1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Tale of the tape: Mark Cuban vs. Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Apr 29, 2015.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

lol at great songwriter

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This made my day.

3. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Great write-up! I wonder if Cuban predicted our "gentleman's sweep" of his beloved Mavs. Must burn, losing to a "not a very good team over there."

Thanks Cuban, its been great... NEXT.

4. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Suck what?

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Being predictable is not a bad thing in basketball, i found it funny that he tried to make it so.

Dirk is so predictable. He either drifts out to the 3 point line or he posts up you for that post fade away. That's it. For his entire career that is his offense. Now mind you he's excellent at it and that's not a knock on him. Even if you know he's going to that move there is no stopping it.

6. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

BWAHAHAHAHA

But anyway. Great article. is it on the Mavs board yet? I'd like to read mav fans reactions :D

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Umm, yeah. Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, New Year's Day- do I need to continue????

8. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

What's funny to me about Cuban is that when he started in the league, he was regarded as a guy who was trying to buy his way to a championship by overspending on big name players regardless of how well they fit together. After years of failing at that, he calmed down and let the team build organically around Dirk and it eventually paid off with a championship. Now he seems to have reverted to form with stuff like the Rondo move and ditching young talent and then going for guys like Amare. All while he makes fun of teams like the Rockets for not valuing chemistry :p

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Its excellent articles like these that make CFans one of the best basketball forums. Thanks Cat

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I really like how CFans.net plays our cards. Best fan site in the world!

11. dream2franchise

One thing Cuban needs to consider as a possible reason nobody wants to sign there: He keeps trashing players and coaches who don't play/work for the Mavericks.

I get it he's a fan, but does he realise that criticising a team or a player is in terrible taste and isn't forgotten when a player is available?

What if Dwight had a terrible first season and demanded a trade, there's no way he'd have gone to Dallas after Cuban's reaction.

Dmo, Beverley and Jones are going to be free agents, I guess we don't have to worry about Cuban making a play since they're 'not very good'.

There's always a guy who will chase the money no matter what, but NBA players have pride and don't forget when some has disrespected them.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Anyone else think Cuban doubles down on the revenge attempts and offers ridiculous money to Bev, JSmoove or any of our other available players this summer?

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Just nit picking aggravation for nothing. If you approach life the way the OP and anybody else that took offense to Cuban's propaganda then you are the loser. He's doing it for his own amusement, pay no mind after a glance.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

When was this delightful photograph taken? :grin:

15. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't, especially Bev.

Puban's moves lately are aimed more at trying to one-up or 'win' against Morey, and seem to be made out of spite and this childish inferiority complex he has, rather than him trying to make sound basketball decisions.

Just watch, Pubes will make a hard push at someone he thinks the Rockets will pursue while Morey drives the price up and let them overspend on a role player who the Rockets never really wanted that much to begin with.

Then we can all sit back and laugh when it blows up in Puban's face. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Beverley is a candidate for sure. I think KJ McDaniels could be one too if Aminu goes somewhere else and is too expensive.

Josh Smith is different because he is still being paid by Detroit and has a GREAT relationship with the Rockets/McHale/Howard. I am not sure Dallas is willing to offer a contract that would be enough to pry Josh away from Houston.

But, Beverley and KJ are RFAs so the Rockets can match if they want, but Morey doesn't play games. He assigns "value" to the players and isn't going to overpay. If he loses one via FA, he will have a backup plan. (see Parsons -> Ariza)

17. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Can't even be mad at Cuban. I probably would have said similar things about their squad if the situations were reversed.

18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I think he's still seriously butthurt over Dwight choosing Houston over Dallas. I guess that he really thought that comic book would work. lol. For all the luxuries he's packed into that locker room and that plane, Cuban still just as much trouble attracting top-tier free agents to Dallas as Morey does in Houston, if not more. Watching Dwight, the one who Cuban had targeted since Day One or even Day Zero finally shake loose and head to Texas, and it's to the third-best team in the state? Freaking HOUSTON? That **** pissed him off.

Now it looks like he may be headed for a stint on the mediocrity treadmill. I'm sure he told himself that he appreciated how lucky he was to have Dirk, but he may find out how HUGELY lucky he was to have him real soon here, because nobody's signing on to play with Chandler Parsons.

I do think he will make a play for one or more Rockets free agents this summer, because he's probably even more pissed off now. If Morey were to actually somehow get LaMarcus down here, I think Cuban might tear his own skin off.

19. bucket

bucket Member

[​IMG]

20. DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior Member