1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Sergio Llull to Houston? Not this year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The current Rockets guard rotation has never been stronger: Chris Paul, James Harden, Eric Gordon, Brandon Knight.

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Ahh so the cycle has been completed yet again. Thus ending the Rocket's 2018 summer.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I wish we'd trade his rights so I'd stop seeing his name and in CF and mispronouncing it in my head.

tc0330 and mockster like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yule Sea!

#304 J.R., Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    BigMaloe, Deuce, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I admire Morey, he just won't give up. Make it happen Daryl!

BigMaloe, D-rock, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

never happen: As I said last year, Llull's new Menorcan wife doesn't like Houston. And they won't move this soon into a marriage. I think she's pregnant now, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Is that based on someone's opinion/assumption or facts?

9. heypartner

She’s quoted as saying at the reception, “Llull is off the table.”

Although, some think that was directed at the girlfriends of other Real Madrid players.

topfive and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

After further investigations I would say based on umption, if you know what I mean.

FLASH21 and heypartner like this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

That’s not going to stop llul from being posted about lol

12. heypartner

Yeah, I don’t know if you’ve ever been Spanish before and newly married to a Spanish bride, surrounded by her Spanish Mother and Sisters and Spanish girlfriends, and who is now pregnant...

You ain’t winning an argument to move her out of Spain.

And I’d cave to her smile, too.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You know what else may change that....

[​IMG]

Show her the dinero!!!

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It is hard to move out of that to Houston and an 82 game grind.

That said it’s only at most 9 months of the year and then would likely only be for 4ish years at this point.

If money is way more (say $7-$10 million per ... not sure what his true value would be), it seems like a prudent financial move.

In either case, DM needs to keep up appearances so he can trade his rights to Minny

D-rock likes this.
  15. heypartner

I know you're just joking, but as a reminder, Tilman/Morey let Luc walk for $4.2m.

Llull is the 5th highest paid Euro player, banking $2.2m AFTER taxes, so let's say $4m (in NBA terms), signed through 2021. Plus all his endorsements as an MVP, loved by Spain. Wonder if those will go up/down/remain the same, if he bolts.

And this doesn't even count the complexities of his significant buyout (once reported at :eek: 12m Euro :eek:, but Stein said that's exaggerated), that we have to pay Madrid, via more money to Llull (which falls under Tilman Luxury Tax payments -- for a buyout?? :confused:).

Let me say that again, so we can fully taste that on our tongues: the Madrid buyout would include Tilman LUXURY TAX Payments, if it were paid via more salary to Llull.​

Further, aside from LT payments, we can't even cover small buyouts beyond our remaining mini-MLE ($4.5m-ish)...nor would we (see Luc)....would you?

suffice it to say: Any pay over Luc's deal would go to Madrid (as buyout payments), not Llull. And, we can't sign him to that, due to we only have $4.5m of the mini-MLE left.
    We'd have to trade his rights for him to get that, as Rockets are not going to taste the Non-Taxpayer MLE any time in the near future. Not to mention, does Tilman pay all that luxury tax for a 31-32yr old PG, with a recent, major ACL tear?

#315 heypartner, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think Environment and Location is apparently more important for him. Europe in general looks more beautiful and welcoming also Sergio gets paid well also. Salaries are very similar to MLE salaries in the NBA. Fans love Sergio Llull, they consider him a hero an idol young kids look up to. Fans live and breath their team. Houston is a Fair weather fan base with empty lower seats, lazy fans who show up late or leave early because of traffic. Every time a fan stands up and root for the team, older jerks look confused and become judgemental, complaining to ushers to keeping fans quiet. Being Rowdy gives the team energy. The team loves it no doubt, Houston Culture needs to change.

17. Nook

Nook Member

This thread will still be active in 2068 when Sergio is 81 years old and Morey is dead and Tillman loses all his money and Houston is underwater........

18. heypartner

I can just see it: Headlines in 2041: "Civil War Outbreak in Spain causes Mass Exodus" -- CFnet: "Mass Exodus": Do you think we can get Sergio now?

Nook likes this.
  19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Maybe Mrs. Llull likes Minnesota better?

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, maybe an owner willing to pay her husband!?