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

There is nothing wrong with point 1. It's just a nickname that has a history behind it. It doesn't really mean the same thing anymore, but it doesn't matter.

Point 3 might very well be true... It's probably a little early to be saying it, but hell, if Clyde - a critical member of our '95 championship team - is saying it, what right do any of us have to doubt it?

With all that said... yes, Clyde is pretty bad.

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Well I have to hear the commentary in chinese so I would be very happy to hear Bill and Clyde talking about the players & the game. Just be grateful for what we have, especially now, I am sorry to say, thatCalvin has put his foot in his mouth and spoiled all his chances of getting back to work with Bill! :p

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Bottomline, Clyde is entertaining. His remarks are so predictable, yet off the wall, that I actually enjoy him. My favorite is "nothing but net," after the ball bounces around for ten seconds. Classic.

7. Risto

Risto Member

I like bull's commentary.. He gives some good info about basketball..

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I never really was that big on Calvin until he left and we're stuck with what we have now. However now I'm starting to get upset that Calvin had to be stupid and get in trouble and now he can't come back. Looking back, he was a hell of a lot more up tempo and exciting than Clyde and who could forget his shiny little suits.

9. Trip

Trip Member

Haha I was just watching the Panathaikos broadcast and I was thinking to myself that Clyde was bad. Then I come on here and see this.

10. pli777

pli777 Member

LOL, gosh, everyone hates Clyde.

I, for one find his commentating strangely entertaining. Stupidity can be relaxing at times.

11. yobod

yobod Member

"european basketball has come a long way since the dream team in 92 bill, what was that, 17 years ago" *silence from bill*

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand all the complaints about Drexler, and I don't disagree about him saying some things that don't really make sense.

But I think with Clyde I just don't mind. He seems like a likable person, and he's occasionally pretty funny with his commentary. His comment about getting kicked in the jewels was one of my favorite comments by any announcer ever.

So in the end I don't mind it. It's not like when Calvin and Bill were there, but I don't have a hard time overlooking Clyde's bizarre comments. If I was really searching for things to complain about in life and even with the Rockets, Clyde's comments would be very far down on the list.

13. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

14. clapnrobem

clapnrobem Member

Is this board full of whining b*tches or what? Can we not just be happy for once?
    [​IMG]

15. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

yeah clyde is getting in john madden area on the horrible commentating radar...could you imagine them pairing up..different sports i know...but damn that would be hilarious...

me and my brother would just sit last season and listen to clyde and laugh the whole game...

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I hate it when I feel embarassed for him. He tries to be really upbeat about everything but it gets annoying fast.

17. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

Man I feel bad for the guy now.

I don't think he knows about clutchfans...let alone the internet.

aww I contributed to the Clyde commentary hate :(

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Nothin but net

19. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

hes les' boy and is going nowhere. this isnt about what is best for rockets' fans, it's what les is willing to do to be loved by a hall of fame player

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I enjoy when Clyde and Bill get off topic and discuss the Power Dancers for several minutes. At first I'm amused that they are actually acknowledging the girls and how hot they are but after a few comments it just turns into two old men gawking at 19 year old girls while on Houston television.