1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] With no answer for Ellis, Rockets get rolled (w/ Scola highlights)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

\

I think that's what Adelman did as the game went on. Battier didn't play many minutes and was taken off Ellis when he was on. Courtney Lee was the Ellis defender, and did a good job keeping Ellis taking contested 2s. Ellis just hit them.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

And so the start Lee chants begin.

IMO, Lee should be starting. He is the best combo of offense/defense for the last perimeter spot.

3. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I think the main problem wasn't who was guarding Ellis last night, it was the double teams and rotations etc. I don't think anyone in the planet was going to stop Ellis one on one; it was our late doubles, and terrible help defense on pick n rolls etc that was the greater concern. This may take some time to fix, but I think it will eventually. Until then, we'll just have to outscore teams, which we can do.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

There were only two players that kept us in the game (scola, Martin), Battier like always no offense and no defense, Brooks was just tired and I couldn't blame him the guy played pretty much 46mins in each game with back to back, and no Yao out there, so I suspected us to loose that game, but giving up 132 points was just ridiculous.