1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Sergio Llull to Houston? Not this year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This would be marvelous!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

At this point he is a throw in - with a trade.

DD

3. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

I agree 100%. Llull would be a nice rotation player AT BEST. Someone who can fit into a team system, distribute the ball while minimizing turnovers, putting forth solid effort, and maybe making a couple big plays every game.

No need to give up with him as an asset because he isn't going to be somebody who will change the outlook of the franchise. Only a handful of players in the world that can do that.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Llull just missed the winning shot agaisnt Rockets Superstar Nene's Brazil

Not good Llull.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If you can call that a shot. Good team d by Brazil on that inbounds play with 5.5 left

He did hit two 3s down the stretch...and was the floor general with Rubio nowhere to be seen.

6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Who-bio? Please tell me more. I've never heard of this player.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Because this is seemingly exactly what the Rockets need. Last year a solid, steady, and consistent positive force like Llull would have done wonders for the Rockets. It would essentially fill a PG void for the Rockets. He probably won't be a superstar, but it's not like superstars are all that matter. I think me and many other fans just get this excited idea of Llull coming in and making a positive impact in our heads, and then get disappointed when every year that gets shut down.

8. anchel

anchel Member

In his favor, he was key at the comeback in the 4th.
    Btw, another game by Rubio providing absolutely nothing. I wonder if his fiercest fan here is watching these games.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Blame the Rockets for trading for Lawson,resigning Bev, and not using cap space to commit to him early in free agency instead of making him sit on a "we will give you full MLE when we are done with everyone else" offer. He didn't want to wait and see what Morey did and took the RM offer.

I think he obviously would have helped but coming over last year vs in two years won't make much difference. Last year was a cluster F any way you look at it. When the time is right I'm sure he will come and be a nice player off the bench for a couple of years.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wish we had Llull in a Rockets uniform, but I'm beyond hoping that will ever happen.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Notable Players from the Olympics Who Should Get a Shot in the NBA
    http://upsidemotor.com/2016/08/22/international-nba-olympics-llull-bogdanovic-campazzo/

12. hakeemthagreat

The guy hasn't played ONE game in the NBA yet. These foreign played haven't done anything In the NBA, yet are put on a pedestal here as if they're roster spot is locked. I've seen highlights of Llull and don't see anything special

13. hvic

hvic Member

maybe Lull will come over when he's Prigioni's age

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You really do seem to have something against foreign players. It's like watching Kenny and Charles slam on Yao before he ever really played here.

Not that Llull would have a Yao-sized impact. But he'd be a good fit alongside Harden. Which is important.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nate Duncan (Dunc'd On NBA podcast) is a fan of Llull's game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Llull can defend. He'd be a great 3d guard in the NBA. Too bad it doesn't look like we'll see him.</p>&mdash; Nate Duncan (@NateDuncanNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/766728098838568960">August 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think everybody's a fan of his game. He looks like a great fit. Sadly...he ain't coming.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Pedestal??... Okay... Go look at how Philly fans are with Embiid? Go look at how Portland fans where years ago about Oden. Hell I even remember back in the dream team years when there was all this hype about Toni Kukoc since he was a stash Euro prospect for the Bulls.

Any time a player is drafted, and is stashed for awhile or can't play his first year or two because of injuries, it gives fans the chance to pick apart footage, and OVER analyze to death what the player will or wont bring their team when he finally gets healthy, or comes over from Europe.

Why do you feel shocked and offended that Llull gets talked about in the offseason every year, and when fans try to visualize a role for him on the team that brings value? Nobody is claiming he's the next this or that... he's simply a player that could bring value to the Rockets... and he could bring value for several more years even if he's not being brought over when he's 22 and has the upside for stardom. What are we going to Punish him for not coming sooner by not talking about him on the GARM?

However there is nothing wrong with discussing and evaluating a potential 30 something year old rotation guard who can help the team even in a small role IN FREAKING AUGUST... when its a choice between this, the Rubio/Hollic thread, or the Trade for Rudy Gay thread.... so put a lid on it if someone wants to talk a little Yuee.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Remains to be seen if he does not want to come over. All we know now is
    1) Llull does not want to come over "at the current salary/buyout terms"
    2) Llull has given the stock "I'm just happy where I am at" line so not to diss his current team.
    3) Morey is still interested in him. Would he be talking him up if he didn't think he had a chance to get him to sign down the road?

Because of the cap, it is not in the cards this season, but next year is a different story. Now more than ever with MDA, cap room and the team building with role players.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah, I mean I'm not one of those who think we should just bail on him and not pursue further. No sense not keeping his rights. I just will believe it when I see it in terms of him actually playing for the Rockets, at least in his prime years.

20. hakeemthagreat

I don't have anything against foreign guys. One of my favorite Rockets is Scola. I think some of you have a love affair with foreign players, and act as if we should automatically get rid of some of our current players for these unproven guys. It doesn't work that way