1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clyde Drexler Commentary is Unbearable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Oct 13, 2007.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Well he was a d-league allstar... I LOLed at that comment and Bill's response too.

2. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

Bill answering..... an all star??? was epic.

3. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

LOL anyone watching the postgame show??

4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Def watching the post game ... Still thinking I imagined Clyde saying Canaan was an all star... :eek:

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure Clyde repeated, word-for-word, a joke Bull made about Francisco, Jerry, and Sergio Garcia 30 seconds after Bull said it.

6. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

In addition to this, he just obviously does not follow the NBA at all. When some random player makes a midrange shot, Clyde will typically drop some wonderfully insightful comment like "That's what he does, that's his game" even if that player is actually poor at shooting from there. A sample size of one is enough for Clyde to declare that someone is great or terrible at something. He's probably the dumbest commentator in the league.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think Clyde is a bit worried about his status with the broadcast, now that the network has changed. As a result, he's nervous and trying too hard, becoming even worse than he was before. I didn't think that was possible.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

82 games a year plus playoffs for a decade, what are you going to say that you haven't said 1000 times? I've spent so many hours with him Calvin and Bill it's like sitting around with family. I listen but I don't really listen, it's just the comfortable atmosphere I live in. I guess Clyde would be like like my Gramps, lovable for being so predictable and campy. And you have to respect that he rarely says anything negative.... "always .. be .. positive"

Doesn't he also narrate some popular basketball video game?

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I find that Drexler can be pretty negative.

He even said Canaan should have dunked it at one point.

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Clyde provides (unintentional) comic relief to the broadcast. The guy is unfortunately so easy to laugh at.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I like the family analogy. There's always someone in the family you find annoying. But at the end of the day, you are glad that you have a family and even the annoying ones give you comfort in a collective way.

Hey, this is Thanksgiving season. Cheers to family. :grin:

12. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

youre awkward and thats entirely your fault
    relax and learn to appreciate great humor...

bill bull and clyde are amongst the best announcers in all of the sports.ever.period.