1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Rockets’ season was a big success — so too must be their offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 28, 2015.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The Godfather has no history in 'blowing it up'. If D-Wade wants out only GM I can think of who would pay him is LBJ (thinking Love SnT).

What would Heat be with Love/Bosh/Dragic? Interesting, fun, but championship calibre?

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Great article!

My favorite part was reading the Daryl Morey twitter quote "I feel by the time we get to the playoffs this year we will be a much better squad", and then reading all of the people's comments that were making fun of him. I hope they feel like idiots now.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Keep raising dat "contender" bar.

2nd in the league (sorry Eastern conference....), losing to the eventual champions in the finals makes them the de facto no. 1 contender in the commonly accepted sense of the term.

It is known.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I have to agree. Contender is one of the most misused words here, to the point that it doesn't really have an objective meaning.

I would have to think we were contenders this year. Next year, we need to be favorites.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

Pau didn't want to come to Houston in the failed Lakers trade, true.

But the Rockets of today are a 150% completely different team than they were when we were trying to make that trade.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden wants the Rockets to get a PG/SG?: Yeah definitely, that’s one of the conversations that me and Daryl (Morey) are going to have</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/604308606654234624">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More Harden: &quot;... and the coaches is one of the pieces we need to have, that’s later conversation but we’ll be alright.&quot;</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/604308895394324480">May 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I would say yes. I think Masai Ujiri wants to break down the team. They have gone as far as they are going to go. Ujiri is tough in trades so it won't be easy to pry Lowry, but I bet he is available.

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

So, Patrick Beverley is touted as the 5th most important free agent PG by Hoopshype, the other 4 are Dragic, Knight, Jackson, and Rondo. I imagine we'll be doing some trades for a playmaking guard? Unless Wade/Butler/Monta wants to link up here and get us to a chip. I'm also fond of the idea that Lou Williams might wanna run 6th man out here.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well, didn't we all know that. :grin:

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Wow. :eek: He is calling to get rid of McHale. :p

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great points by Clutch as usual, but I don't think Capela has much value in a trade right now. He could be an add on to a deal, but he is unlikely to be a difference maker now.

If he has a very solid sophomore year, then his trade value would be very high IMO, but then there would be no need to discuss trading him either.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

13. deshen

deshen Member

Disagree. Offseason was awful. What made this season successful is the addition of Smith in the middle of the season.

14. jase3217

jase3217 Member

If we stay healthy next season, we are tough for anyone!

DMo and Howard are a tough matchup for any 4 - 5 combo in the league. Draymon Green at 6'6" would have struggled mightily against DMo in the post, as he has that hook that he consistently hits over just about everyone.
    Loosing DMo was HUGE for the Rockets, as he had become the guy that McHale had begun to run the offense through when James was on the bench resting.

I'll take a starting lineup of Bev, Harden, Ariza, Dmo and Dwight with a bench of Llull, Terry, Brewer, Smith (T.Jones) and Capella any day!

I'd really like to see us pick Troy Daniels back up as a catch and shoot guy coming off the bench, especially after he got a little seasoning playing for Charlotte.

I don't understand two moves over the past two seasons, I'll never understand why we traded our backup point guards who were both scorers (Brooks and Cannan) for two wings that logged zero minutes in the playoffs. Those two trade really really baffled me, as IMO we lost offensive fire power for nothing!

For those who don't know, Sergio LLull is a scorer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koibm3x8Uf8

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Bye bye Prig, Bev, Jones, DMo, & Capela?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alexander is sorta phony. He is telling the story like he is the GM.

All of a sudden he is about taking risks.... when it was him who paid big bucks for Jeremy just to get into the Asian markets.

Now he is taking big risks... yeah for his standards that might be big risks but not for the teams that are consistently in the Finals.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

Lance Stephenson has 1yr remaining at 9M + a team option.

Stephenson + Hornet's 9th pick for the unguaranteed contracts of Pap + Prig?

18. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

If the Hornets are cool with robbery then ill do it.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... Same as last year except getting the #2, making the WCF, and being probably the second best team in basketball.... Also making the team more attractive to players.

Yup almost the same as losing in the first round to Portland in 6.