1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Training Camp Footage - Day 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2012.

1. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Roxxy's talking bout Machado, not Tony D

2. kastuul

kastuul Member

I am tired of the TO's talk.
    TO's will drop when a PG spends more time with teammates and watches film.
    No big deal.

Lin will have 4-5TOs in one games and 1-2TOs in another game.
    Don't be overreacted.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

First, thanks Clutch for sharing the video.

Second, lets remember this is a small portion of the day's work. What isn't shown is what else they did that day, how tired each of them is and all the other circumstances surrounding the practice.

4. Convictedstupid

Carl, please take your rational thoughts and gtfo.

They all suck and the rockets are clearly doomed this season.

5. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

These guys look much, much better after just one day of practice.

I don't get why y'all are so down on mchale. He took this team to a .500 record in the western conference with a bunch of role players and a second tier scorer in KM.

McHale is hyper-competitive and won't settle for mediocrity, with the right personnel. If this team can add a top 15 caliber player or someone even close to that level, the rockets can win 50 games.

6. King Boo

King Boo Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/confidence-bloom-0

On Jeremy Lin:

7. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

That's nice and all, but he didn't look too great in the scrimmages.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You know why people are down on him

In case you didn't watch the last 15 games last season

In the second half of almost all of those crucial games, he put in Scola and Patterson as PF and Center benching Camby and Dalembert. We got absolutely raped because of no basket protection.

9. BayAreaBaller

BayAreaBaller Member

This board is funny.

Perhaps Lin's unprecedented ascent last season has people expecting him to be perfect and to play like Michael Jordan on every play. That's silly and unrealistic.

I understand the fickle nature of fans, but the reactions on here over training camp scrimmages is nothing short of ridiculous.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

Can't wait for video from tomorrows practices as well as additional commentary. Can't wait until pre-season starts on the 10th.

11. rajon

rajon Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K4YaUYRE0mw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Haha the one time Kevin Martin brings up the ball it results in a turn over. Oh well, team looks good overall. Thanks again Clutch for posting up the videos!

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

There are going to be a lot of turnovers this season from multiple parties. Don't forget Royce will be doing some ball handling as well. This team is definitely not going to win a lot of games & from what the coaches said they are teaching guys basic rudimentary NBA rules. That is mad raw. I would rather guys learn and get all the lumps out of the way this season and just focus on learning. Curious as to how many people will still be around when the Rockets are on 6 or 7 game losing streaks. As I said before there is going to be a lot of fighting this season it will be madness.

14. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

Thanks for being refreshingly honest. We don't resent LOFs. We only start when they try to pass themselves off as diehard Rocket fans.

15. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone else think Gary Forbes is gonna be a rotation player?

I know we want all the rooks to play, but honestly I see the starting five of Lin, Martin, Parsons, Patterson and Asik, with Lamb, T-Jones, Forbes and Douglas rounding out the bench. Maybe Delfino as well.

I think Gary is someone we're all going to love, and is exactly the type of player McHale loves. I think Royce stays in the doghouse and I think DMo is brought along slowly

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Well, White and Montie were on the billboards, and teams usually don't put players on the backburner on billboards.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He could be...not talented enough to thrive in any situation, but this could be a good one for him. I think he'll surprise people.

18. ERC

ERC Member

(Disclaimer: I'm a newbie posting my first response, so apology if I am not doing this "correctly". And yes, I'm a Lin fan who followed him from NYK to Houston.)

I'm a HUGE Lin fan, so I get your confidence in him. I've watched every game he played and know he can play, so I'm not too concerned about his performance these 2 days. However, his game is still a work-in-progress with room for improvement. I mean, yesterday's near-TO could have easily been a real TO in an actual game. (Imagine if the defender were Spur's Kawhi Leonard with his extremely-long arms and huge hands....) Even the reporters said it was not a great day for Lin. So, I think it's unfair to say any criticism of Lin's game is an ad hominem attack. Folks were just critiquing his game; nothing more. In all honesty I thought the fans here are much better/classier than some of the diehard Knicks fans.

On the other hand - whoever said that Lin's cocky, please be assured that he's anything but. Lin is very competitive but extremely humble, hardworking, and has an impeccable work ethics. Give him time (after all, this was his first NBA-level practice since he was sidelined in April) and you'll see. He won't disappoint, I promise. :)

19. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Yeah it looks pretty apparent that we're going to be an awful team this season. We shouldn't have expected any less though, the Rockets removed every veteran player outside of Kevin Martin and we've got a squad of unproven, young players and rookies.

It would be nice if we could just have a reliable offensive post option though to help stabilise the roster or if Lin actually steps up at some point and shows that he can run an offense, because right now HOLY smokes he looks like a SCRUB. And btw, look at my join date, I came over here because I am a Lin supporter.

McHale's scheme makes sense though, why are we running plays if nobody's ever even played together yet? He's clearly running some sessions to get the guys to become familiar with each other first.

Bright spots are that Chandler Parsons looks phenomenal out there in his role. Great wing player, extremely high IQ. Asik looks like a defensive beast, but then again he's competing against rookie PFs. Lamb has a great shot and Kevin Martin looks healthy.

If Royce White can make it to camp soon his presence would be nice and hopefully Motiejunas can somehow man the 5 against back-up Cs at least because our PFs are undersized for the C and play quite small.

20. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

I almost forgot about Carlos Delfino. Heck, the preseason games will be nice to familiarise the kids with the NBA and Delfino might be a much needed veteran presence.