1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I give you that. Lin was pretty good with Dan Tony and in his system. Not in any other system though.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Come on man give it up. He is not worthy of starting. Even the Nets know that. He only played 36 games but 37 point guards averaged more minutes. He couldn't even get starter minutes on a bad team.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you mean he played 36 out of 82 games
    was on the worst team in the NBA

Starting Guard Material
    Rockets - starting then demoted
    Lakers - starting then demoted
    Hornets -backup point guard

4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

yes, injury and his team record are definitely his own fault

5. tinman

Supporting Member

He's had a history of injuries and durability issues
    You want Morey to trade for Derick Rose and Greg Oden?
    you seriously think you want him over Beverly?

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He wasnt dumped by the Rockets because he was injured. It was because he couldn't cut it here. Was demoted to the bench and still ended up hurting us in a spectacular fashion. Besides, Rockets had to give up a pick just for some team to bite. That's the best Rockets could get for this guy in the trade market, giving up another asset. Let that sink in.

And that team that he was sent to? All they wanted was the pick. They dumped him once the season was over. He couldn't even cut it on the Lakers, one of the worst teams in the league. Lost his starting spot to a rookie. One season there and over 75% of Lakers fan wanted him gone. He was pretty much dead last in that poll.

He should have stayed on the Hornets. That's his ceiling. Coming off the bench for a mediocre team and making an impact. Help them when he gets hot and when he does not, just stay glued to the bench. Hornets could live with his inconsistency. Accept that role off the bench and help the team.

Instead, what does this guy do?

Runs off to an even worse team because they are the only team in the league that can actually let this guy start. Why? Well, because they are the Nets. The guy was still hurting over Rockets and Lakers taking his starting spot away.

The guy literally shoved wining aside just so that he could try to be a hero and stat pad on the Nets. He wasnt even traded there. He actually ran to them as soon as the free agency began.

That should tell you what his priorities are: Brand name, starting role, hero ball.

Give me Pat Beverley, the guy with the heart and winner's attitude, over Jeremy, the hero-wannabe any day of the week.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

LOL, my god, you a**clowns just can't keep this sh*t in the other thread in Dish? Really?

Jontro and BigShasta like this.
  9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The Bulls were begging us for Bev and offering Gibson+ for him

ilovehtownbb and Zboy like this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Pat Riley and Heat love Pat.

Cavaliers were begging for Pat. Lebron still remembers Pat roughing him up.

You cant teach toughness, grit, and heart. That comes with your personality.

You cant measure them either. They just show up in the winning column.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. good luck wit dat

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

My God how times have changed..

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

why you mad tho

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am not.

I am actually laughing my ass off!

tinman likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I knew nothing good would come out of bumping a Lin thread in the GARM.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, I actually don't regard this as a Lon thread but more as a seminal thread in BBS History (to the extent there's dorks like you and me who even care about such a thing in the decade plus we've been here).

As I recall it, the @Clutch article that started this thread marked the inflection point from Russian leaguer/NBA cast off arguing for a spot in the rotation to beloved franchise cornerstone, if you can argue a role player is such a thing.

It's virtually unthinkable at this stage, perhaps even more so than Harden, to not think of Bev as anything but the ripped-from-chest, Temple of Doom-style beating heart of this era of Rockets basketball, and it's fun to watch him prosper from those humble origins. Makes us feel youngish again when we had heroes like that.

Wolverine forever - deserves its own thread. I'm serious

Os Trigonum and BigShasta like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It doesn't matter what the origin of this thread was. It was as much about Bev and about Lin. And you knew very well what would happen with a thread that has even a hint about Lin, let alone half of it.

It's not like "the numbers are clear" is not still a meme here. Nobody is forgetting about it. There are plenty of Beverley threads lately and deservedly so. It is clear as day light this is a gloating bump. It's like gloating at the North Koreans how much the American nuclear weapons are over theirs. Sure they'd get clobbered if they threw a missile our way. But do you really want to stir them up?

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^ sorry I neglected to have the Victorian fainting couch delivered to your home prior to hitting reply.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Beverley's really improved his game, especially his shooting. Doesn't change that he was scrub level before, especially when he wasn't 100%.