1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Terrence Williams reads you, but that doesn't mean you're right

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 21, 2011.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

I openly admit I don't think much of TWill's potential. And if he proves me wrong I would be insanely happy to eat my crow.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The now generation see so much with the social networking that they have to read something about themselves. Tracy read this board a lot. Hell, in college, you want to know what people thought about you. I try to be honest about players without being a donkey. I can at least say I play d-1 ball and I've never called anyone a dumb player because I know how quick the game is. A lot of posters couldn't excute a basic offensive set at half speed, but they're quick to call someone dumb, especially a young player with limited experince.

3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Nice post Clutch. I guess a few of us have over-react a bit. But they like he said I am entitled to our opinions, I maybe wrong but I ........

4. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Wow Clutch that was awesome. Definitely agree with the other poster who said its time to change your sig.

I'm rooting for you T-Will.

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Very cool moment for ya Clutch :) fun to know that the players sometimes want to join in the community as well.

Since apparently Twill is reading this stuff, I'll address this to him.

I will forgive you for going to U of L if you get my Rockets to the second round of the playoffs this year ;) (I keed I keed!)

There are people here who are fans of basketball, then there are some who study the game and though they aren't as smart as NBA coaches their opinions do have some value.. The key is to ignore us all and do what Coach McHale says.

Also, don't say/do things that will put you in anyone's doghouse... as you can tell, it's hard to recover from. Be the person you want your kids to be, and treat others how you want to be treated.

Now ignore me and go shoot some jumpers!

1 person likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well put...

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Dear Terrence Williams,

You're reading the wrong forum. Come join us at the Debate and Discussion forum. Happy hour starts at 5.

Jontro

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Dude just needs to make smarter decisions with his play making and shot selection while not stopping ball/other players movement.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Twill, I'll tell you one thing, this town is aching for a basketball star. If you can break through to what apparently Daryl Morey thinks is your potential, and you chose to interact with the fans, you can own this town. It ain't The Big Apple or South Beach but we are committed fans (with rich corporate ties).

Just ask Scola and Chuck and Carl Landry. We reward effort with undying love. Get some!

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It's a good topic to bring up now and again - the age old "you can't talk, cause you're not a pro" idea.

Golic talks about it on Mike & Mike, and has a pretty sensible view about it.

The key point in his mind is that when talking, it can be respected when a fan says things like:
    "He constantly is tricked into jumping offsides"
    "He has a habit of slapping at the ball instead of playing defense with his feet"
    "He is late in his rotations"

vs

"He sucks"

The culture of the BBS is still geared more towards LMAO posts than it is genuine discussion, and if we want players to read our posts and come away with something, we need to demonstrate a level of thought and insight.

I try to do this when possible....but I'm also guilty as sin when it comes to panning certain players (Thabeet). I do try to elaborate on why I feel certain guys (Morrison) are a hopeless cause.

1 person likes this.
  11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans is just trying to find a WAG that is worthy of T-will...

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What always cracks me up is when player talk about folks that work a regular job - like basketball is so complex that those folks can't figure it out.

LOL - I mean basketball is the least complex out of all the sports it is not Rockets science - I would hazard a guess that a good number of 9-5ers know a lot more about basketball than some NBA players.

Just bizzare.

DD

13. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

He really didn't have to bring that up. Fans can critique T-Will or any other player all they want.. Until he becomes that super star that we want him/ every other player on this Rocket squad he better suck it up. I like the guy but I really just don't like those comments by him. He dropped a couple points in my book because of it.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He has a chip on his shoulder, doesn't like to be told what to do, you can tell in the photo shoot.

He needs to humble himself, change his attitude, and come out swinging...lots of guys with his athletiticism are out of the league because they just don't get it.

Twill needs to check himself, before he wrecks himself.

DD

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah. Just like the knowledge that you gain in college makes you an immediate professional in everything you learned about... right?

Yeah, basketball isn't mentally rocket science... but the physical condition that your body needs to be in to play the sport (and almost any other professional sport for that matter) is only achieved by maybe 2% out of the entire population of the United States. Also... knowledge doesn't make you a professional; experience does. You can know how to perform a crossover or a hopstep, but that doesn't mean you can do it...

1 person likes this.
  16. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

There you go again spewing nonsense.

:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  17. RedRedemption

Like I've said before.
    That attitude works for some. Being humble sometimes equates to being passive. See Bud? If that guy shot more then he could become a 20/5/5 player.

18. holpcs2

holpcs2 Member

A lot of you are hypocrites. You criticize T-Will and it's okay because you're entitled to your opinion, but if he criticizes you (as some of you claim he did with his "9-5" comment), then he's getting defensive and/or agrees with your professional assessment of him. Chat forums are good fun, entertainment, and fodder, but again, a lot of you guys are sensitive hypocrites.

2 people like this.
  19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Basketball at the NBA level is a complex sport, with many more nuances than most fans are aware of. I played bball in high school and some aau ball. When I was a manager my first two years in college for a D1 program (not a particularly good one, mind you), sitting in on coaches meetings and film study I realized just how much of the game I DIDN'T know, despite playing from an early age and watching games live and on TV regularly.

TWill's absolutely right. Because basketball is a game that everyone's able to play (as opposed to baseball for example), a lot of fans have an inflated idea of their knowledge of the game.

2 people like this.
  20. RedRedemption

Not to mention the game of NBA basketball is pretty invasive. People watching your every move on-court AND off-court.
    Some of you would crack under that pressure within a day. Softies.