1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Red Rowdy Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 00rocketgirl, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's a good thing if you can't hear the Rowdies. That means the crowd, the other 17,950 in the arena are making noise. Today's game was particularly good. The hand out they had today was pretty damn good. I can hear them being beat in unison, which was pretty awesome to tell you the truth. Miami isn't going to be walking through that door. We still have minnows like Toronto, Memphis, and New Jersey coming in. I think. I don't just want to hear the Rowdies, I want to hear first time fan, long time fan, casual fan, hardcore fan make some damn noise.

I wish we were like Boston or Philly. If Santa Clause was there, and he had on a Mavericks shirt, I'd boo the crap out of Santa.

You guys should bust out with Seven Nation Army with out the music just because it would be fun.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CXCj0EPKxMQ?hd=1" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Some soccer match.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sm1FkS-Svlg?hd=1" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Some Ohio school. GOLD PANTS.
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Au5mbedLKoA?hd=1" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I sit in 421, I can hear them plenty.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

umm, Kam, they kinda already do before the jumpball in the beginning of the games, never noticed? :p

EDIT: my bad u meant the whole stadium

I can hear them too in the same section up top :)

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A Kenny Smith Jersey? whoa!

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Haha no it was an Ish Smith jersey!
    I was actually ridiculed outside by some girl and her boyfriend for wearing it.

The game was a great experience and was impressed with how much rocketgirl was getting into it (and the Heat). There was one guy in front of us though who wasn't impressed every time we were yelling. Why sit that close if you aren't going to cheer?

Intended to make a thread and post some photos but really have zero idea how to include photos.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

go to http://tinypic.com/

choose resize = message board

and cut and paste the code on clutchfans.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Cheers tinman much appreciated.

7. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Josh Is white. I know who you are. You tried out this year to be a Rowdy at the Lakers Rockets Hooters viewing party and didn't make it. You kept calling us your "rowdy family" before the season and added about 10 of the Red Rowdies on Facebook before trying out. You wanted to be one of us, you didn't make it, and now you are trying to dog on a group you wanted to be a part of.

Don't deny it.I know who you are. This as proof.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5598471&postcount=28

2 people like this.
  8. delishman

delishman Member

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

wtf does that mean?

1 person likes this.
  10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Oh it's always Kam time.

Except, in 10-15, maybe 30 minutes. I need to sleep.

11. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Being a rowdy is a pretty serious time investment, and making it to games rain or shine (or deathly sick as I was last night) can be a challenge - but you'll never have more a better time at a sporting event. Everyone I've brought to games with me this season has raved about it and told me that they can't wait to be a rowdy again.

Even before I was a rowdy, watching them romp through the arena and stand up the whole game was infectious, and made for a better fan experience. Its an extremely diverse crew, and everyone gets along and is there to have fun. 114 is by far the best section in the house.

Anyone ripping them is just jealous or is a "sit down, shut up" fan - exactly the kind we need less of at Toyota Center.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea need to pick up some of the european-mentality in sports.
    Your chants are too simple or uncreative. Problem is the fans of one team aren't chanting/working together.
    Example from Germany:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr6aTI1x3AI&feature=related

If ya had this atmoshpere in Toyota Center, the opponents ft% would be under 40%. :grin:

13. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

that would be AWESOME!!

If we had even half of the college basketball type atmosphere in Houston, it would be hell on the opponents!

14. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

LOL!! Damn

15. blink52y

blink52y Member

OUCH. CALLED OUT. nice

16. htownrocketman

Josh_is_White we'd rather not have a half azz fan like you supporting our team.. Rocketgirl just exposed you for the fraud that you are.. GTFOH!!!

17. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Well played.

18. delta69er

delta69er Member

really? I've been to a few games and they've made their presence known to me...

19. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

ya thats me alright not gonna deny it...i did try out but didnt make it and im glad. All of yall have over sized egos. The only 2 that come 2 represent is jessie and michael. Like i said i sit in club not even 6 sections from all of u and i never hear any of yall but jessie with his horn and i see michael doing his thing.

20. htownrocketman

Your like the guy who didnt get the hot chick and then says "Thats OK, she was ugly anyway"... LOL

HATER!!! Do us all a favor and drink... and then drive off a cliff...