1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Unsung Hero: Chuck Hayes shuts down Amar'e Stoudemire

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

You cannot move the Chuckwagon!!!

[​IMG]

2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Hayes played his role for this team perfectly last night. I see Hayes as a hired gun against the Stoudamire's, Nowitki's, Aldridge's and Duncan's of the NBA world. That is his true value to this team and most teams don't have a guy like him. Adelman has one hell of a luxury in having him on the roster.

3. RyanB

RyanB Member

He's best at guarding the "small" 4
    i imagine him playing with the Celtics... :grin:

4. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

So is he like a wagon or something?

5. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

If Amare knows how to do one-third of Scola spin moves, Hayes wouldn't be able to defend him.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'd love to see Chuck defend Scola in the post. That would be an interesting battle.

7. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I think there was a report of Chuck calling out Scola's moves before he was making them in practice as he shut him down. Or was that someone else? "My mind is a piece of **** (right now)."

8. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

That was freaking fantastic Clutch! Thanks for putting that together for us.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope someday both Hayes and Battier get recognized by the league on the all defensive teams.

10. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Great job Clutch! Thanks for putting this together. Clutchfans rules.

11. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

I remember Scola joked once that it was no fun playing Chuck one-on-one, as the final score would just be 0-0. :)

12. mario713

mario713 Rookie

wow cool my name is on there. thanks and badass vid!!!

13. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I miss the defensive identity that the Rox used to have. Ok, the offense was pretty ugly, but I'd rather see other teams irritated/intimidated by our defense than to have a beautiful offense. Hopefully we can get back some of our defensive identity. There's definitely been some improvement in the last few games as Lowry has gotten back into shape, Ish has gotten some burn, and Battier has seemed a bit better. Of course, it probably has a lot to do with the fact that we haven't faced any elite wings recently. If Yao can get his reaction time back to normal, we'll have a chance to be a decent defense.

I agree with putting Hayes on Amare, Nowitski and Aldridge and I'd add KG, Bosh or pretty much anyone 6'10" or under, but I wouldn't want him going up against Duncan or Pau who have the size and moves to just shoot over him in the low post and not get bothered by his strength. The key is to put him on PF that are the focal point of the opposing offense that are 6'10" and below. That way, his ability to neutralize the opposing offense outweighs his offensive liabilities.