1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Clarinetmonster

[​IMG]

:grin:

2. yummyhawtsauce

rondo cant shoot or make his FTs

3. yummyhawtsauce

I don't think it's the pep talk but rather he found his groove back with his last few games.

4. jocar

jocar Member

This sounds idiotic. Especially after tonight's game.

By the same cynical token we could just as easily say...

We can all see you're a huge Lin fan and try to paint him in the best light, even if that means shifting the blame and making Harden appear to be the only one with a problem here. Yes, he sometimes does too much, but to assume his motives are purely selfish says more about you and your cynicism, than it does, him. You have no idea about who they are or what their relationships are like, other than by watching interviews and games.

Lin's meekness is his own glaring weakness (he's sometimes a just a boy) playing in a professional league of grown men. Great nights like tonight are his for the taking. His main deterrent isn't Harden or Mchale, it's himself. It would keep you honest if you'd accept this, just for once.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I can't imagine anyone could play defense as aggressively as Bev whilst playing offense as aggressively as Lin when he's playing well unless they were from krypton or something, they both have styles that are incredibly physically demanding on one side of the ball.

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It's idiotic to say it didn't happen when it did. That's what's idiotic. I am not trying to paint Harden as a bad boy just stating what most are aware of, sometimes Harden ISO's to much for the good of the team. There were times earlier when he refsed to get involved in the offense when Lin was running the offense. McHale has called him out on it. Parsons said they moved the ball around better without Harden.

I am a Rocket fan. I do like Lin but I can see what is obvious to me irregardless of who I like or dislike. I will be the first to say Lin, after starting off very consistent has been a roller coaster of inconsistency and the first to say Harden played very well tonight and contributed in a manner that is very conducive to winning.

There are no absolutes here and enough mistakes to go around. I thought McHale ran the rotation very well tonight but Parsons could have gotten more minutes. I thought Beverly and Lin played very well and DMo while playing well on defense made some mistakes out there. You can say what you will but I have a rocket fan longer than you. I will be Rocket forever and far after Lin and Harden are a part of the team, God willing.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yes. And Clutch must know that Lin reads (or even posts :eek: ) on ClutchFans so it makes sense. It would be funny if Lin is a LOF on here.

8. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Would he be excreted out of Lin or Beverly?

9. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

For Lin, it is all about confidence and swagger. He is getting better. Hopefully he keeps his mojo this time.:grin:

10. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

It really is, he's a completely different player when his confidence is high. You can see it in the way he carries himself.

11. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Yea. That'd cause us a lot more money tough :grin:. A player closely resembled with both Lin and PB is probably Chris Paul.

12. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Jicarilla movin to the dark side. Sith

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The closest thing to this Lin-Beverley combo:

[​IMG]

14. SevenMinuteAbs

I think we need to take the qb approach with him. Sometimes they need to hit some screens and hitches to build up their confidence/get in a groove. When he gets a chance to attack the basket early and finds success, usually that means he'll play a better game.

or LeBron.

15. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

He is still young in his NBA career. He will have ups and downs. As Rockets fans, we should always support our players as long as they are members of Rockets. I'd argue that we should even support them more when they have downs.

"A fan is indeed when a player is in need :grin::grin::grin:"

Hopefully, from Lin's recent performance, our coaching staff will have a little longer leash and a little more trust and confidence on Lin:grin:.

16. Clarinetmonster

Too short - and too fundamental (read boring but effective) and shoots 3 more like AB. Try again.

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

what do you mean by this? A player who shoots 40% behind the 3 point line? Sounds perfect for our team

18. Clarinetmonster

We were talking about fusing together LIn and Bev (both of their strengths) and people were trying to imagine what that player might be like. I didn't agree with the Lowry comparison - although his D is not unlike Bevs, the rest of it is not really a match. Just having funsies.

19. ling ling

ling ling Member

These numbers are horrible.

One number shows a solid player with no upside.
    One number shows a dynamic player with inconsistencies.

The average of the stats may be higher for the solid player today, but the team should not play for today. Today's stat only get you to 1st round exit.

You always play the dynamic player work on getting him more consistant. When he does get more consistant, he will leap frog the solid player multiple times.

It's like draft picks, Do you pick high upside player or nba ready player in the lottery? The nba ready player would contribute more to winning 'today'.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Indeed. Kyle Lowry is BETTER than the combo of Beverley and Lin. If he weren't such a injury risk/headcase I'd love to trade for him and give him a big contract.