1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] X-Factor: The Impact of Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GBRocket, Nov 27, 2013.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I don't know what borderline stars are available just like I didnt know James Hardin would be available when the rockets traded for him. The rockets have an asset that is very difficult to attain with Asik playing the center position. I respect your opinion on Asik not being wasted, but I don't agree with playing one of your best players in limited minutes. Asik doesn't want to be with the rockets anymore no matter how much you think he will help them in limited minutes off the bench, it won't be good for this team if he's still around after the trade deadline, Asik is biding his time till then IMO. Move him for a player that can help this team get closer to a championship is what I want to see and what will probably happen.

2. jump shooter

Agree, for sure it doesn't have to be a star player, but the team needs an upgrade and especially at the PG position.

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

sounds about right.

4. SevenMinuteAbs

What's wrong with our PGs...? I think if anything that's one of our strengths.

5. CP30

CP30 Member

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I did post on this forum in early 2013 that I felt we don't really need another PF- we could just start Jones.

I've been a huge fan of him since he got a good chunk of playing time for a certain stretch last season.

6. CP30

CP30 Member

Agreed. We have four very talented Guards right now.

Harden, Beverley, Lin, and Brooks are all capable of being starters.

7. Remii

Remii Member

8. bws

bws Member

This team does not need a PG. They need their excellent PG to play PG and they have 2 borderline all stars on the team in Parsons and Lin. Beverley isn't in as QB, he's in for hustle and heart, low TOs, excellent defense and he's rotated with Lin and Harden. Right now the team is showing it needs to play together longer, not keep looking for the perfect new piece to try to add to a fairly ball-dominant superstar and one that wants to be the low-post guy even if it isn't his natural game. and they may also require their touches. I agree with you on one thing, Asik may not be happy with the minutes he gets so he may have to be traded.

9. jump shooter

I love Beverly but objectively they won't win a championship with him. Would love to see them get a proven playoff player like Rondo for a package of Asik and assets.

10. Alon Rosen

Alon Rosen Member

Great addition for the Rockets.

Playing better than i thought, but the key is consistency !

11. bws

bws Member

You have Lin, he will emerge as your big minute PG as it should be. Rondo is older, a locker room cancer, and not a great shooter. He's also more ball-dominant than need be and doesn't fit the style of this team that well. The second unit seems to lack a leader so Lin is there part-time to do that, so Beverley starts.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Jones had his first game as a starter where he really reverted back to being lost on both ends and really didn't assert himself by running the floor hard and hustling for those "x-factor" plays that help the team really win games.

Whats going to be an interesting potentially breaking point in Jones' career is how he responds from his first poor performance as a starter.

However, I have to say that the Utah game was probably a very frustrating game for a young player like Jones to be in. Their offense was so screen heavy that there was a ton of responsibility on the bigs to show off on multiple shooters coming off of screens.

-Hopefully teams running that offense doesn't become the norm because not only can it mess with young players who've never seen it before... its downright ugly to watch. I absolutely despised watching the old school Jazz teams under Sloan for that very reason. Very bruising physical game, and frustrating to watch when your team isn't used to playing against it.

13. kmqn

kmqn New Member

work on your speed jones!!! just sayin

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He is super young guys... give him time to develop?

15. CP30

CP30 Member

I respectfully disagree. I think he adds a lot to our team, and we seem to just play quite a bit better when he's in than when he's on the bench.

I wouldn't be opposed to him having a similar role as he did last season while bringing in someone else, but can the Rockets really afford it? Between what we're paying Harden and Howard, and what we will have to pay Parsons and eventually T-Jones?

Beverley is great for a 5th best starter on a team, and he's very affordable.

IMO The only real thing between us and a championship right now is a year or two of experience together.

16. jump shooter

I guess we both respectfully disagree LOL. You still have to force a players like Tony Parker, Westbrook, Curry and CP3 to play some sort of defense and all those players are on playoff teams. I love the way Beverly plays BTW.

17. CP30

CP30 Member

Beverley's on a playoff team as well.

I don't think our problem is Beverley at all. On the contrary, I would say he's been our biggest bright spot in the last two losses. He's basically the only one who played defense in those games, and was the reason we were even in them.

18. joelcwu

joelcwu Member

There's nothing wrong with our PG. We need our SG quit pretend to be a PG.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Quietly having a nice game

20. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

TJones is one of my favorite players in the NBA right now. So damn effective.