1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The fascinating trade for Terrence Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2010.

1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i really doubt.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think Stoudemire-Paul + role players does this and more. If I'm Walsh I'd have my eye on Paul more than Anthony, though the pending relocation/sale of the Hornets makes movement of Paul unlikely at the present time.

There's multiple ways to read Felton's success, I sort of look at it like Rafer's success - not to compare him physicallly to Rafer - but in the sense that in the Rafer days, as Rafer went, so went the Rockets for the most part. When he played well, they were hard to stop (22 wins in a row, e.g.)...when he had off nights, those 3-11's really began to add up.

Now Felton is obviously better than Rafer, but if your team's fortunes are going depend largely on the success of the bus driver, as D'Antoni's teams tend to, I'd rather have Paul driving the bus on a nightly basis than Anthony. Who knows though, Felton may in fact be having a Chauncey Billups-esque late blooming period and become an All Star quality PG, the Knicks will have time ot figure ths out given Paul's limbo status.

3. alethios

alethios Member

Apparently it's a good size for backup centers.

signed,
    C.H.

4. YaoMingsSoulja

TWill obviously has that cocky attitude which could get him into trouble but i think adelman is a good coach for dealing with those types of players. Overall, im pretty excited about this trade :grin:

5. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

nice. though "C.H." should be playin back up PF behind Luis Scola and Jordan Hill ;)

6. alethios

alethios Member

Agreed ;)

7. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Morey is just filthy for trading the Knicks pick and especially to the Nets? Thats just extra filthy. Good job Morey :cool: . Hopefully someone can help T-Will's attitude.

8. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Id like to see some low lights.

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....the irony is a NY team built around Melo/Stoudamire isn't built to stop the Heat because they would lack good wing defenders to slow down LBJ+Wade and they don't have enough bigs who do the dirty work to take advantage of a Heat's relative lack of rebounding/interior defense. Essentially they are constructed like a big 2 to matchup to the Heat's big 3 only with 2 lesser players than what the Heat has. That's the brilliance of Boston and LA's more well rounded teams.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Fantastic read clutch, very informative, thank you. I agree there will be at least one more trade, too many rotation players. As we saw at the start of the season, that many rotation players can actually damage team chemistry.

This team needs a legit closer, there are guys who can do it on occasion, I just want to see someone lead on the court on a consistent basis.

Things are going to get very interesting from now till February regarding personell changes, not to mention we have some games to win in the meantime.

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Fixed.

Seriously if there were a draft day trade where we traded cash plus a lotto protected 1st for the 11th overall pick, we would be celebrating.

Sorry. 11th. Edited. Fixed my fix lol.

#71 BleedRocketsRed, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....so the character issues/headcase tag comes exclusively from the recent tardiness to practice right? Was there anything else?

This probably has something to do with butting heads with Avery Johnson right? As I recall, when Johnson took over in Dallas, didn't he bump heads with their better young players there as well? I'm not excusing Williams, but I think it's important to note Avery's history with sending younger players out of the organization(Devin Harris comes to mind).

For NJ though, this probably had more to do with making a serious run at Melo than Terrence necessarily being unruly.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think attitude and work ethic are totally different.

He needs to improve his work ethic, but I hope he has a fiery attitude.

14. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Your a Fake fan...

15. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Somebody needs to find out what that tattoo on his left shoulder is all about : "Gods Gift".

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Only thing was he was fined for being late and he kept coming in late even after he got fined.

I had a dog like that once, kept gnawing at my furniture and things, tried to discipline him but he kept at it. Finally had to get rid of him.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

definitely a project, he's not Maxwell yet. Maxwell's issues were off the court and he had issues getting Ts during the game.

But it will be a new situation with new teammates and stronger personalities, he didn't really have that in New Jersey.

plus he's got Rick the Ruler, and you don't want to mess with the ruler

18. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I like the kid. Just can't figure out when the hell he'll ever get any PT.

19. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Williams was a 11th pick.

Taylor trade has nothing to do Williams trade except making room.

32nd pick+ 4 million cash+ lottery protected 1st round pick for a 11th pick with a bad attitude on a worst team? That's a steep price compared to how we got 8th pick Hill.

20. worzel gummidge

Maybe he'll get Ish's minutes at PG?