1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Manimal at the four could be a boost to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Madclownpacasum

Yah. I know hes a good system coach but when it comes to adjustments hes very low. I hope he sees this and make the game more unpredictable and stay ready for the right time to adjust. Especially in the playoffs and Finals we get that far

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You quoted yourself.

Very Chris Hansen voice : why don’t you have a seat

biff17, Game7, xaos and 5 others like this.
  3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

What are you local guys hearing?

Is it safe to assume KF was butthurt about not playing in the playoffs and won’t return for that reason?

amaru and RudyTBag like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

He's 100% not returning.

baller4life315 likes this.
  5. Caprah

Caprah Member

When the Rockets give Bennett of all people a contract that tells you all you need to know what they think of Faried.It is virtually guaranteed he won’t be returning

BaselineFade likes this.
  6. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

Everyone who wants to keep KF @ big money are the same people who were happy to give Cato that big contract.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

If only stars fit your system and some rarely and hardly obtainable role players you gotta question the system..i have no doubt 50 % if not all of these unplayable players would contribute under kerr pop or some other decent coach

how come nene was unplayable then become playable next year?

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Non- guaranteed contract.

9. Caprah

Caprah Member

Still signed ahead of faried

10. Madclownpacasum

Please sign faried already. He can play 4 and 5

RocksMillenium likes this.
  11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The Rockets need to put the calculator down & resign Faried. He's a top tier center as far as a backup. There is virtually no reasonable explanation for not bringing him back

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

That's a bad comparison. Cato was given at the time a massively starting center contract KF would get a solid 6th man contract, less money and shorter length. So you're comparisons is terrible.

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I agree, he is a perfect fit for this team, an intense, highly energy player, particular up front in a Western Conference that just got bigger, especially with the disappearance of the Warriors.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Faried at the minimun shouldn't be this complicated. He must really not want to play with the Rockets.

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Exactly. We're talking about a guy who came in since day one & produced at a high level. He had a few bad games, but that's ANY guy coming to a new team. For some reason, Mike Dumbtoni started jackin around with the lineup towards the end of the regular season. There's absolutely no reason not to play Faried going into the playoffs, especially when MDA played Shumpert

Cstyle42 likes this.
  16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Makes no sense to give playoff choker and I mean big time playoff choker House a 11 million dollar contract and make no offers to the Manimal. He didn’t choke as he was never given the opportunity to choke against GS.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like KF but man he’s overrated by some around here.

Solid 6th man? Ya right dude is a vet minimum one year player at this point.

Top tier backup center? Guys 6’7 he’s fine but he’s not a center tbh and he’s bad on D.

He’s a nice offense player and rebounder in MDA offense.

I don’t think any team in the league can use him better than Houston can and he was pretty bad in the playoffs and MDA and the coaching staff new that.

That’s why his minutes started decreasing down the stretch because it became clear he couldn’t help against GS. He’s just a poor defender all around.

IvanLCPM, lilbird20 and jordnnnn like this.
  18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yes. Our biggest weakness ALL season was rebounding, yet one of our most aggressive rebounder gets no play? I usually defend MDA but these are the things that make me question him as a elite coach. Kerr had no problem playing Looney

D-rock likes this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

His defense was that bad. You can say he didn't get a fair shake, but even when he was getting heavy minutes while Capela was out, his defense was horrendous. I get that we won a game while he played the 4 against GSW in the RS, but man that doesn't mean anything.

I guess I would of gave him more of a chance myself, but understand why coach held him back.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Looney's a much better player. I would have given Faried some burn, though, in spots here and there, just to see what he would do. The guy's truly clueless on defense, though. Still, we could have used his rebounding. What we really could have used was a better bench.

IvanLCPM likes this.