1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Terrence Williams reads you, but that doesn't mean you're right

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 21, 2011.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch --

I think it's time to update your signature.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

WTF!!! It's T-Will thread-mania in here!!!:eek:

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's cool to finally have a player admit that he reads it...im sure there's many who do and won't say it. However, it seems like he wanted to admit it just so he could say it doesn't bother him. The thing is, that's when you know it is bothering him. And that's not entirely a bad thing. It says he cares about what he's doing or not doing and wants to know what people think of him, even if we are just "people behind a desk from 9 to 5."

It's kind of a slap in the face to fans, who are the reason why the NBA even exists, to bring up the 9 to 5 thing. It seems like that's the go to answer for many players who can't deal with the criticism internally and feel like they have to remind fans they aren't NBA players to blow off some steam. It wasn't quite like Lebron put it, but along the same lines, with a nicer delivery.

I like Twill more than i dislike him. I think he's got game, a lot of potential. I defended him a lot last year whenh e first got here, even for weeks after that. I understand RA isn't the easiest coach to talk to and he's too loyal to his vets, so that could have "locked up" Twill last season. However, i also know Twill has a problem with not doing things the way he wants, which is evident by how he acted durng the photo shoot (not wanting to remove his wristbands/tuck in his shirt). Some of that came out last season when he stepped on the court and seemed to stand around, as if refusing to buy into the offense. I think that was fairly obvious to anyone, even fans. That's not doing the job you are paid to do, period, and that's what irritates us.

A lot of players have a different perspective because they can argue they've "made it" once they entered the league, especially if they sign a guaranteed deal. Great job, long vacation, 6 figure salary, for many 7 figures, and their per diem is still like a $100. So while we're saying they suck and are scrubs, they are millionaires, aka: Winning! I think that's where the divide is, why some players who "suck" are so quick to talk back to fans. Fans don't understand why they talk, if they "suck", but it's because they've already reached significant success in life.

Anyway, I just hope there's more to these shout-outs than letting us know we're not always right. Why not offer to take part in a Q and A? Or give fans a chance to see more of Twill preparing for games, practicing, working out, etc...I realize that there's some of that in his PHD episodes, but maybe something specifically for Clutchfans?

At the end of the day, Twill just has to remember we only talk the way we do because we want to like him. Afterall, he is a Rocket, and this is a Rockets fan forum.

1 person likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The obligatory
    RELEASE the KRAKEN :grin:

5. rocketsmetalspd

Nice TWill visits the site and yes it is just opinions on here and like an Ahole, everyone has one and some stink more than others:grin:

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Repped !

DD

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'm glad I can add to the community :grin::grin::grin::grin: ;)

8. JMG524

JMG524 Member

T-Will seems like somebody who cares entirely too much about what people think of him. As a player in the NBA, he needs to understand that he's the product and we as fans, are the consumers who contribute to him earning a paycheck. So yes we have the right to criticize him as much as we want when he's not producing up to par.

If he doesn't want the criticism to continue, then he simply needs to quit complaining, go out there put up numbers, and win games for us.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Um, Terence doesn't need to realize anything. :rolleyes:

Seriously, he just said he reads some of this stuff and that it doesn't affect him AT ALL, other than as entertainment. The guy obviously is happy with who he is -- why would he change anything just because ClutchFans readers don't like it???

Man, some of you guys need a reality check.

10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure many players read fan sites. How could they not? They're really interested in sports and it's probably irresistible to read about your self.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Except for the fact that... er... we're NOT NBA players. And T-Will is. I don't see that as a slap in the face at all.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

:cool: You got it

1 person likes this.
  13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

if the threads didn't affect him he wouldn't be talking about this..

he would have just shrugged it off and moved on

but..deep inside he knows it bothers him..he's been in the league for the past two years with minimal playing time...chit would bother me too!

he needs to layoff the tweeting and internet browsing and focus more on what he needs to do better...it's pretty obvious that TWill has the athletic ability and mind (he's not stupid) to do things differently..

and let me quote him

“My whole thing is it’s easy to critique a basketball player going to your 9-to-5 and sitting behind a desk when we know when we put our shoes on, we’re subject to get criticized from those that never played the game, or they played in a School of the Blind League or church league when they were younger.”"

the proof is in the pudding

14. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Passion, dedication and consistency. You've got something special, most of us see it; we just don't want to be disappointed. You Will be an All-Star, make EVERYONE want you, BIGGER paycheck (which isn't bad either). Prove us wrong or prove us right, I'm rooting for you and the Rockets. I'm bleeding Red til I die.

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if grumpy TWill in the media shoot is the same one that got sent to the D-League? Don't imagine that attitude would go over well with a coach. ;)

Williams is skilled and a supreme athlete. I am glad McHale is giving him a chance and a fair environment in which to thrive.

16. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

That's awesome.

Sig worthy

17. cod

cod Member

Murray is offended!

18. makman

makman Member

Excited bro? I'd say I'm a realist. If pointing out the obvious makes me a tough guy then I guess majority of Clutchfans are tough guys. Sorry, can't act like you and some others and kiss up to him with exclamation points saying he's the greatest, esp now that we know he's reading.

19. Prince

Prince Member

tool lover.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Twill, Tattoo my face on your shoulder and I will name my first born after you. Squid.