1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Day T-Mac Lost the City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Well, I'd say that's pretty much it in a nutshell. A lot of people feel anger about it, but for me its more like crushing disappointment. I guess its why I'm still hoping, somehow, that McGrady comes back and redeems himself. For him to just slink away this season or in the offseason -- I don't know, it makes the last 4 years seem like a tremendous waste.

2. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

i dont really have anything to say for how mcgrady handled that situation, even though he was fustrated. But i do believe a lot changes if the guy can still help the team.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Clutch this is a fantastic article... well written and perfect timing (which I think you knew!)

Already retweeted it! Expect a lot of other people to pick it up (ie BDL)

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't care for it.

In my eyes being too injured to move and quitting are NOT the same thing.

When I see a poll and its 3:1 in favor of McGrady playing when Ariza is suspended, I have to think the majority probably agrees with me.

What I do know is there are a lot of vocal people who want to string him up, but I am not one of them.

Sorry.

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Something great is going to happen, believe me something great....

hmmmmmmm. Who'd had thought that he was only talking about 13 in 35...

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Oh my bad then, i didn't realize that had been in the same game, let's go to his house then and throws rocks at his windows :grin:

7. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

even though i cant argue what he did, People make the mistake of saying what happened last year is how it has been since he got to houston.. NOT TRUE.

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

That video is tough to stomach. McGrady is the antithesis of today's never-say-die scrappers playing in Rocket red. I wish him well... elsewhere.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i just want the team and mcgrady to part ways asap

soo much promise I was soo excited when he came here

that first year he was here was great, though a bit disappointing that they lost to dallas after the nice 2-0 lead there was so much to look forward to in Houston again since the days of Hakeem, Chuck and Clyde.

it sad the team is playing really well, 13-10 is very respectable considering other teams are doing worse with more talented rosters in the west, and most of the focus on the rockets is about mcgrady and not the team.

great piece Clutch it sums up everything in a nutshell, the highs and the lows.

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Oh Stevie don't get my hopes up too high! :)

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Dang I miss the good old days with the trivia....

Who was it Doc Rock or Old Man???

12. caneks

caneks Rookie

Excellent article. Toronto game is not the game changing my view. I was disappointed since the retirement statement.

13. raj87

raj87 Member

Everybody deserves a second chance at redemption. Let us all put our emotions to the side and welcome Tracy McGrady back with open arms.

14. Dream Shake 81

There will be a thread soon enough called

- " The day T-mac won the city for Houston BACK! "

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Pretty sure he was referring to the press conference Tracy had when he came to Houston that was something Tracy declared.

who knows it may be to sort of calm down the numerous posters who want tracy to play since it looks like Ariza will be suspended at least 1 game

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You see what you want to see, which actually works for everyone, but given his history with Toronto and Orlando, the guy just quit.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thanks Clutch,

A well written piece, one that embodies everything that some of us fans feel regarding Tracy.

A guy who has been pandered to his entire life, and quits when things get tough.

Quentin Richardson was right, get physical with TMac and he quits.....Tracy McGrady needed some Vince Young treatment early, instead all he got was more coaches pandering to his whims and hoping to make it work.

But when your character is flawed, there is no hiding the cracks when the shells start flying.

If Tracy was an officer, he would have been shot....by his own troops....

DD

18. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

Tracy Mcgrady has a lot of work to do, but i think he is gonna bring some of houston's fans back

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Curious this was posted the day before a trade hurdle falls.

hmmmmmm

20. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

dang, i am trying to fild falsehoods in the stroy and cannot. CLUTCH NAILS ANOTHER GOOD ONE.