1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Sergio Llull to Houston? Not this year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2016.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Delete duplicate post please.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Llulz never going to come here. Pointless talking about it

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yes, but not pointless talking about whether his rights are worth something ...given how bereft we are of assets.

skroodup25 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Llullz 2 Hou? Not Ever.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he's coming next year! i can feel it. dont make me say it!

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Vader: "The cycle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now, I am the master."

Obi-wan: "Only a master of evil, Darth." (Pause) "Look, can we stop? I KNOW it's 'circle', the 'circle is now complete'. I can't work with this clown."

George Lucas: "CUT! Godd***it. Take five, everyone. Look, Alec, I told you, this is not 'River Kwai'. The script does not matter. SOMEBODY TURN OFF THE DARTH BREATHING MACHINE, it's giving me a headache....."

SuperKev likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hate to keep repeating myself every year, but I've given up on the guy. He would be a terrific addition. He isn't interested and loves living in Spain. Can't say that I blame him if he's happy not testing himself against the world's best. Spain is a trippy place. I've really enjoyed the times I've been there.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Yeah I said it tongue in cheek, however why does he want to come here? He doesn't. He'd come off the bench and plays the same spot Beard does. Why does he want to go the Knicks? Well now things start to open up a bit with a lot more options than what's here.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

And that's that.

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Euro star who never tested himself in the NBA.
    Sad. Get well Sergio, I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

That sucks for him.. We should have traded his rights a while ago when he first said he wasn't coming over.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

looks like textbook acl tear

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

llull not c

RyanB and Fulgore like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yearly Sergio Llull update: Update: Nothing has changed.

Sergio Llull again made it clear that he has no interest in coming to the NBA. "Would I like to retire with Real Madrid? Of course, I would like that. I have a long contract yet now I’m focused on having a great season," Llull said. "Of course it’s hard to say no because the NBA is very tempting on all levels. But I’ve explained many times that I’m happy here with Real Madrid. I want to stay here and keep winning." It sounds like the 30-year-old Spanish sharpshooter will finish his career in Europe.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurole...ull-says-he-wants-to-retire-with-real-madrid/

Real Madrid guard Sergio Llull has been with the team since 2007 and sees himself staying a “Madridista”… forever.

“Would I like to retire with Real Madrid? Of course, I would like that. I have a long contract yet now I’m focused on having a great season,” Llull said during an interview to Radio Marca.

Contrary to many European stars that have made the jump to the NBA at some moment in their careers, Llull feels quite pleased with remaining exactly where he is. “Of course it’s hard to say no because the NBA is very tempting on all levels. But I’ve explained many times that I’m happy here with Real Madrid. I want to stay here and keep winning.”

Lull also talked about Luka Doncic leaving Real Madrid to begin his NBA career with the Dallas Mavericks, commenting that the reigning EuroLeague, Final Four, and ACB MVP is more or less irreplaceable. “Luka can’t be replaced with a single player because he’s a unique player. One of those players that come once in 20-30 years. I think we all have to make a step up so that his absence is noticed as little as possible.”
    http://www.marca.com/radio/2018/09/18/5ba117d546163f95888b4632.html

El Real Madrid, Sergio Llull, went through the microphones of Radio MARCA to analyze the start of the season.

Navarrese
    "I hope he can get a small part of what he has achieved, he is a Spanish and European basketball legend and one of the best players there has been, and all the tributes he deserves are deserved.

Season with Real Madrid

"For me it is a special year, I have a lot of enthusiasm and enthusiasm, last season was very hard because of the injury but that is already forgotten and I am 100% recovered to help the teammates. win all the titles, we know that it will not be easy but you can never lose the hunger to win.

The march of Doncic

"Luka can not be replaced with a single player because he is a unique player, of those who leave every 20-30 years so I think we all have to step up so that his absence is felt as little as possible"

FIBA windows

"The suggestion I would make is that a Euroleague game does not coincide with a national team match, it is not good for basketball to have such disagreements between two important competitions, it is a privilege for me to play with the national team and not be able to do it during the year I think it's not the right thing to do, I do not send anything in FIBA or in the Euroleague but it is clear that it is not beneficial for basketball "

Say 'No' to the NBA

"Of course it's hard to say no because the NBA is very tempting at all levels, but I've explained it many times, I'm happy here, at Real Madrid I want to be and where I want to keep winning. Real Madrid? Of course I would like to, I have a long contract yet and what I'm focused on is making a great year "

JuNx, Deuce and steddinotayto like this.
  19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

JR, you tease, bumping up the quintessential Llull thread to give us Spanish chubbies.

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

So you're telling me there's a chance!