1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Sergio Llull to Houston? Not this year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2016.

1. omgTHEpotential

A lot of European players (especially guards) fail to transition to the NBA not because of the lack of skill, but because they're not strong enough mentally (Manu on the other hand is one of the toughest players mentally out there). Judging from what Llull has said in the past, he wouldn't be an exception, in my opinion. He is a clutch and crafty player by European standards, but he's not really competing against the quickest, longest and most talented opposition out there.

2. basketballholic

Llull is tough as nails..........mentally.

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If Sergio Llull didn't come after 2015, why would he come now? He's never coming. Sorry.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I think when this dude comes, we should trade him to the worst team in the NBA to screw him over.

RyanB likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah lol, i was kinda joking cause i really don't think they'll trade Porzingis, i mean, the Knicks are the Knicks so you never know, but they can't be this dumb...i hope to be wrong though.

PyroTex likes this.
  6. marky :)

marky :) Member

This is what, like the 50th season in a row this gets bumped?

Yung-T, BigMaloe, slothy420 and 2 others like this.
  7. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

We can only give him MLE (6m/year) in 2015, but we can give him 9m/year salary now

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's true but according to a spanish report his buyout also got much bigger...unless there's some sort of clause to lower it this can be a huge problem because for how much Morey likes Llull, he's not going to pay him more than MLE money or a bit more...imo at least.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sergio Llull doesn't exist.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Depending on what the Rockets roster looks like this summer I am certainly all for giving Llull a look. His buyout should be lower and the Rockets will have more cap room than they have had before when they made initial inquiries. Roster composition and defined role will be important though.

Llull is a true combo-guard capable or running PNR. Can "facilitate", not just score/playmake. 3pt shooter. Big shot taker and maker. Rockets could use his swagger.

If the Rockets end up moving on from Lou Williams in some roster shuffling, Llull could be a nice fit as the backup PG.

baller4life315 likes this.
  11. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

DonĀ“t know how to link but @misterchip2010 at twitter claims Llull will be announced MVP for League, and MVP for Cup in addition to the already discussed MVP for Euroleague.

Guy is a baller, also a diva, but is a baller, and can help. Count me in if he ever wants to come. Scola arrived late too and he was a hell of a player.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I thought we've given Llull a "look" every year and he just hasn't wanted to come over?

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

cant belive this thread is still up. wtf are u guys talking about here? he's like 35, and doesnt wanna go here. unless of course..girlfriend pics? where are they? i need a good morning fap :)

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Lock.This.Thread.Please.

15. onreego

onreego Member

I figured @Pen15clubber would be all over this one...

heypartner likes this.
  16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I need y'all to be my eyes and ears for **** like this.

17. omgTHEpotential

Man the Rockets could really use this dude coming off the bench. We'd have so many weapons on offense.

18. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

He's an asset we need to send to the Knicks in the Melo deal.

19. omgTHEpotential

Not much of an asset if he doesn't plan to come over.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Why would they want him since he has made it clear, he isn't interested in the NBA?