1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The_Yoyo (in Vegas): Rockets Summer League Recap - Day 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Budinger has proven himself over the course of an entire NBA season and you're worried because of 2 summer league games? Are you in a separate reality?

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think that is CBud's problem. He seems to be a palyer who is easy to be satisfied. He lacks competitive spirit to be a great player. I think he might be a lifetime role player. In contrast, I do think Taylor has the fire to be a great player.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks, Yo Yo. I appreciate your insight.

I will put a qualifier on the Hill concerns because (a) I, for one, don't see much reason for the SLs (b) he has skill and athleticism but lacks experience, not having played long before he was drafted - or much his first season, and thus is a project (c) because I think he has a better head and motor than guys like 'stro et al and will get it done, in time.

My only positive feeling about SL is how Greene became Ron - Ron. :p

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Brilliant. You've highlighted everything that we needed to know. Much appreciated Yoyo.

5. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Yoyo. It can not be said enough, contributions like yours and Rockets2K's make this place great.

Love it.

Agree on Hill. I thought he looked "light" 2 nights ago, but he looked even lighter last night. But it is just the SL, right? ;)

6. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

It is way too early to be concerned about Hill's Summer League performance. He played better in actual NBA games; maybe that should count for something.

Besides, they are working on specific things; they don't just say, "Go out and kick some butt."

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

that will his lifetime knock and partly the reason why he was drafted 10+ positions below JT.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2nd article better than EVER
    good read YY

9. amaru

amaru Member

I might get flamed for this, but in my opinion, Hill played like a sissy last night.

I know its just been 2 SL games, but I haven't seen a whole lot of "get up and go" out of the young man.

A potential back-up center should show some fire! :cool:

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cbud plus KB 24's drive would account for = The black Mamba 2.0

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nice. Good work as always, The_YoYo.

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

That's fantastic. Patterson is replacement floor leader, when Battier's contract expires.

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Why would you get flamed for calling Hill a sissy? Yoyo's article said the same thing in different words. Most of the posts on Hill have said the same thing. McHale said the same thing.

14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Clutch possibly he just doesn't want to be traded! His play is so poor it could be deliberate, knowing how Morey likes to feature players he hopes to trade :p

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

In favor of Hill- he looks so out of it at times I wonder if he actually knows what is required of him. To me he looks lacking in coaching and direction.
    Possibly a week with Hakeem could do the trick!! :p

16. cbb139

cbb139 Member

Jordan Hill was thoroughly disappointing, it just feels like the guy has no motor. It looked like either he was lost on the court, or he just wasn't interested in playing. Considered the amount of work(according to report) that he had put in, it had hardly showed.

I'm also a bit disappointed by Chase, I'd want to see him more aggreesive, and try to score a little more. He was great on the breaks, but just wasn't looking for his own shots in the half courts.

17. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

I'm confused, are we featuring Taylor or is he being a ball hog? Didn't we just read where the coaches are letting the players play? Being aggressive is up to each individual player.

Budinger is being passive on his own. After 3-4 good open looks on Friday, he quit looking for his outside shot. I believe there was an article saying that he had shot poorly all week. Doesn't look he has the same sweet stroke that he showed last season, seems to be starting his release too low. I'm hoping the coaches will run a few screens for him, we need Chase to regain his touch and start looking for his shot.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am sure they are letting them play, but have given them "instructions" on what they should be doing.

It is up to the players to "Execute" on those instructions.

DD

19. psingh34

psingh34 Member

I didnt say id be worried based on just 2 summer league games, I am saying that is something that is worth looking at. With the addition of martin and return of battier to health, buddinger's playing time when everyone is healthy is not guranteed so he still has to proove himself worthy of playing time espacially if taylor prooves to be an adequate 2. Buds only true spot defensively is at the 3 and if ariza and battier are manning those positions where are you going to play him?

20. pge71188

pge71188 Member

I get a feeling from Hill that he is not trying his best just because it is Summer League, i think he will step it up when it counts...Hopefully :grin: