1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets to hold rally inside Toyota Center for Chris Paul on Friday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

The reporter was referring to this type of grill:

[​IMG]

While Dantoni thought they were talking about this type:

[​IMG]

To which Dantoni replied that he should get a Smoker

DonKnock and OTMax like this.
  2. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

MDA thought grill meant the cooking grill, but in Houston, we are known for the Grill, a mouth jewelry piece.

BigMaloe, joshuaao, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Got it! I figured at first, but thought that was a really weird question but didn't know Houston is famous for it.

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Can we just sit back and enjoy this.... he is going to be gold in this offense... not imagine Melo!!!

BigMaloe, joshuaao, Man and 2 others like this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Man even Morey lost it when MDA told him to get a smoker

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. dham01

dham01 Member

One of the children was my daughter. We spend the whole press conference in the first aid room. (Not that I'm complaining because I wasn't really thinking about that considering the circumstances )

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just RT'd by Chris, ha.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Damn, sorry to hear that. Pretty dumb to have 4 doors accessible to 6000 people

DonKnock and dham01 like this.
  10. 713

713 Member

11. dham01

dham01 Member

Yeah and there were no rails to control/corral the crowd so the heat + the body heat of all the people trying to press toward the doors was a nightmare! My daughter almost had to go to the hospital, but thank God, she bounced back after like 30mins. My sons were pretty disappointed they didn't get to see CP3.

Exiled likes this.
  12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Sorry to hear man, heard about the situation as I was standing in line near the practice facility windows, hope she's good

so here's my rant of the rally

I admit, it is sort of on me underestimating the crowd that would show up, I was at the Artest rally in '08, Harden rally in '12 which was during the week and couldn't imagine having a more of a crowd show up. They didn't even have it court-side for either, it was in the LaBranch entrance.

Parked at about 130pm on the 3rd floor (not sure how I was able to get in that floor since they said 4-7), the Skybridge line was open but only for "VIP/Sponsors", guess about to be on my 12th year as a season ticket holder wasn't VIP enough for them, walked to the line downstairs. They only used the LaBranch/Polk main entrance to get people in, you have FIVE other entrances that could've been used yet they had a line wrapped around all the way to Bell/Jackson intersection. Around a little bit after 2pm, we were at near the windows of the practice court, only to find out from 2 people that they opened the Skyline Bridge entrance from the garage to anyone where the line was MUCH shorter. WTF..... By the time we got in, the press conference itself was already over, watched the rally from Sec 114 on the very top row where they didn't even show it on the scoreboard from our angle. I heard there was a traffic jam getting out of the garage, since I was on the 3rd level, got out with ease, my sister was on 6th floor and took her 30-45 to get out.

Not really surprise by the poor organization, it's been a common theme the past few seasons ($1 food specials, giveaways, open practices) and even worse for STH events. Hope they learn from their mistakes for the inevitable Melo Rally.

Fwiw, for those who didn't get a shirt at the rally, Academy has them, bought mine on the way to the rally

thanks to TheCat's retweet, my Twitter notifications has been blowing up :D

#312 Dave2000, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Kam, DonKnock and dham01 like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. dham01

dham01 Member

Thanks for the well wishing. Yeah she's ok now! I initially parked on the 3rd floor also, but I remember the text saying 4-7 so I went up there. So not only did my Babygirl faint, but we had to wait like an hour to get out of the garage!! Needless to say, today was pretty rough for this Rocket's fan family. Lol

Dave2000 and DonKnock like this.
  15. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Roll safe MDA hehe

J.R. likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets are notorious for making fans miserable in these kind of events lol. I remember when the geniuses thought having a rally on a hot summer day for Dwight was brilliant lol. I was pretty upset how long it took to get inside and feel like writing an angry email to the organization just to vent. I don't know what they were thinking believing that no one would show up for $1 hot dogs and nachos on a non-school day.

Dave2000 and Kam like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

So no ****. This event was a disaster? Par for the course for the Rockets.

Dave2000 and ElPigto like this.