1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Tracy McGrady attends Rockets practice today (10/4/2013)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Healthy Tmac and Yao were like a mythical creature that never exsisted.

2 people like this.
  2. Rocket_Man_2.0

Sign Tmac for the minimum!..:rolleyes:

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Then we (along with the Rockets' coaches and staff) could look forward to listening to Stephen A Smith every day so we could find out if TMac was going to play or if he was going to decide to have surgery and end his season.

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

our season ticket sales would skyrocket if we brought back T-MAC. #RETURNOFTHEMAC

5. CertifiedTroll

He is teaching Harden how to be 6'9" and teaching Chandler how to flatten his shot.

1 person likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The issue wasn't with ownership it was most directly with the coaches and trainers that didn't want T-Mac using up gametime minutes to rehab back in 2008. The trainers, coaches, and staff all knew that T-Mac wasn't the same player health wise after his surgeries and adding to that, they were planning on trading him at the deadline to one of several packages. They could not have him come back too early (like he was wanting), look awful, and ruin one of the many trades they were lining up.

T-Mac wanted to play himself back into game shape, and Adelman didn't want to sacrifice precious game-time minutes for a rehab stint.

I assume now, T-Mac's major beef was mostly directed towards Adelman for not playing him when he was wanting minutes. He knew he wasn't going to re-sign back in Houston, and Houston wasn't going to resign him anyways. He wanted to go to New York or Chicago the next year in a smaller role, and the Rockets wanted to get younger.

All of this was pretty well documented at the time. There should be no reason for ill will towards Les and Morey. They were always good to him even when he wasn't good to us. The only time he didn't get his way was when he wasn't allowed by Adelman to play through his rehab. I dont think he has any right to NOR DOES HE harbor ill will for Les and Morey not wanting to resign him after the dreadful 2008-2009 year.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I hear that the Texans' Daryl Sharpton has been taking lessons from TMac for years.....

1 person likes this.
  8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Kudos to Mac for coming to guide the young-uns...

Here is a real question? I think TMac has tremendous BBall IQ...Would he be a good NBA coach???

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

guys, we're getting way off topic here.

let's just focus on t-mac the great helping harden reach the next level. hopefully harden can be as good for us as t-mac was.

1 person likes this.
  10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Damn, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Kind of a tragic ending for tmacs stint here in Houston. He felt like he still had it, and could still be a star and it was already too late for him. Sucks.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The ill will had nothing to do with the RE-SIGNING him issue, it had all to do with his bombshells like his own timetabels and announcing the surgery without consulting with the Rockets and the PR disaster that followed.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd hope Harden ends up a whole lot better. In fact, I'd argue that Harden last season was better than TMac ever was as a Rocket.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

In everyway. He was an sepectacular playmaker and as Gorge Karl called him he has never seen a more high IQ player since Magic at that size.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Woot! Our players get to learn from the BEST at not getting past the first round! I am so stoked for it! /sarcasm

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

You must have been living under a rock during the 2004-2005 season.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Nonsense. Tmac's first year as a Rocket was pheonomenal.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He is a new fan. Probaly wasn't even watching basketba;ll then.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You must have been living under a rock last year. Harden scored more in exactly the same number of games on fewer shots, had more assists and had more steals than McGrady did in his 04-05 season.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a foolish assumption, just because I joined this site relatively recently doesn't change the fact that I've been a fan of the Rockets since the late 80's

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It was tough to watch too. JVG says all the time that the hardest players to coach are the superstars that can't play anymore. Also, I feel bad for Adelman too... he's the one that had to make the tough call to deal with the emotions of a broken superstar, win games, and keep the front office happy.

Keep in mind that Adelman went through nearly the same thing with Chris Webber and had to go through him breaking down before his own eyes as well.

T-Mac had a ego at the end of his tenure here that I respect, and I'm sure everyone around the organization at the time respected as well... He still thought he could do what he used to. But the only person that didn't know he was through was T-Mac.... pretty sad ending. I'm glad that he got a chance to retire on a high note last year(even with the hated Spurs), and finally seem to come to terms with the fact that he wasn't great anymore.

He seems to be happy now, and can look back and enjoy the accomplishments he had rather than what he didn't do. I'm totally fine with him being allowed back in the retired Rockets fraternity.