1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Tracy McGrady attends Rockets practice today (10/4/2013)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Oct 4, 2013.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully our impressionable team doesn't pick up any diva tendencies... :)

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

No matter how T-Mac's tenure with the Rockets ended, he is still one of my favorites Rockets and my favorite player watching growing up. Great to see him in Toyota center!!!

3. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

I know this is totally unrealistic, but let me dream about a T-Mac, Harden, Howard, and Yao team.

4. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Oh and I mention T-Mac and Yao instead of other Rockets because T-Mac and Yao would still be playing if they were injury free.

5. Rox23

Rox23 Member

People may not realize it but TMac also played great defense. He was long, and so he could defend. The Rockets today are not "Harden's team" in the same way that the Rockets back in the day were "TMac's team". TMac also was captain. By the way, who's captain of this year's squad?

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's amazing how so many former players are still close to the organization. Ive only seen the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks players show the same amount of pride for their former teams and they all have richer histories than the Rockets. Chicago with all their Championships, their players don't visit.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Don't forget about the Pacers game as well.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Harden and Howard are the captains/co-captains of this ship pimpn. This team we have now will be a good defensive team to. Last season Coach McHale didnt really put a lot of emphasis on defense. He wanted to out score his opponents. Now that we have Howard, Asik, Beverely, and Brewer defense will be preached and has been preached to this team. When Harden was in OKC he was a better defensive player.

Also remember JVG was a defensive minded coach.

9. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

T-mac has no home. he couldnt go back to orlando or toronto. or he is just being a front runner as usual.

stay away from harden

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

This is nice. T Mac is my favorite player of all time.

12. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Who said anything about being a saint? Is it too much to not expect your star player to quit on the team, or to tell the team before the media if he is going to shut it down for the year and have surgery?

Winning 22 games in a row made us an over achieving team, not underachieving, and it was great. Obviously Tracy was talented, but he also had a knack for settling for jumpers as his tenure with the Rockets went on, and he was just too injury prone, so while he was one of the most talented Rockets of all time, his ultimate contribution to winning was about the same as Steve Francis, despite being significantly more talented.

Tracy didn't win a playoff series in the east either, where the finals teams included the Nets and Sixers, and let's not act like Iverson's supporting cast was any better. Tracy did a lot of incredible things on the court, had all world talent, but he ultimately couldn't win. Sure his team mates all share some of that blame, but let's not act like Lebron was playing with a cast of superstars in Cleveland when he carried them to the finals. Asking Tmac to carry his team out of the first round once isn't mission impossible, and I suspect you can't think of another superstar who went thru his career without ever getting a playoff series win as a starter.

13. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Tmac looks to be in good shape in this photo... it would be awesome to see him as a back up 2.

14. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I love Harden, I'm still bitter towards T-Mac. I'm a Rockets fan, first and foremost.

There is no arguement, Tracy was the better basketball player.

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

This is false. The supporting casts around him during his years in Orlando were beyond horrendous.

16. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Who would you give the ball to down 1 with 10 seconds left?

17. steady

steady Member

Harden is still 24. : )

18. jets fool

jets fool Member

T-mac still has love in htown...very happy to see him with the organization

19. Sanity2disChaos

Amen, even a poor mans tmac is superior to the current CP.

20. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Minus TMac those Orlando teams would have finished in last place in their division. The next best player on that Orlando team was an over-the-hill Juwan Howard. Grant Hill never recovered from his injury in time to play alongside Tmac.