1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Tracy McGrady's Houston Return: Before, During and After

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Prince

Prince Member

my thing with tmac is not about the way he exit here but his attitude towards game. he talks too much but he doesn't sweat on the court.

2. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Seriously, crying about booing is like when the Cowgirls' Wade Phillips cried last year about having the score run up on him in a playoff game.

To quote a famous coach, "go play intramurals brotha".

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I personally did not boo him on the TV, because I view the act the same way T-Mac views the game later on, totally not worth the effort. I have nothing but great disdain for T-Mac as a player and apparently so do a lot of other people (not just Rockets fans). I cannot comment on him as a person since I don't know him. It is hilarious though, that T-Mac fans are so offended by Houston booing him and call them classless, when T-Mac has also been booed by Toronto and Orlando. That is a damning statement about T-Mac as a player than Houston fans.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pig Miller pwns Tracy apologists...

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he handled it very poorly. But ya know, there have been many others to have handled it much much worse. That's the life of stars in the NBA - spoiled babies. Managing them is key to winning championships. Phil Jackson has tolerated his fair share of guys who would quit or act recklessly.

Did you know that Dennis Rodman quit on the team? Did you know that Scottie Pippen refused to go into a game once?

The reason I didn't want to run T-mac out of town is because we really don't have a lot of other options. You can't replace that talent easily, maybe we're spoiled by all the great players who've graced Houston...Malone, Murphy, Hayes, Olajuwon, Drex, Barkeley, Pippen, Francis, Yao, T-mac - all those stars we think that they are easy to come by.

It's not that easy in today's NBA where stars don't have as much choices and neither do teams. T-mac was a rare triple threat player - oscar robinson type. Guys like Wade and Kobe and LeBron are the only true established guys who can do it all.

Carmelo, Bosh, Igoudala, and many of the guys discussed here can't measure up to the T-mac we had before the knee problems settled in.

And let's not forget that T-mac was perfectly fine and so were we under Gundy and the problems started with Adelman.

To me, when we traded away T-mac, our tiny ity bitty hope for championship aspirations died right there. There probably wasn't a chance, but now there definitely is no chance.

This team will not compete for a ring any time soon barring some sort of spectacular trade or stroke of luck.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Did you really call Pippen a star? He only shone when he had Jordan. When he was on the Rockets and Blazers, he was no where near star power.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I almost can't believe this thread's gotten even this long. I thought the #2 response to this thread out of 280+ so far was the most appropriate - >

Exactly. Even though McGrady's a lying sack of sh#t acting like he's unaffected, putting up another one of his "calm and collected" fake fronts when he can EASILY just be candid about it -

If you don't care, why should I care then.

Thanks. Happy trails.

8. ungeilivable

ungeilivable New Member

It was unfair.When he was health,he was still doing all that he can to fight on the match just like a hero.It's the injuries not him that break him down.I am so disappointed to the local fans who was booooooooing him that night.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

i was referring to the fans