1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] The Day T-Mac Lost the City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I used to be angry at Tracy about the Toronto game, the surgery announcement, and his departure in general, but over time I realized that was more than balanced out by all the good times we had with him. Seriously, it's 2013. Time to get over it.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Still? Lets move on and stop living in the past. You guys are so sad. More obsessed with tmac than the biggest tmac fan smh

4. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Disgusting.

5. The Law

The Law Member

My wife was PISSED when everyone gave him a standing ovation. I just laughed as she went on a rant to anyone in our section who would listen.

I don't care one way or another...I live in the now and I am more concerned with this years team.

6. jedicro

jedicro Member

I was as mad as everyone else back when he quit on the team, but time heals wounds and I appreciate what he did for us when he was here.

I was cheering for him last night.

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Mac pulled us out of the Francis/Mobley era. For that, he'll always be one of my favorite Rockets. Sure, it ended badly, but most breakups with a star player do.

Way more positive memories than negative ones, for me.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I love how people pick out one game to nag the guy on. He was here for several years. He led the team to a 22 game win streak on a bum body. He had one of the most incredible one man come backs in the history of the NBA. Tracy before his injuries took over, put up numbers that only Lebron and MJ had put up in the playoffs. Game 2 against Dallas. Incredible player.

People are either stupid or acting like a bunch of bored women.

Did he act like an idiot on his way out? Absolutely. But it was apparent his knee was shot. Good lord.

1 person likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Without Tracy wanting to leave the Rockets, we couldn't trade him to the Knicks.
    That was the event that started the process which eventually got us James Harden and Dwight Howard.

Thank you Tracy for volunteering to clear Cap space for Morey!

10. tinman

Supporting Member

you need to change that to the first round of the playoffs because he never advanced when he was a starter.

I would take LeBron or MJ, one thousand percent over tmac.

yes Game 2 was great and so was his performance in Game 6 of that series.

You're missing game 7 and other facts about him. Kinda like you are DNPing on the whole story.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

You got a keeper dude. Congrats!

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

If Les is over it then I am too.

13. tmacfor35

I would take them 1000 percent as well! But after a good amount of first round failures, Jordan got his team over the top. When Jordan retired his team advanced without him.

The facts are, Mcgrady played with piss poor role players. Had he played with Artest and Yao in 09. That team advances a few times. Tracy was a great player. I think you undermine his career a bit too much.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

The Rockets only advanced once in the Yao era.

I don't undermine his career, I know what it is. People romanticize about his talents and certain game performances and easily put the blame on others for his career.

He's responsible for his career. for leaving or staying, for liking a team or city. the coaches.

Tracy Mcgrady fans LOVE JVG, but hated the role players for JVG.
    well guess what? the roles players were there because of JVG. It's not coincide we had like 10 ex-Knicks on the squad.

Just like it's not coincidence we got a bunch of ex-Kings when we got Adelman.

15. tmacfor35

Oh Tracy couldn't make water in to wine like the best could. I find it funny though because Yao never got too much blame in the Mcgrady era for failure to advance. Mcgrady was the superior player by far, but Yao got away with a free pass. I loved everything about Yao except his attitude toward being the best. He was never aggressive enough to be considered a superstar, although it appeared that way that one season he got injured half way through while maintaining a 25ppg average. That's why I always liked Dwight more, because he was aggressive and effected the game more.

End of the day, it was a major fail from 05-09. Major.

16. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Yall still crying about T-Mac and the stupid toronto game. get over it.

17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

T-Mac with the warm welcome from Rockets fans last night.

Suck it tinman.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

They were happy to see him not quitting on the rockets

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Good to know the city of Houston has stopped being collective bunch of cry babies.

While I appreciate Tmac's contributions to the organization, I moreso appreciate his contributions to the less fortunate, specifically his work in Africa.

For those who hate him....Congratulations, you booed a humanitarian, which makes you garbage human beings.

#perspective

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Justin bieber helps build schools in Guatemala.