1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

i love this thread , please keep it alive. Cause it's proof, that the almighty can make sweeping statements. Got to say this jeremy lin is one tough nut to put down. Just when I thought he is finished and done. He comes out blazing like a 80s Sylvester Stallone. RAMBO/ROCKY all in one. so funny to watch .

2. Clarinetmonster

This is really simple - trade Lin/Asik plus most of the bench for Rondo - maybe throw in picks - and then let Rondo come off the bench for PBev. win win win.:)

3. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

all this talk about excretions has lured me back

4. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Yes, the hustle and energy he brings, because Lin is so lazy and un-energetic. I like Bev as a person, but he's such an overrated scrub, the Rockets' coaching staff and CF early join date posters are delusional to such a degree it's laughable.

Btw, have you checked out Lin's rebounding? Remember, McHale said near the beginning of the season that Bev is encouraged to go for rebounds, but he wants the other guards to get back on D.

What other team do you know of wants tons of rebounds from their starting PG? This is genius, innovative, out of the box thinking from McHale and staff!

5. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

The numbers are clear(ly misleading):

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Without Chris Paul on the floor this season, the Clippers have a better win pct AND are scoring more (105.1 with him and 108.9 without).</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/statuses/432197422383902720">February 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

lol, this guy

7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Already happened

8. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Lol, this guy.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This thread will never die as long as Lin is on the team.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Out of unrelated curiosity -- when the Rockets play the Spurs, who do you root for?

11. Clarinetmonster

Nor should it. Best. Thread. Ever.

12. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

I root for the guy who has to try to interview Pop at halftime. No actually I pray for the guy...

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I really don't understand how any fan LOF, casual etc can't get the point across that Harden and Lin's skillset significantly overlap? Lin is playing the Manu Ginoboli role and it's best that he do so on this team and that's that.

14. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

Is Bev overrated? Sure, I'll give you that. But he's a nice guy his teammates seem to like him and he really does hustle out there. Ill admit it does lead to some unnecessary fouls/defensive break downs but are you trying to say Lin is flawless? Some games he looks downright despondent and doesn't want to play (not lately of course) maybe if lin showcased his go-hard mentality all the time and stopped crying about little fouls then yea he should start. But until then, let Bev play, he doesn't demand the ball, but at the same time doesn't need the ball to play his game. My only complaint with Bev aside from possible offensive opportunity cost is Lin typically contains the man he's guarding a little better and is a better body on defense for shot blocking/rips and rebounds etc.

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Crying about little fouls, really? Do you want to rephrase that? I think if you spent a day getting pounded by the elbows and shoulders that Lin gets in an attempt to stop from driving you would think second about calling them little fouls. The team works better with Lin coming off the bench. Especially the way McHale is using Lin now but crying about little fouls is one of the dumber things someone has posted in this thread full of dumb posts.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

You should go watch a basketball game IRL. While the amount of flopping etc currently is rediculous there is ALOT of contact that goes on. I don't think you understand how physical basketball can be, and an impartial observers knows that Lin deals with his fair share of getting chopped/hacked etc.

17. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Didn't read article but pretty sure I know what it's going to say. Only thing clear, since I've been coming onto Clutchfans, is that Clutch is not a big fan of Lin. That's not a big deal itself but as somebody who runs a Rockets forum, he should at least try not to show his bias so much. Sure he's entitled to his opinion but Clutch clearly enjoys winding up Lin fans with thread titles like this one, which for a forum admin, is a bit unseemly to be trolling in this manner.

Now on to the Bev starting over Lin debate. Yes, I'm a Lin fan but I really like Bev too, both for his tenacious playing style and he seems a good person too. Within the role of this current team set-up, and having to play around Harden, then yes, it's not such a bad choice to start Bev over Lin, but Lin is clearly the better offensive player whilst Bev is a better in-your-face defender, which the coaching team prefer to start games with. As a bench player, Lin is definitely benefiting the team by carrying the offensive load with the second unit but he should definitely be the primary ball handler, when Harden is off the court, if the Rockets are to use him properly. Let him attack the rim and see what comes from it, whether it's him making the basket or kicking out to an open teammate. He's one of the best in the league for points off drives so he should be encouraged to do it as often as possible. Rather than say Bev deserves to start, it should be that Bev is possibly better suited to start, however, there is a good case for Lin starting too, as the defensive drop off is very slight with Lin starting, but it's a toss up, so not really going to say whether Bev starting is wrong or right. Regardless of who starts, I do enjoy watching both play and they do seem to have good chemistry together.

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

I like that potentially the most infamous thread ever created on GARM was started by the site owner.

1 person likes this.
  19. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Is this a question to try and ascertain if I'm a LOF?

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes: