1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Training Camp Footage - Day 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL No i am not ragging on douglas. I was legitimately asking but sidestep pointed out that he was number 15. I liked the very little I saw of him from Day 1.

2. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

things i noticed:

Asik is the giant on the team
    PPat is jacked
    Lamb is tall and really long, long wingspan! for a 2 guard, plus high vertical is evident
    Parsons is really a high bball IQ player, separates himself from everybody
    Lin's scoring instincts allows him to play 2 guard, hence Machado-Lin backcourt
    Greg Smith is not that tall but he does get the ball and scores on putbacks
    Jajuan and Marcus are kinda lost
    Livingston looks good with the ball, real playmaker
    Machado looks like the best ballhandler but still loses it though
    guys are still tentative, still trying to get that feel for things

White needs to just show up, and PLAY. key word = play.

honestly, we look bad. it's still early but it really looks like there is a lot of work ahead of these kids.

3. pnr

pnr Member

There is no identity.. are there any set plays run? How about the PnR? I didn't see any of that run. We play OKC in a few days? Yikes...

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

All the scrimmage footage is up from today... all 5 parts. Last part is a little long (just under 4 minutes), but for some reason I had corruption issues when I tried to trim it so I didn't delay much further on it.

Lin had a nice three-point play to start the final clip down the stretch, but had another bad turnover (hard to see from the camera angle -- Kevin Martin picked him. Dean Cooper came over and quickly instructed him where he made the mistake) as well that was costly. I don't think today was a great day for Lin, from the little I saw ... but again, small sample size.

5. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

I think this is scrimmage. It is just for them to get some running and get on the court and hustle. The set plays will come when they start playing starters versus bench.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Thanks Clutch. It's always good to get the opinion from people who are there.

7. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

From V video, it looks like White team lost 15-13 with two costly turnover at the end, and Lin still had a chance to win with a 3. CLANK!

8. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Ugh Lin looked mediocre in yesterday's clip and mediocre today. Safe to say he won't be Mr. Improvement at the start of the season.

9. pandaboy99

pandaboy99 Member

I cannot believe the highlight of my day this week is a few minutes of shaky cam footage from preseason training camp basketball. I think i need to get out more:p

10. luden

luden Member

Interesting, you got that in 10 minutes? :rolleyes:

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOL Martin even draws fouls in practice

12. pnr

pnr Member

Damn, Lin's shot looks off. This is kinda worrying..

13. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

Why is Lin playing at 2? They're not going to play him at 2 once the season begins so why didn't they run any plays with him at 1? He needs to get used to his teammates and the plays his coach wants to install. Do they just want to test Machado?

Where is Lin's shooting touch that his shooting coach talked about? He missed catch and shoot 3 and his signature reversed layup. I know, I know, it's preseason and Lin has the reputation of a gamer. But come on, Jeremy! Show some results of your offseason practice results!

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Who was the player Binkerstaff was yelling at for being lazy and not crossing the half court line?

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lol. I can already tell that this is going to be a long season and there is going to be a massive **** show and tons of infighting on this board from some of these comments.

16. arjun

arjun Member

DEF greg smith...because he was no where to be found on the screen..and ten when the play did resume...he was the one who took it out LOL

17. pnr

pnr Member

Honestly Lin just looks complacent out there.. He no longer has to fight for a roster spot which kinda explains it I guess...

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL He is going to get fat and lazy and lose his starting spot to Scott. Relax it's just scrimmage let's wait until games. And if he struggles who cares, we aren't winning a lot of games this season anyway even if he plays like the second coming of Nash. It's called rebuilding for a reason.

19. RockSC

RockSC Member

It's not confirmation bias. I just reported what I saw. CP is not going to play PG, but Lin is. TO is pretty critical especially for point guards. I am going to talk about a player that I have highest expectations. And it happend to be Lin.

CP had one turnover, and Lin had 3 in today's footage. CP had 1, and Lin again had 3 TOs in yesterday's footage. I am a Lin's fan but he surely turned the ball over just like last season.

If anyone on the team had 3 turnovers deserved to be criticized.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I noticed Greg did not wear a number on Day 1.
    Is it going to be 0?4? He seems to be make the roster regularly.
    Management seems to see something in this one.