1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The greatest Houston Rocket comeback ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 15, 2015.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

at the time i was hoping dwight would pull out a judo move and flip this fool into the basket stanchion

2. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

I re-watached game 6 five times in 2 days. That was a awsome game.

1 person likes this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think that's right. 68? That doesn't make sense. LA in it's wins - that doesn't even total up to 75.

We won games by 12,13,25, and 6.

So it's -19 at best.

5. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I think he meant the point differential in the first four games when the team is down 1-3, not from the entire series.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Looks like the point differential in the first 4 games?

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I admit to giving up on the live watching during games 3 and 4.

What can I say. There's onky so much you can take when you just know the team has more in them.

For whatever reason... Probably because it was going to be the last game that counted I'd see for 5+ months, I kept Game 6 on. I'm so so glad I did.

The run that started at the end of the 3rd is some of the most enjoyable basketball Ive ever watched. It's obviously personal for us and me to rank it so high but it is.

I'm trying to think of 15 minute stretches that meant more and were more exciting and amazing in my 25+ years of watching Rockets bball... And not sure I can think of any. Definitely some mini moments, couple minute stretches etc that rank just as highly. The last few minutes leading up to the kiss of death. Clyde's second half in I think Game 5 of that Suns series was awesome. 4th quarter game one against the Magic. 4th quarter Game 3 against the Knicks (created big balls Sam).

But non of them seemed so close to utter craptitude and despair. And non of them had the other team, who by virtue of playing 6/7 games in a series you have grown to hate, completely choking. Cause as great as the Rockets were, the Clips just choked. And as much as I'd love to have CP3, Blake and DJ on the Rockets, they're annoying as crap. Lob City crap. Ref complaining while being the ultimate floppers. That's knob-slobbery from the media from having beaten the Spurs.

I do not recommend re watching game 6 in its entirety. But pick a point mid-way through the third and watch from there and it will NEVER get old. As a Rockets fan, when they're replaying it on NBA-3D in 35 years I'll watch it every time.

Now... There's only one thing that will make it better. Championship baby.

1 person likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

as i replied to deckard in the game thread, we all endured a lot to finally get hereā€¦..watching some 1500+ games over the past 18 years to finally be in the 3rd round again

part of me is actually pissed that morey didn't use that NOP draft pick to try and get a starting point guard to blast these terra cotta warriors off the court this tuesday, because i know how rare these opportunities come

and another part of me just hopes these players learn from these games and stay healthy next year for a return back

and then another part of me just says f***, maybe harden will drop 45 on tuesday and steal homecourt :grin:

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's just insane. And a testament how improbable this comeback was.

I don't think I've seen anything ever like it.

10. hradhak

hradhak Member

I think during the game 7 broadcast they said the likelihood of victory in 3rd when they were down by 19 was 0.1%. So yeah it's about as improbably as it gets.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Brilliant

Rocket River

12. ibm

ibm Member

this is the single funniest moment in this year's playoffs. i will still not forget this 20 years from now. hahaha, its just too funny.

13. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Best thing about it was Dwight just ignored him all the way, didn't react at all... classic.

15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I still can't believe this ****. How did we do this...

16. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Absolutely fantastic!

17. ibm

ibm Member

dwight was like,,, fuvk off, man, cant you see i am working on the rebound. :cool:

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

gif ended too quickly, he got the rebound!!!

19. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

How is this not a flagrant foul?

20. hmurry5

hmurry5 Member

It's funny looking at it now, but yeah at the time I was wondering the same thing.