1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Tracy McGrady's Houston Return: Before, During and After

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Mr. Space City

what part of all the mentioned are losers don't you understand?

you can bring up the toronto game as much as you want but mcgady never quit on the rockets in the playoffs. he underachieved. same with yao.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't know why you are talking about Yao, he didn't play today and I think Clutch's purpose of this thread is give Tmac's reaction to the game and crowd reaction.

tmac and yao didn't win together? tell us something we don't know dude.

Rockets win, Pistons lose. Fans cheer, Fans boo. Just another game in a long season.

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

One more time: there is a difference between a simple loser and a piece of ****. McGrady is a loser and a piece of ****.

Yes, I'll keep on bringing up the Toronto game because what happened there was so crazy. Who cares about anything else T-Slack has done? He's never accomplished anything in the playoffs AND he's got that Toronto game hanging around his neck, and that Toronto game is pretty freaking incredible. Can you name any other time in the NBA where somebody was out on the floor and refused to play?

4. Francis3mvp

Francis3mvp Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TjbkXewxlGI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TjbkXewxlGI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5. Mr. Space City

my initial comment was not even geared towards you. so why do you care about a comment that does not involve you? i was replying to Nolocke and people who responded to me.

but agreed. the rockes won so hat's all that matters.

why is this in the garm anyways? mcgrady is not even a rocket.

again, what part of mcgrady is a loser don't you understand? i have clearly stated this multiple times.

you're talking about character and im talking about W's and L's, because at the end of the day that's the only thing that matters.

6. Francis3mvp

Francis3mvp Member

I Was at the game and I booed. What did this guy ever do for us? Scored 13 pts in 30 seconds in a reg season game vs Spurs in December. This guy promised big things for this city and said to put it on him. He gave as much to this city as Reece Gaines, we stayed in 1st round every yr. I'm not gonna applaud this guy that quit on his damn team. Fans that talk about having showing the world that we are a classy city is why this damn city stinks in everything. we need some damn hotheads and badboys. Ron Artest did more then T-mac and played his ass off while he was here and got my applause in his first game back, I'm just as much as a diehard fan as any other rocket fan, but I'm not gonna sugarcoat anything just cause we need to show up as a classy city, classy don't win crap, and I actually like T-mac as a man, played with him on his softball team for 3 yrs in pearland, but when it comes to hooping, the man gets my boos. The rockets players not dying to go say whats up to him and hug him should tell you enough about how he was perceieved by them.

1 person likes this.
  7. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Wrong, character matters. Winners are winners because of their character. There is a world of difference between a guy like Pistol Pete who was just unlucky enough to be on a bunch of crappy teams and a guy like T-Cancer whose character (or rather, his lack of character) turned out to be a severe liability for whichever team was unlucky enough to be renting his services.

When did Head ever get out there and not try? I don't care how talented you are: if the coach sends you out on the floor and you refuse to play you're scum. You're wasting minutes that guys on the bench would kill to have, you're screwing your teammates on the floor by letting them go four on five with the other team and you're a cancer on the organization as a whole. If you're a professional you still work your ass off even if you're unhappy. What kind of monstrous selfishness does it take to get out on the floor and pout like a little baby?

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Are you questioning why CLUTCH makes a thread? :eek:

9. Mr. Space City

signed, kobe bryant

10. Mr. Space City

no, but why does a non-rocket have a thread in the garm? especially when there is already a t-mac/pistons thread. :confused:

11. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Yes, Kobe's a world class jerk and an egomaniac but he works his ass off and he's at least coachable. Jackson was at least able to sit him and get him to trust his teammates more, enough to win a couple of championships.

What did Kobe do when he was unhappy? Demand a trade. What did T-Slack do? Refuse to play. He quit, and that's the difference between him and Kobe.

12. Mr. Space City

but you just said character matters? kobe quit on his team but he made up for it with CHAMPIONSHIPS. something mcgrady and head both don't have.

so in fact character does not always matter.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

ask Clutch.

I appreciated his video though, I found it interesting.

14. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

When did Kobe quit on his team? When was he ever out on the floor and not TRYING?

T-Slack quit. He's a quitter, and all the sports cliches about quitters apply.

15. Mr. Space City

2006 nba playoffs

16. tinman

Supporting Member

back to the topic,

didn't you find it interesting that T-mac said when he first came back to Toronto it was much worse?

So the booing by the Toyota center fans didn't really compare to those in Toronto. And of course, he got booed by the Orlando fans (video I posted earlier).

As Tmac would say.. "it is what it is" ;)

17. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

"The look on Kobe's face as he hopped in place, awaiting the ball to start the fourth quarter, didn't look like somebody who was tanking. Brian Cook took the first three shots of the fourth for the Lakers, and the Suns' lead ballooned to 28. Next, even with the game long decided, Bryant was called for offensive fouls on consecutive possessions, apparently trying to spark something by going to the hole. And coming out of another timeout minutes later, Bryant aggressively split a double-team from Bell and Tim Thomas and was fouled. After the inbounds pass, Bryant worked the ball around and the Lakers went back inside to Odom who scored at the rim."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/columns/story?id=5195953

We know what quitting looks like. Quitting is standing at the three point line and throwing the ball back as soon as somebody passes to you. Splitting a double team isn't quitting.

Kobe isn't the type of guy I'd like to hang around with or call a friend--he's an immature jerk as far as I can tell. But he has a ferocious desire to win. Character does matter, just not in the way you're thinking.

18. Mr. Space City

journalist write up from 2006.

19. Eps

Eps Member

all i can say is karma.

20. Mr. Space City

i agree. back to the topic becuase this s getting too off topic as it is.

my apologies ;)