1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Tracy McGrady's Houston Return: Before, During and After

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2010.

1. anchel

anchel Member

Classy. +1 for McGrady.

Very dissapointed with fans reaction. I think injuries have annoyed him enough, he's past, at least leave him alone.

1 person likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this means you wanted him to make his shots against the Rockets. I think it would be fine to cheer him when they announce him in, but cheering him when he's scoring on the Rockets?

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Me my son sat and did nothing when he entered the game. No boos or clapping, he got no emotional response from us. He's just not worth the effort.

4. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

okay but listen

how do you give him a standing ovation when he first checked in the game as a rocket last year?

and now boo him because we TRADED him to another team?

5. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

i only cheered when he scored, after he checked out, i was back on the rockets, and i didnt cheer for the other pitsons, they suck, tmac could have grabbed like 10 assists on all those good passes but they blew it all.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

that is not the real tmac. the real tmac doesn't thank the fans or owner. and he sure doesn't want yao ming to get better. what is he, a YOF all of a sudden?!?

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

He quit PHYSICALLY, duh.

8. shlhl

shlhl Member

Enjoy what you have in past. TMAC had good year in Houston but it is past. I do not think it is good to boo him when they introduce him. Houston fans have to wait for a while for another super star to come. We have no star right now. No star ,no ring. :rolleyes:

9. RocketMania1991

Dumbass fans at Toyota Center.

No reason to boo the guy, the years of Mcgrady were far better than the years of Francis.

If he could of physically played he would of for us.

Its unfortunate what has happened to him and the decline of his career.

10. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

NICE....kinda like his effort on the rockets lol

11. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

I just find it hilarious that T-Mac fans are so butt hurt over the booing of McGrady. Me personally, I would have clapped when he was first announced because there were more good times here than bad ones. Overall the T-Mac/Yao era was a fun ride even though it didn't amount to a lot of success.

But the guy is professional and he has heard it far worst from Toronto and Orlando. There was barely anyone at the game so he probably didn't even notice the jeers that much. Paying fans can cheer or boo for whomever they please, it doesn't make them classless to boo McGrady. T-Man fan acts like the fans started derogatory chants or started hurling foreign objects at him. This was tame. The guy is a big boy, you don't have to feel sorry for him because he had to "endure" a few boos tonight.

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Would you cheer for him if he beat us with a buzzer beater, you sound like you would cheer for him for every shot..?? if you would, then my friend you are just a T-mac fan not a a rocket fan. :eek:

13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

How can you not like this guy? He could have been a ass-hole and just talked mess about Houston, but no, he stayed classy and recognized the good times in Houston. I still don't understand how some can be that ignorant and boo him in his return to the Toyota Center. Man I wish I was there... I would have been the loudest one cheering him on.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks for making this thread Clutch,
    people can talk about the game now in the post game thread.

15. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

no. im a Rockets AND a tmac fan. it's just sad to see that he got booed just the same amount lebron did. and the situation with the king is far much worse than this. if he beat us with a buzzer beater, it'd be bitter-sweet. but i know that will never happen. so the fun was really being the only one cheering for him at the game.

16. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

When Tracey scores, he is scoring a against the rockets correct? Hence, are you not cheering against the Rockets?

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Seriously, what in the world (in your mind) did he do to deserve a standing ovation? Just because Mac played for the orginization doesn't warrant a standing O.

Now Landry on the other hand was all heart all the time, not to mention he took a bullet, literally. Now that man deserves a standing O. Not that there are not former players or people that are or were in the orginization that don't deserve this respect, I just went with a player that was traded recently, but deserved an Ovation IMO, due to what he gave night in and night out.

#57 mikol13, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

This McGrady thing is like a good relationship that ended badly..

Things were going well in the beginning and you would have hoped that it work out in the end, but they didnt. There's going to be ill-will for sure from both parties, but that's expected.

I think as time passes, more of the McGrady critics will realize that there were some good times here.

I personally would have cheered for him if i was there because with a healthy McGrady (before 08-09), there was always HOPE for something great... obviously it didnt happen - whether it was McGrady's shortcomings or the organization's shortcomings as a whole, there's no denying that McGrady was our best chance to lead us back to the championship since the Hakeem, Clyde, and Barkley days...

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I kinda feel bad for the guy, but when you take on that kind of salary you have to take the responsibility that comes with it.

20. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

omfg.

1) his name is tracy.
    2) im cheering for a player that i like. im pretty sure rockets fans have players that they like from another team, i dont see anything wrong with that. and plus tmac played what, 20 minutes? so the rest of the 28 minutes i was cheering for the rockets :p