1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch's makes trade for new EGO? Proof is in the picture?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Feb 4, 2013.

1. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

For whatever reason, I feel Cousin may very well be ended up in OKC. They still have our assets aside from Kmart, and those are almost equivalent to 4 first round picks. I doubt any team would offer more than OKC is capable of if Cousin is moved before Thursday. I think the Tornoto pick + filler would seal the deal beautifully.

2. ahhh

ahhh Member

OKC is in very good shape, I don't see any West teams overtaking them for a very long time. Martin's expiring will give them flexibility come next season as well.

3. mario_v

mario_v Member

As much as I would love to see Morey make a blockbuster trade this deadline, it would be wise to wait until the offseason. No need to trade any of our key players for guys that would most likely come here as a free agent.

4. rocketsmetalspd

The team will still need to make room for FA when signed and get rid of key players either way.

5. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Yes, but their goal is not flexibility but title. Also Cousins will still be on rookie contract next season. They need inside presence to beat Miami. I hope they don't, because if Cousins pan out for them the rest of the league will be screwed for the next decade.

6. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I don't think Cousins is a good fit for OKC; nor is OKC a good fit for Cousins. Cousins will want to go someplace where he can flourish and soon after be offered the max. OKC can't do that for him. Plus he could potentially mess up their locker room.

7. tharges

tharges Member

I think we are going after Anthony Rudolph, Denver isnt playing him hes rotting on the bench and capable of putting up big numbers.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I wonder if Sacramento would accept a package based around Parsons+Jones+Morris.

9. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Who the hell is Anthony Rudolph? Don't see him anywhere: http://www.nba.com/nuggets/roster-2012-13

1 person likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

11. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I want Cousins soooooo bad.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I wonder who owns Saceattle?

13. rocketsmetalspd

How about Patterson, Morris, and Douglas?

14. basketballholic

Isn't it interesting that the T-wolves owner met with Love last week and this week T-wolves are offering multiple first round picks shopping around for established talent?

(Hint: Love has told them team has to improve drastically or he's leaving.)

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

For those saying Cousins to OKC, I highly doubt they want to deal with Westbrook and him in the same lockerroom.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Sac isn't trading Cousins before the deadline. The Maloofs aren't gonna endanger the sale of their team by trading away their best asset. That's a decision for new ownership.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This guy is like T-will but worse because he's been on more teams.

Yeah he's 23...with 5 years in the NBA and he STILL has yet to get any major minutes. I mean there has to be a reason for this.

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Same thing happened to Jermaine O'Neal. That said, I don't think Randolph is worth trading for

19. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

we're trading for J. O'neal if it's ala Camby trade..:p

20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Nice prediction. Sounds reasonable.