1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Day T-Mac Lost the City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

T-Mac gets frustrated (maybe due to his injury) and takes a few plays off.

Ariza gets frustrated (can't make a basket) and takes a whole game off.

If we are going to hold grudges, something to think about.

1 person likes this.
  2. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Tmac didn't take a few plays off, he basically clocked into work, sat in his executive chair, propped up his feet on the desk, crossed his arms, put his cap over his eyes, and basically collected a game check.

How do you compare an act of apathy to an act of impassioned frustration? If only Tmac would take a swing at Jamario Moon instead of doing the matador defense, he'd be in better standing with at least this fan.

4. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

I hate people who do not show enough effort when it matters. As a professional athlet, you got to be mentally athletic, that is once you are on the court, in competition, you need to hussle, use all your effort (apply your will) no mater if you have one leg left.

I guess Tracy has attitude problem and need to get it changed. No teammates will like to play with players who frequently quit. Losing game does not always hurt the team chemestry if everyone hussled, but quiting does.

All said, if Tracy has right atittude toward losing and competing (he showed that in that last 13 seconds in the Spurs game), the frachise should give him a chance to play and compete. If he is not ready (attitude wise), he should stay away from the team and think his way back.

two cents

5. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Ariza didn't take a game off. He is suspended. Big difference.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Big difference is what you get when you compare their salaries.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why can't you guys let a person try to make amends and give the guy a chance to play???

what's the use in holding on to the past...let him play and let's see what he can do for us.

1 person likes this.
  8. TranMcGrady

TranMcGrady Member

9. VBG

VBG Member

So a guy plays on one leg for the fans and to try and not be a quitter and that is a problem?

1 person likes this.
  10. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Sigh... another T-Mac thread. OH SNAP Clutch wrote it!? COOL STORY, CLUTCH.

1 person likes this.
  11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I know it isnt Rockets related or even basketball related...

Why does no one think Moss quit on Sunday? But T-Mac did?

You know what I mean.. just thought I'd ask..

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Havent read any of this thread, but I'd just like to add that TMac is a puss.

A big, hairy one.

13. TranMcGrady

TranMcGrady Member

Calling people names is cool right? :confused:

14. rockets_fanatic

He tried to take the guy out because the ball was stolen and he missed some shots. What a poor excuse that is.

A great point was made. Unless it is Tracy this forum makes excuses for everyone on the roster.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

wow watching that game made me puke in my mouth a bit...

wtf was he doing, and wtf was he thinking

16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

So what if he didn't put in 100% against the raptors. I am tired of everyone that find every little thing to bash tmac about. So what if he gave up on that play against the raptors. Who cares, players get frustrated all the time.

Who ever that is still on this needs to get over it. Im tired of some people bring this same thing up every single time they hear the word Tmac. Just get over this. Tmac lead this team by himself more than Yao will ever in his career. Tmac struggle with one bad season and I think he deserves some support. Before that last season, he was the only guy that made this team look good. He made us look like contenders when we were no where near the elite. He led us to that remarkable 22 win streak.

His first round playoff losses is because he never has any help in the playoffs. Yao wasn't much of any help. And of course, if the team don't make it out of the first round, no matter how good of a player is and no matter how much and how hard he played, he will get the blamed just because he is our best player. Most of ya don't look at that. Most of you guys just look at the lost and point the fingers at him just because he is our best player and ya just look at the whole entire picture by the early playoff exit. Before ya do, look at our team at the time and look at what Tmac brought to the table.

No matter what, Tmac is still wearing an Houston Rockets uniform. I don't care how bad of a season he had last year. Every year is a new season. Stop with the Tmac bashing. I think real fans will support every single Rocket no matter what. Bash me if ya want. I am just another guy that supports everyone that wears a Houston Rockets jersey.

1 person likes this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol the 2009'ers are in full force! :grin:

18. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Enough with the Tmac hating. If you hate Tmac, I think Yao deserves the same treatment too.

19. mclawson

mclawson Member

Based on what, exactly?

20. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

1 person likes this.