1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Day T-Mac Lost the City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

I didn't think it was possible, but there is something that makes me feel worse than running on 2 hours of sleep and taking brutal finals all day. It is running on 2 hours of sleep and taking brutal finals all day and being reminded of how much I loathe Tracy at the same damn time.

Great article, but now I really am going to flip the **** out if I see this guy on the court in a Rockets jersey ever again. My brain had blacked that game out of my mind.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm eagerly looking for the McGrady apologists to come out of the woodwork now. Unfortunately, the biggest McGrady blinded supporters seems to avoid this thread like H1N1.

McGrady die-hard-ons, where are you at??

3. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

try reading the last couple of post genius

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's clear he was limping when he was moving around. Now that someone brought up this was the same game he complained about his touches i take back some of what i said. However, the limping is evident, whether it was fake or not i dont know, no one does. Personally i think he was hurting. that's why he didnt even try to jump at Moon and him staying at halfcourt allows him to be "in the offense" without running too much and when it's time to get back on D he wouldnt have to run much since he'd play D on the perimeter.

Do i think the whole situation should be excused/forgiven? No, he shouldn't have complained and shouldnt have been out there if he couldn't play well enough. But having suffered from similar injuries myself recently i'm not as apathetic towards this than i was last year. I realize it's possible to feel like you can go and then have something tighten up or tweaked during play..hes damned if he does play injured, and damned if he doesn't. Maybe he tried to go, then got upset he was out there risking his health and playing injured and wasnt even being givent he ball, of course he prob wouldnt be able to do much with it anyway, but that's the tough situation he was in, he just didnt handle it well . ...so for that reason i'm not ready to run him off like others, i think he should be given a chance to play, wins fans back, and let's go from there....in the end, that could be the best case scenario for him AND Houston

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Bummer, maybe I wanted my hopes up.. but yeah, totally missed the reference. 22 wins in a row was great too... so 13 in 35, a Bradley poster with the gravity sucked out of the building, and the streak.

Three things in 5 years ain't so bad?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wait, what?

No excuses?

Come on, he was clearly injured right? He was in pain? He just couldn't go?

He was....ah hades....pure BS, the guy is a quitter has been his whole life.

Ship his but to Greece, we need a new Tmac.

:grin:

DD

#46 DaDakota, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Clutch u r a hater and should be banned!!!

8. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

Oh also I am reminded that the day after that game is when I started slapping bandaids all over my McGrady fathead. Hey Tracy you owe whoever gave me that present $100 for something that never shouldv'e been in my home. Now it resides in a dumpster somewhere.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Oh right. you mean this gem of a post

Back from where? The only fans that will welcome him back with open arms without any resistance are the ones that still have a McGrady jersey they are in dire need to wear.

McGrady is still a scorer, no doubt about that, but to the Rockets fans that have followed this team through thick and thin, those are the ones that will be harder to win back and, in my own fantasy world I guess, I imagine those are the ones worth having.

10. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I am a McGrady supporter.

Not because I care for his attitude or plethora of excuses, but because I understand what it takes to win. A tall, cerebral player with a great mid range jumper and natural playmaking ability is a difference maker come playoff time. And it's beautiful to watch once the wheels get in motion. These scrappy Rockets are cute but they don't have the ability to beat the best teams. And as a fan of excellence, I don't want to walk into every big game knowing a david vs. goliath type performance is needed.

I think the fickle nature of Clutch and the rest of the scathing media shows when everyone rushes to jump on the dog pile while he's out. It's deplorable. Detestable. Petty. Stop looking for personality traits to relate to and understand the difference between good and great. TMac might not be the best fit or have all the answers, but he's done more than enough in his career to justify being given a chance to prove himself.

You can only do what your body allows you to. Give him time - he might be getting old, but he's smart, gifted, and has a thing or two to prove.

11. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

morey has to at LEAST get a few picks for mcgrady, ... something...

would morey really just let it happen on mcgrady's terms?

12. joesr

joesr Member

As with your articles, well done. Can I get a encore?

13. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

Thank you Clutch. Seriously. That was awesome.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tmac was bad last year, beyond bad at certain points. i've never really defended his actions last year outside for the fact that i think he truly was injured (while others say he's not).

but seriously, if you watched game 7 of the lakers v. suns of the 05-06 series, kobe was even worse than tracy mcgrady in the 2nd half. not even close. and it was a playoffs game. and then he demanded a public trade afterward, along with dissing his own teammate. i think that was just as worse if not more. the fans still didn't care b/c he has won as a laker, and continue to win as a laker.

tracy hasn't played any games for the past 10 months. if he comes back and do what he should do with his level of talent, he's going to earn some respect back. and if he helps us win (if he stays), he's going to earn back a lot of fans he lost. it's basketball. it's a sport. it's what have you done for me lately.

regardless of what people say, i look forward to him coming back.

15. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

He lost me the season before in that Philly game in Philadelphia. That's when I knew you can't count on him in a foxhole. What a range of emotions after that Philly game because I didn't want to say outloud what I knew inside because doing so meant confirmation of no championship aspirations. I know these are singular games in a season of 82 games but it says alot about the character of the person when things don't go as planned.. I can't have blind faith on someone like that. To each their own ... some people prefer to sweep it under the rug ... I can't because I thought him as a person of high regard on the court.

#55 rocketsregle, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  16. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

... if I've lost Clutch, I've lost Houston.

[​IMG]

17. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

This.

18. ApuN

ApuN Member

To me its very simple,

Those who continue to support Tmac at this point are not Rocket Fans.

They are Tmac fans.

I just hope when he gets shipped outta here--please all you Tmac apologist,
    please go with him and leave the board to real Rocket Fans.

Its just that simple.

19. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

hmm. the timing of this is a lil fishy Clutch. Dec 15 is an important day :cool:

and o. i completely agree that T-Mac was a diva last season. but that doesnt make me forget his high points.. I just hope he is traded / starts playing before things get messy..

afterall.. I love the bad-guy-turning-good-guy stories.. i hope t-mac can pull it off. but yeah.. as Clutch says.. we can never count on him.

20. raj87

raj87 Member

Great post, Ronny. I agree that in the NBA, you must have a great playmaker that commands double teams in order to succeed, particularly in the single elimination NBA postseason, where all of your weaknesses are exposed for all to see on national television. This is not the NCAA my fellow fans!